Fixing TSB Manager 2000

deadfaulkner

I don't remember if I've already posted on this, so sorry if it's a repost.

As I've seen some interest in TSB 3 roster editing, I thought it was worth asking if anyone knows how to fix TSB 2000 Manager.  I think it works fine for TSB1 and TSB2, but it creates a problem for TSB 3.  Namely, when you export a rom, it gives all kickers 19 kicking accuracy and 6 avoid block.  It also switches every player's running speed and rushing power, which is not as big a deal since you can just keep it in mind when editing.

Does anyone know how to fix it?

It's been a while since I've used either, but what's the advantage to using TSB 2000 over TSB3 manager?

For one, I need to use it.  SlimJimmy's great site that we use for our league exports the .tsb files that are proprietary for that manager.  I would just make the roms in TSB 2000m and edit the kickers in the other one, but that makes the roms unreadable by the site for game uploads.

But I also do think it would be far superior to TSB3 manager if it worked right, mainly because of speed.  With TSB3m, you have to click every single attribute for every single player and use a slider to set each one.  It's fine if you're editing a few guys, but to make a full rom, it is a weeks-long process.  With TSB2000m, everything is in text boxes, so you can just tab and type, doing a full team in a matter of a few minutes.

The other annoying thing about TSB3m is that it gives every playbook the T fullback dive for the down run. 

I think it's a pretty simple fix for anyone who knows what they're doing with this sort of thing.  I'm almost positive that it's pointing like one hex address off, but I have no idea about programming and very little idea about the hex.

Honkey/Canes - you guys have any ideas about this?  Again, there are two problems:

1. Gives all kickers 19 AVOID BLOCK and 6 KICKING ACCURACY.

2. Swaps RS/RP.

The issue is that I'm not sure one could fix this in TSBM 2000 because you can't simply change the code.

I think I might be able to get ahold of the emuware guy but I'm not sure if he'll be willing to help or perhaps still have the code.

It seems odd that this wasn't reported before so I'd want to verify this myself before contacting him.

He doesn't have the code. We went through this last year, and he sent us the helmet editor and the schedule editor sources.

Helmet editor - https://bitbucket.org/leverton/tsb-nes-helmet-editor

Schedule editor - https://bitbucket.org/leverton/tsb-nes-schedule-editor

Soon after we unearthed the TSB Tool source and Bad_Al has been updating it since.