Tecmo team preview newspapers

Tecmo-Mad-Brad

Vikings

9507f448-6ba3-48d3-8075-064dd90648f1_zps   

There's an old clip of Jerry Burns on youtube and he's pissed off while talking about a game where his OC Bob Schnelker was getting some heat from the fans.  He says something like, "they show Schnelker on the video boarder and the fuckers boo'ed him!".  Funniest thing ever.  Love the pic I found of Doleman sacking montana...that's money.

Edited by Tecmo-Mad-Brad

Seabags

8caa8942-c36c-4885-9912-af58b14a77a9_zps

When Steve Largent retired he basically owned a ton of records that Jerry Rice eventually claimed.  

Kenny Easely was a former defensive player of the year if I'm not mistaken, and he's pretty mediocre in Tecmo.

Fredd Young is hands down the best middle LB in Tecmo.  You can do crazy amounts of stuff with him.  Boz aint a horrible switch up though.

Not a pretty picture for Dallas, but they have 1 good player and that's it.

3c2784bf-9f65-4985-9c3d-a8cafb7e7204_zps

Not a ton of great Herschel images out there, but an over the top against the Giants works for me.

Went with more doom and gloom and even added in the "no danny no" line where Landry uttered it.  Supposedly White tried to draw WSH offside in a  crucial late season game(1983?) on 4th down.  When he couldn't, he decided to audible to a run play on 4th down and it got stuffed!

Edited by Tecmo-Mad-Brad

You do a great job with these, especially capturing Coaches and coordinators of that time period. Here are some others to think about:

(I know some of these wouldn't fit)

Dallas

Too Tall, Too Old???

Seattle:

12th Man!

(remember when the crowds would get penalties called on them for being too loud)

Minnesota:

Ground game broken?

Washington:

Fun Bunch: "NFL = No Fun league" ( I think that was 1984 though)

(NFL changed TD celebration rules because of them)

The Posse: "Where is Monk???"

(The Posse=Clark, Sanders and Monk)

San Francisco

Montana strikes gold with Rice!

Rice: Gold Fingers!!!

(remember that 80's poster)

Taylor waits behind Wilson, Why?

Rice and Ronnie: SF Treat!

Indianapolis

Dickerson: Robo Back!

(another 80's poster)

Cleveland

Dog Pound duo: Dixon and Minnifield

Chicago

Gault lost a step?

(reference to Gault being a world class sprinter and only a 7 speed on game)

Singletary in the middle of a great "D"

Teams can't "Dent" Chicago D

Hey Fes, there's a couple there you have that are freaking GOLDEN!  I love Dog pound duo!  That one has to go in for sure.

I need to rework San Fran, so you gave me an idea for the Wilson/Taylor thing.  I totally remember those stupid posters back in the day.  Some were cheesy as hell.

The 3 amigos of DEN were split up in Tecmo, and I was thinking about that.  I think Monk makes his way onto Japan Tecmo, so they all get represented.

Too Tall-Too old is good.  

Seabags

8caa8942-c36c-4885-9912-af58b14a77a9_zps

When Steve Largent retired he basically owned a ton of records that Jerry Rice eventually claimed.  

Kenny Easely was a former defensive player of the year if I'm not mistaken, and he's pretty mediocre in Tecmo.

Fredd Young is hands down the best middle LB in Tecmo.  You can do crazy amounts of stuff with him.  Boz aint a horrible switch up though.

Largent instead if Warner???????????  I don't know bout that.................Warner GETS big yardage!!!

Edited by ~Tailback King~

Not a pretty picture for Dallas, but they have 1 good player and that's it.

3c2784bf-9f65-4985-9c3d-a8cafb7e7204_zps

Not a ton of great Herschel images out there, but an over the top against the Giants works for me.

Went with more doom and gloom and even added in the "no danny no" line where Landry uttered it.  Supposedly White tried to draw WSH offside in a  crucial late season game(1983?) on 4th down.  When he couldn't, he decided to audible to a run play on 4th down and it got stuffed!

Herschel over the top vs Lawrence Taylor.......that might be one of the most classic Tecmo picc's I've ever seen.

Largent instead if Warner???????????  I don't know bout that.................Warner GETS big yardage!!!

Warner is a pretty marginal player in Tecmo in 2 player mode.  Has some occasional big games, but not consistent.  Largent is in the NFL hall of fame.  

Easy choice for me.

Hey Fes, there's a couple there you have that are freaking GOLDEN!  I love Dog pound duo!  That one has to go in for sure.

I need to rework San Fran, so you gave me an idea for the Wilson/Taylor thing.  I totally remember those stupid posters back in the day.  Some were cheesy as hell.

The 3 amigos of DEN were split up in Tecmo, and I was thinking about that.  I think Monk makes his way onto Japan Tecmo, so they all get represented.

Too Tall-Too old is good.  

I know you made your final drafts but thought of a couple more.

Seattle

Warner grinds for "Ground Chuck"

(Chuck Knox was nicknamed "Ground Chuck" for his affinity for running the ball)

Indianapolis

See Dick Run!

(got it from that Robo Back poster)

Rhon: "H" = Hangtime!

(heard that about Rhon Stark back in the 80's watching the colts vs 49ers referring to the "h" in Rhon = Hangtime)

Trudea's arm = babbling Brooks

Washington

Manley & Mann: Capital Punishment!

By the way like the Cleveland:  McNeil: Ice in his veins.  I remember Gerald "ICE"  McNeil back in the day.

Edited by TheFes75

• 3 years later...