Sign in to follow this  
toolie

HSTL 25 Bowl - johny_mx vs toolie (Video Recap)

Here is a Johnny MX quote. So don't close the book on Eifer.

I don't know if this count as a tie breaker for the SB but I think toolie had better conference record since I lost my 4 games to AFC teams. If it is not I had not a problem with flip coin either.

Great video.

I look forward to getting beat down by both of you in the coming season. The run games were both looking fierce with each offensive side winning their fair share of the tap battles. As Randy said though, that pick by Young was INCREDIBLE, especially after the miss right before it.

Thanks for sharing, and the extras in the video were awesome too.

OK, here's a recap now that the vid's been out for a bit. 

HSTL Bowl 25 was a rematch of the title game from Season 22 where johny_mx's Bears stomped LuckyTool's "RiceBerg" Patriots to the tune of 35-7.  This time johny brought his Kansas City Chiefs, led by the Detroit duo Ware and Gray, to face Lucky's Butts-riding New York Giants. 

Chiefs win the toss and kick.  Ironhead takes advantage of KC's kicker getting blocked and returns the opening kickoff to midfield.  After a couple of 3rd down scramble conversions by Wilhelm, Butts is able to find some running room for a score.  Murray onsides the ensuing kickoff, and it's picked up by Rison and returned to the 30, giving KC great field position.  It didn't take long for Mel Gray to find the end zone to tie things up.  Butts gets a second TD when Steve Jordan bounces a manned Greg Lloyd from his blocker and he takes it the distance.  Next play for KC is pass 3 shotgun and everyone's open with only a manned Romanowski to deal.  Ware sees a man open over the middle and chucks it, but "Electric" Lonnie Young, who had bit on the run was lurking and made the play of the game, a JJ int to give the Giants the ball back with the chance to take a two-score lead. 

This is where the game crashed (at the start of the Giants' next play).  I had the vid, so johny and I reconnected and simmed (not SIMM'D) the game to that point.  Back to live TV, and Butts wins a man-grapple against Lake and it's 21-7 Giants.  Time for one bomb to Rison, but the play is called and we go to the locker room. 

Chiefs receive the kickoff and show great resolve.  Ware converts a 3rd and 14 by hitting Gray out of the backfield while getting a manned Lonnie Young to auto-dive.  Gray looks like he's stuffed up the middle, but he bounces it outside and turns it into a big gainer.  Later Ware converts a 3rd and 2 for a TD on a QB scramble, capping a drive that took up about 4 minutes of the third quarter.  This left about enough time for one possession each, so the next drive was critical for New York, leading 21-14.  The Giants rode Butts inside the ten, and things looked pretty safe.  First down is a called Run 3, second down Wilhelm just about throws a pick to Lake, and third down Wilhelm can't hit a moving target (Butts out of the backfield), so Murray trots out to try a short FG... which he shtoinks off the left upright no good!!!  Chiefs take over very much alive and well.  The first two plays are called, however, and it's 3rd and long.  A run makes it 4th and 2.  KC dials up pass 4, and Romanowski guesses correctly in the cat & mouse "pass or scramble" game and is able to break up the pass.  Ware probably could have gotten the first even if Romo had sold out, but it would have been close.  Butts gets his fourth TD of the day to ice the game.  A late safety by Jerry Robinson with Ware trying to buy time caps the scoring.

GIANTS1 30

CHIEFS1 14

VGG johny, and congrats on another great season.  A turnover was the last thing I expected on that play where Young got the JJ int.  When I biffed the FG I had visions of last season's playoff game with gats, where he tied it up on the last play of the game, won the OT toss, and won in OT.  I thought I might never seen the ball again.  I was fortunate to get some play-calls thereafter. 

The Zoo by Scorpions are you fucking kidding me? LuckyTool that is fucking awesome. Love it!

This was demanded by Kaiser Wilhelm, who wanted everyone to know that this makes back-to-back HSTL titles and he expects to be taken much sooner than the seventh round in Season 26. 

Just checking if you guys made a rule before you played saying no forward passes?

What's funny is that evening I spent some time "practicing" and most of what I did was working on the pass 2 timed JJ to Novacek and the ins and outs of the flea flicker.  So of course during the game I never tried the timed JJ and I never called the flea flicker.  The only pass I actually threw was the incompletion in the video.  The others (looks like three of them from the stats page, including the INT), were thrown during sim time. 

Well played Toolie, u outplayed me all game long cause I never could stop your running game. U deserve it man.

Thanks again, man, and thanks for being cool about making sure there was no lag and then dealing with the crash.  This game had no lag issues and johny went out of his way to make sure of this.  He is 100% class.

On to Season 26!

never i will remain unclassy forever when it comes to me or johny losing

Obviously you have a whale's vagina

JoeyMX is best in world

JoeyMX is pretty funny, but unfortunately (or fortunately) Johnny classes the place up a lot and can't rightfully be lumped in with Joey San Diego

this whole thread makes me sick

never i will remain unclassy forever when it comes to me or johny losing

Never will receive enough education in order to make a complete sentence or make a life for himself outside of tecmo, literally