2013 MT REmix Project Mayhem Trailer.....

hurricane55

Apparently, JamesBaker has deleted his membership on the site, but not before voting random posts of mine down (in totally unrelated topics), presumably because I gave the thumbs down to his screed about "work ethic" and his subsequent sort-of excuse. Geez, stay classy JB. Anyone else who had the temerity to disapprove of those posts might want to check their reps...

Apparently, JamesBaker has deleted his membership on the site

Technically he deleted a bunch of his threads among other things and then I banned him after an unpleasant but predictable exchange of PMs.

It's too bad...he was really into this release....just so  :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

assdan-bobbymoynihan.jpg

" we realized long ago we are hacking the least favorite tecmo game out there. but we always saw this game as having the highest ceiling. we are so close to having the game we envisioned when we first started out." -DH

I have a feeling that if you can accomplish even %50-%75 of the changes you're envisioning, this version will see a MAJOR spike in popularity. As a true bridge between NES Tecmo and Madden, I think it would be too tempting, even for the NES diehards...

" we realized long ago we are hacking the least favorite tecmo game out there. but we always saw this game as having the highest ceiling. we are so close to having the game we envisioned when we first started out." -DH

Technically, Tecmo Bowl for the PSX is the least favorite Tecmo Game out there.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Good times. Ive got the itch back and ive just about laid out and organized everything to do with cutscenes. next up is to code the remaining cutscenes. i have a couple new animations to create, but ive drawn it all out on paper. getting close to finishing the huge task of changing ALL the cutscenes. Next will be an all out assault on plays and com ai. hopefully well have a playable demo by mid season.

Honkey Vanish!!

Edited by drunken_honkey

Not yet. still working animations. no half assin it now. I had to find some coding to get the lineups to work right. next is getting graphics to help drive it home. i found the coding and the text is working spot on. It took a week to find the coding and only 5 min to insert. wish it were moving along faster but it is what it is.

Not yet. still working animations. no half assin it now. I had to find some coding to get the lineups to work right. next is getting graphics to help drive it home. i found the coding and the text is working spot on. It took a week to find the coding and only 5 min to insert. wish it were moving along faster but it is what it is.

What are you using to trace the rom? Is there an emulator with a debug or something like that?

What are you using to trace the rom? Is there an emulator with a debug or something like that?

I have 2 emulators with debuggers. ill post the info tomorrow when i get to my computer. One i use for ram dumping and checking, it also has a disassembler on it the you can use. The other shows VRAM. good for mapping edits. I also use 2 hex editors. As a matter of fact i'll start a SNES Tools thread and link all the tools i use for editing.

Side note: ive seen people talking about tracing, but i dont believe ive ever seen any tutorials for what tracing is good for or how to do it... any help with this would be awesome!!

Update: Here's the emulators I'm using when searching for coding or data in RAM:

NO$SNS Emulator - I use this for VRAM veiwing

http://problemkaputt.de/sns.htm

Geiger's Snes9x Debugger - Use this to Disassemble and to veiw RAM locations (including mapping, pallettes and game data)

http://www.zophar.net/snes.html

I don't know how safe either site is, don't really remember where I originally downloaded them from.

Hopefully this weekend I'll take a second and link all the programs I have that are SNES related. SNESPAL, Hex editors etc....

Edited by drunken_honkey

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

With 2014 gone and 2015 here, I'll be getting back on the horse with brand new ideas and a little more time to get 'er done!  In 2 weeks I hope to release a video with all the new cutscenes.  I've currently mapped out all the defenses and their logic out on excel.  Next will be the coding of defenses then it's on to the offenses.  I can't say when, but the dream is not dead.  Just taking time to get it right. 

Drunken... if you were to ballpark a realistic date of completion for the project... factoring in life getting in the way and such...

How long until you think we'd see this done and ready for the masses to celebrate your name and pay you for cartridges of your good work?

Any chance you could just release a tsb 3 ROM, with no changes except graphics? I always hated tsb3 dull uninspired graphics and really loved your NCAA on field graphical improvements. As long as we can edit rosters I think it would refresh the enthusiasm for tsb 3 and back off the wolves a little who are desperate for a new release.

Drunken... if you were to ballpark a realistic date of completion for the project... factoring in life getting in the way and such...

How long until you think we'd see this done and ready for the masses to celebrate your name and pay you for cartridges of your good work?

Dude needs TIME. More timmmeeeeee. Setting expectation is probably the last thing he should do.