2013 MT REmix Project Mayhem Trailer.....

hurricane55

Knobbe has suggested doing a graphical release but there are so many changes it would be easier to continue down the path were on. The things needing completion are not all too much. I just havent been able to set time aside like i want. My life has got real complex as of late. Emotionally drained and uninspired. Last night i just sat in front of my computer for 2 hours just staring at codes. But the itch is there and im just getting my thoughts straight. So before 2020. Its really just us against this game.

• 4 weeks later...

Update: I've gone back and started the mind numbing task of numbering all the tile sets, which I finally completed tonight.  I have learned a valuable lesson that I have to stop jumping around with goals on the project.  One of the hardest things to do is start one thing and work on it for a while then jump to another before finishing.  By the time I get back to the task, I've forgotten the rules to the coding of that task.  As a way to help future edits of our project (which when we complete we hope people with edit, change and add their flavor too) I'm going to try and detail the things I'm doing by logging them in great detail on spreadsheets galore!!  With that said, the next step is to organize the mapping of the tiles.  This will take a while.  As of right now, I'm out of room to create new animations.  I know how I'm going to organize, just going to take a while to achieve.  But once that's done, I'll be that much closer.  FYI, I've also labels the locations of most of the background mapping and what each ones effect (IE does it scroll, blink, or fade out).  I've also put a label to all the music/sound effects I've found.   So I know people want more, but I hope to not only create a great game, but create a how-to on TSB3.   Xplozv has been knocking codes out the park and I'm greatful for all the work he's shared and worked on with us.

Also found a nice little write up of our 2011 NCAA Rom edit.  (Notice the SNES Cart pic?  I didn't see a dime of that, but Dave got me thinking a while back and I have a way to make sure that doesn't happen without contacting me first.  Nerd Hacked the code so that pulling to cart will be difficult without my help)  Other than that I really liked the websites breakdown of the game.  If this isn't enough to get my creative mojo going I don't know what would!!

http://obscurevideogames.com/category/tecmo-super-bowl-college/

Edited by drunken_honkey

Any chance you could just release a tsb 3 ROM, with no changes except graphics? I always hated tsb3 dull uninspired graphics and really loved your NCAA on field graphical improvements. As long as we can edit rosters I think it would refresh the enthusiasm for tsb 3 and back off the wolves a little who are desperate for a new release.

Just an updated TSB 3 with current rosters would be epic.

I'm trying to get the game back to its roots. Like the SNES TSB updraded the graphics, I wanted to just keep the feel the same. TSB3 tried to go on the realistic look and I was never a fan of it. My artwork is not to make a realistic looking game but a video game. Even on the cut scenes I could have gone realistic but I wanted the cut scenes to keep you in the video game world. This really will not be TSB3 when its all said and done. Cane55 is back at it also so hopefully we can get this thing going again. Later peeps! We will finish this!

I'm trying to get the game back to its roots. Like the SNES TSB updraded the graphics, I wanted to just keep the feel the same. TSB3 tried to go on the realistic look and I was never a fan of it. My artwork is not to make a realistic looking game but a video game. Even on the cut scenes I could have gone realistic but I wanted the cut scenes to keep you in the video game world. This really will not be TSB3 when its all said and done. Cane55 is back at it also so hopefully we can get this thing going again. Later peeps! We will finish this!

That's the way to do it. Madden tries to make their game realistic looking and it keeps going backwards every year. It's not about the looks, it's his it plays. People seem to forget that. Keep up the fantastic job

• 2 weeks later...

The new look of the menus. Still have some hacking to get the rankings, standings to be 8 Divisions... but it's getting there. Heres a link to the thread of the progress of getting the game to 32 teams.
http://tecmobowl.org/topic/64412-the-quest-for-32-tsb4s-journey-to-completion/

post-7018-0-36048700-1426220351_thumb.jp

Edited by drunken_honkey

• 3 weeks later...