2013 MT REmix Project Mayhem Trailer.....

hurricane55

• 4 weeks later...

Life sucks sometimes. But ive been plugging away when i get the chance. I made a quick list of things i need to either complete or touch up and its not all too much. Hope to have something in a month. But like i said, life sucks sometimes.

Also if i can get cane55 back on board ill try and get a video realeased of the new animations this weekend.

Edited by drunken_honkey

Life sucks sometimes. But ive been plugging away when i get the chance. I made a quick list of things i need to either complete or touch up and its not all too much. Hope to have something in a month. But like i said, life sucks sometimes.

Also if i can get cane55 back on board ill try and get a video realeased of the new animations this weekend.

Is there anyway you can upload beta file so we can see how it plays?

it doesnt play. thats the biggest problem. been trouble shooting play bugs. still dont have plays designed. if i posted the rom it would be just a visual beta. sorry, i want to release a beta with at least 8 plays to show the direction we are headed. good news is i think ive fixed all the bugs. i only have to figure out how to get icons over the wrs heads so that you know what button each one is. im close to nailing the way the game creates the graphics for that.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Howdy - I just wanted to chime in with my appreciation and encouragement for the immense amount of work that is going into this project!  I feel especially hopeful about this mods possibilities, since I totally agree with the philosophical direction you're taking. No rushing or pressure here - I'll be happy to play if it comes out in 2020... 

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry to sound pessimistic, but I have to question the work ethic going into this project. Seems very slow.

This is a ROM hack. This is not a development project. They don't owe you anything. Questioning their work ethic proves what a total asshat you are.

You posted this a week ago:

Just know that people are here to cheer you guys on. Finally startin to see some new people posting in here. Hopefully that'll help with any motivation issues. We'll all be waiting no matter how long it takes.

LOL, guess not?

That's not for you to decide.

They've answered me in the past. Without taking grave offense. Seriously dude, relax.

I'm not attacking them. Plain and simple.

You can't take back what you said dude! It's very clear on your intent, or else you wouldn't have posted it. Knobbe can also do whatever he needs to do in any situation, it's his forum! We're all a bunch of great guys on here and all of us do the edits for the love of the game, not as a job. Nobody owes you or anyone else anything.

My motivation level is low right now. I have only a couple of graphic hacks left and i have hit a brick wall in creative ideas. I am currently still tinkering just about everyday with the rom, but with little progress. Ive spent the last couple weeks trying to hack it so that guys with low footwork will fall down after making a jumping catch. Ive inserted a code that uses Rush power to dictate the style of jump catch already. I have decided to abandon that hack for now. i hope to get the final cut scenes finished and start on plays. Cane55 and I have already set up a game plan on how we will design the playbooks. Cane55 has started doing opening day rosters, which we will not update as the season goes on. So when this game is released it may not reflect teams on field talent.

I will prolly try and get with Xplozv and shot him some things to look at.

As for icons for passing, ive got the coding in my head and a method to do it. That should be the last of my graphics hacks.

Hope to have something soon.

Honkey Vanish!!!

Cane55 has started doing opening day rosters, which we will not update as the season goes on. So when this game is released it may not reflect teams on field talent.

I will have a complete set of rosters for all teams.  Hit me up when you're ready for them.

How hard would it be to implement an online database?

If they were able to do that, how would everyone else be able to do it, like myself, who can't program?

A database that keeps all teams up-to-date at all times. Keeps track of all trades and free agency moves. Perhaps it could be "user contributed?"

People could use your guys' tools to create their own players. Wouldn't that help solve all "create your own player" difficulties? I have the common sense to know that's very hard to implement as a rom hacker.

Is this idea far-fetched? Sorry, correct me if I'm far-off here...

We are planning on getting rid of the create a player to make room for team control. When its all said and done you'll be able to control all team playbooks, team defenses (4-3 or 3-4), and team offenses (3 wr, 2te, or I form) with the extra 5 create-a-player slots we'll set up controls for game/pass speed, % chances for the impact rating, run ai %, pass ai % and fumble/int %. This thing will be major. but those will be future add ons as we just want to get a playable demo out for feedback.

Already added is that now you'll be able to have up to 5-6 pass play per playbook.

The next couple of weeks will be crazy busy with my real job, but im still writing code down on paper when an idea hits me.

I'm always open to suggestions and help, but we realized long ago we are hacking the least favorite tecmo game out there. but we always saw this game as having the highest ceiling. we are so close to having the game we envisioned when we first started out.

These are just the major things we wanted when we started:

1) AI would be ratings based. Just about every code that deals with ratings has been adjusted to look at a players ratings to dictate the chances of success. From the E4 command (code for player control) to Special teams. Hell even the speed of players when the ball is thrown looks at our added pass ai. This allows us to give fast bench wrs their rightful speed, but with a lower ai they will react slow to passes. yeah, let that sink in.

2) Home fields. Each teams home field is unique. With players on the sideline and all. teaser, i got a code slightly created that changes the field color as the season progresses. Image playing in the capital week 16... that grass is dead son.

3) Team jersey select. (Cowboys wear white at home... and sometimes on the road)

4) 32+ teams. Once we finish the NFL game, it NCAA time. We really think we can get the game to at least 65 teams easily. It'll be at the expense of player names, but we would do a traditional rom. Meaning teams will be rated for traditions. It wouldnt be a current team rom.

I know people really want this rom now, and we hope to deliver a polished game when its all said and done. Thanks for the support, and throw suggestions in if you have any.

DH, good job bro.  What you are involved in is historic, and takes a ton of dedication and hardwork.

James Baker: pump the brakes and get over yourself.  Your backtracking and highlighting of yourself isn't doing you any favors.  Just sit back, stop patting yourself on the back for doing nothing, and let DH and company work their magic.