2013 MT REmix Project Mayhem Trailer.....

hurricane55

On 11/14/2018 at 3:35 PM, bruddog said:

Dang you cant go back a few revisions? Might want to start saving a version after each major change you apply.

I tried to keep a copy before each major hack, can't seem to find the ones early on from after the 32 team conversion.  So the one I have that is not screwed up will need a huge chunk of work still.  Mostly graphical and I don't have all the info i changed written down.  Kind of did some of it on the fly.  So if I gotta look again for all those locations, I think it would be easier to start from scratch.   The important locations for adding 2 more teams is written down, so I can do that fairly quick.  I know enough about the helmet logos and how they are mapped and created, so that would be the hardest graphics to add.  

Most of the stuff I'm losing would be just my own additions that have nothing to do with gameplay.

And to be honest, my early hacks were painfully long and mostly repetitive.   I jumped all over the place because I didnt know how to jump code to another bank.  So i used jumpers to jump to empty spaces within that bank.  New coding would be organized and labeled inside the rom.  I can easily stream line some of it and be more efficient.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 11/17/2018 at 3:11 AM, drunken_honkey said:

And to be honest, my early hacks were painfully long and mostly repetitive.   I jumped all over the place because I didnt know how to jump code to another bank.  So i used jumpers to jump to empty spaces within that bank.  New coding would be organized and labeled inside the rom.  I can easily stream line some of it and be more efficient.

I've probably said this before but simply adding two additional teams to the game would be groundbreaking and it seems like you know how to do so.

• 1 month later...
  • 8 months later...

image.thumb.png.0cf6dce3711f16594e8497424d4faba5.png

Sometimes you can just see how good a player is feeling!!!

There is a little special secret that goes with this, but I'll hold that one for you to find when we release this bad boy.  I solved a huge hurdle last night, something that really killed my motivation for the last year or so.  I spend countless hours trying to figure out what went wrong.... and it wasn't my coding, it ended up being 1 freaking byte that I didn't catch that need to be updated to the current team count.  It was set to 32, which is the old number that included FA, so it needed to be updated to 34 to include them on this rom.   

I'm back and motivated to get this done.

Edited by drunken_honkey

On 8/22/2014 at 11:53 AM, Shlabotnik said:

Howdy - I just wanted to chime in with my appreciation and encouragement for the immense amount of work that is going into this project!  I feel especially hopeful about this mods possibilities, since I totally agree with the philosophical direction you're taking. No rushing or pressure here - I'll be happy to play if it comes out in 2020... 

Yikes, I think we had a time traveler on this site.  I mean, 8/22/2020 is less than a month away???  I think that's a good date to get a beta out!!

• 6 months later...
On 7/25/2020 at 4:40 PM, drunken_honkey said:

image.thumb.png.0cf6dce3711f16594e8497424d4faba5.png

Sometimes you can just see how good a player is feeling!!!

There is a little special secret that goes with this, but I'll hold that one for you to find when we release this bad boy.  I solved a huge hurdle last night, something that really killed my motivation for the last year or so.  I spend countless hours trying to figure out what went wrong.... and it wasn't my coding, it ended up being 1 freaking byte that I didn't catch that need to be updated to the current team count.  It was set to 32, which is the old number that included FA, so it needed to be updated to 34 to include them on this rom.   

I'm back and motivated to get this done.

That's sweet, nice work!

Edited by SBlueman

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
16 minutes ago, drunken_honkey said:

Still at it when I can, been working a way at getting this added to the Create A Player menu.

Create A Player.png

Good to see you're still working on it. Collaborating with others would be a great idea. Sometimes a fresh set of eyes can make huge difference.

4 hours ago, LanceUpperrrcut said:

Good to see you're still working on it. Collaborating with others would be a great idea. Sometimes a fresh set of eyes can make huge difference.

Unfortunately there are not a lot of coders who work with this game, if any.  I am currently breaking down all the coding for this.  I am able to insert my tiles into it and was able to map it.

Still need to figure out the graphics animation when you select the face, it alters between tiles and I haven't quite figured out what is triggering that or how the code is working to achieve this.

Once I can figure that out, I will be able to then start writing the coding to switch the face using the left and right control buttons, then adding in a button command that changes the color pallet, then writing that into the SRAM.

Currently I am working in the following locations:

x10A523 - jumper to the loading the tiles into the RAM

x10A59F - tells the game what location the tiles are in the ROM (first part of the location)

x10A5A6 - tells the game what bank the location of the tiles are in the ROM (second part of the location)

x10A5FF - mapping coding

x10A511 - this loads the mapping code for the tiles into RAM

x10A51F - this is the compare program that tells the game how many bytes from the mapping code to grab (change 20 > 17)

In this coding I have to break into to it and add some coding that will use the built in controller settings to record the button presses and depending on what button I press load a counter into RAM.  The button codes are as follows:

up - 0004

down - 0008

left - 0002

right - 0001

a - 8000

b - 0080

x - 4000

y - 0040

r - 1000

l - 2000

start - 0010

select - 0020

Once I get that done, I will then create a code that will grab the byte from the RAM counter I create that will then use a pointer system to load the next set of face tiles.

Then I will have to use the button code to record the up and down entries and create counter in RAM that will be used to load the color pallet for the face.  There is some comparisons I will need to do as not all faces can use all the color pallets.

Next I will have to then load the results in real time to the correct spot in the SRAM so that it can be used in the player menus through out the game.

I have a majority of the locations I need to do all this, just having an issue getting the button stuff to record properly.  And the animation thing.

So you know, a little bit of work to do.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello,

I've known about this project for a while, but only discovered this thread recently. Holy crap this game goes down to the roots! I can see why people are excited. I've been looking around places, trying to find all of the information about this that is strewn around the internet. It's been...interesting. One thing I really am looking forward to are the Helmet designs. Particularly the new team's. Whatever the case, do take your time and make this project as good as possible. Tecmo Super Bowl 4 is highly anticipated. I wonder if the code for this game can also be duplicated to take the pre-existing game, Tecmo Suer Bowl III, and make that cartridge a 32 Team ROM. If so, that would be sick, as me (and many others) fondly remember this game as a part of their childhood.

Whatever it takes, I believe in you to make this possible. You guys have already impressed me with your knowledge of coding in general. Keep it up! And remember, real life comes first. Do whatever you can to make sure you all are doing ok in the world, then the project will be in focus.

Thank you for your hard work, and stay safe.

I know this project is no easy task, and I am no coder, so amongst other additions into creating the ultimate tecmobowl, is it possible on this or existing versions to spread the trade period over 3 weeks? There is nothing worse than going through 3 trades and free agency, only to wind up with a dud. If it was trade, FA, play week one and then trade, play week 2 and so on.

Not trying to create more work, just spit balling ideas to consider

9 hours ago, LanceUpperrrcut said:

I know this project is no easy task, and I am no coder, so amongst other additions into creating the ultimate tecmobowl, is it possible on this or existing versions to spread the trade period over 3 weeks? There is nothing worse than going through 3 trades and free agency, only to wind up with a dud. If it was trade, FA, play week one and then trade, play week 2 and so on.

Not trying to create more work, just spit balling ideas to consider

I have looked to do this, have not been able to really dig into the coding, I am able to have it simulate a couple rounds first so it mixes a handful of players before human controlled teams begin, but scrappes it because there's a chance to lose a top tier player and not being able to do anything about it.  Will probably reinstall that code for the college version as it seems more fitting thematically.   Keep rosters at a high turn around.