2013 MT REmix Project Mayhem Trailer.....

hurricane55

21 hours ago, PlazmaCube said:

Hello,

I've known about this project for a while, but only discovered this thread recently. Holy crap this game goes down to the roots! I can see why people are excited. I've been looking around places, trying to find all of the information about this that is strewn around the internet. It's been...interesting. One thing I really am looking forward to are the Helmet designs. Particularly the new team's. Whatever the case, do take your time and make this project as good as possible. Tecmo Super Bowl 4 is highly anticipated. I wonder if the code for this game can also be duplicated to take the pre-existing game, Tecmo Suer Bowl III, and make that cartridge a 32 Team ROM. If so, that would be sick, as me (and many others) fondly remember this game as a part of their childhood.

Whatever it takes, I believe in you to make this possible. You guys have already impressed me with your knowledge of coding in general. Keep it up! And remember, real life comes first. Do whatever you can to make sure you all are doing ok in the world, then the project will be in focus.

Thank you for your hard work, and stay safe.

Trust me when I say, no one wants this game to be out there more than me and my brother.  My work has stabilized and I have been able to work on the coding more over the last month.  I think we can get a decent playable beta out before the season, which would be a huge step forward for this hack.

Edited by drunken_honkey

Hello,

Well, it's good to hear the NFL Season is the new deadline. Make sure that all of the grapics have been updated with the most recent uniform designs. Some have changed in the last few years. Also, glad to hear you have more time on your hands. Hearing you this close makes me and a lot of people here excited. Keep it up!

Thank you. Stay safe

• 4 weeks later...

Hello,

I began working with a tile edditor recently, and I decided to try and see what mock-ups I can create with it. First I decided to tackle some missing Team Texts from the game. I decided to do the Texans since that team doesn't exist in this game, and wanted to see what I could create. It's not perfect by any means, but if any of you want to try and make improvments to it, by all means do so. (Edit: I made a minor mistake on the "X" in Texans, that I must've missed, so I've reuploaded the image to make it look cleaner.)

Texans Text.png

Texans Logo Pixels.png

Edited by PlazmaCube
Minor mistake in image.

21 hours ago, PlazmaCube said:

Hello,

I began working with a tile edditor recently, and I decided to try and see what mock-ups I can create with it. First I decided to tackle some missing Team Texts from the game. I decided to do the Texans since that team doesn't exist in this game, and wanted to see what I could create. It's not perfect by any means, but if any of you want to try and make improvments to it, by all means do so. (Edit: I made a minor mistake on the "X" in Texans, that I must've missed, so I've reuploaded the image to make it look cleaner.)

Texans Text.png

Texans Logo Pixels.png

Hello, After some more time I decided to take another crack at a few more, just to get the feel of making them. I'm not entirely sure what limitations would be placed on these if they were to get translated into the game, but I figured I'd try it out regardless. Next I might try and make some custom helmets to see what they would look like....only problem is I would have to dig through my tile editor to find the helmet face shields. As mentioned, if any of ya'll want to try and imrove them, by all means, do so.

Titans Text Pixels.png

Titans Text.png

Ravens Text Pixels.png

Ravens Text.png

37 minutes ago, LanceUpperrrcut said:

Well done. I've always wanted to fix the titans endzones in the version of TSB 3 I am playing. Just don't have the skill

I'll be honest...I've never really done this before. It takes some patience and a lot of hope. I also plan on re-doing the other Team Texts so they match with their modern-day font....only problem is whether I'll have enough blank spaces.

Hello,

I apologize for constantly posting on this forum, and realistically it's a massive waste of time for me to be experimenting, but this is my first "Psudo" attempt at a helmet. It's nowhere near as quality as the game itself, but I did what I could. Note that due to the way the game layers the face shield on the helmets, they are stored somewhat disaligned within the tiles, so I had to manually re-align them with Microsoft Paint to give a better idea of what the face shield looks like. Also I know the colors are way off, but I just wanted to get a visual representation. If any of you have any critiques to my method, do not be afraid to point them out to me. This tilemaker program is really cool and I want to see what else can be done with it.

Texans Helmet Pixels.png

Texans Helmet.webp

• 2 months later...
On 7/10/2021 at 5:08 PM, PlazmaCube said:

I'll be honest...I've never really done this before. It takes some patience and a lot of hope. I also plan on re-doing the other Team Texts so they match with their modern-day font....only problem is whether I'll have enough blank spaces.

Your work is good! Looks like you’re a step or 2 past me. I’m working on 3 versions of a fbs tsb1 snes. First one is pretty much done. What editor are you using? 

On 7/10/2021 at 4:30 PM, LanceUpperrrcut said:

Well done. I've always wanted to fix the titans endzones in the version of TSB 3 I am playing. Just don't have the skill

I just learned how to do graphics earlier this year. It took some duh moments in the beginning but once you know it, it’s pretty easy. Just really time consuming and I’m picky lol. 

On 9/17/2021 at 4:32 PM, SirPurr79 said:

Your work is good! Looks like you’re a step or 2 past me. I’m working on 3 versions of a fbs tsb1 snes. First one is pretty much done. What editor are you using? 

I just learned how to do graphics earlier this year. It took some duh moments in the beginning but once you know it, it’s pretty easy. Just really time consuming and I’m picky lol. 

This maybe my winter time project this winter. Any suggestions as far as software I will need?

6 hours ago, LanceUpperrrcut said:

This maybe my winter time project this winter. Any suggestions as far as software I will need?

A hex editor. I use HxD. Just for changing code. A tile editor. I use TM. It’s pretty easy to use and has a ton of options. A photo editor. I use photo pos pro 3, it’s free. For importing graphics. Mesen-S emulator. It’s good for palette and graphic info. Java is needed for TM to work.

1 hour ago, SirPurr79 said:

A hex editor. I use HxD. Just for changing code. A tile editor. I use TM. It’s pretty easy to use and has a ton of options. A photo editor. I use photo pos pro 3, it’s free. For importing graphics. Mesen-S emulator. It’s good for palette and graphic info. Java is needed for TM to work.

Thanks. I am super familiar with HxD, as I add update my season number every year (so it read Superbowl 45 (ex) at end of season). The others I will look into

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

Sorry about being MIA, still hanging around.  Work and life has been kicking my arse.  Very tough year, but I literally made finishing this game my Work's personal goal for the year.  So now it has to be done or my bonus/raise is at risk.  I have made it my mission to finish all the things I started.  I am planning on getting some certifications for work by months end, something I have been putting off for too long.  

As for the new seeding, I haven't gone back to fix it, but I know the way the game does it so it's just a matter of moving the coding around. (Made a note of it due to our NCAA game that will at some point follow)

• 6 months later...
On 4/2/2022 at 8:39 PM, drunken_honkey said:

Sorry about being MIA, still hanging around.  Work and life has been kicking my arse.  Very tough year, but I literally made finishing this game my Work's personal goal for the year.  So now it has to be done or my bonus/raise is at risk.  I have made it my mission to finish all the things I started.  I am planning on getting some certifications for work by months end, something I have been putting off for too long.  

As for the new seeding, I haven't gone back to fix it, but I know the way the game does it so it's just a matter of moving the coding around. (Made a note of it due to our NCAA game that will at some point follow)

How has the year progressed for you?

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...