Attention: Nestopia users!... proper color adjustment...

SteakAndEggs

I've been moaning and groaning about the teams with red in their jerseys looking more purplish or magenta, instead of red.

Sorry, about that.  I'm a nitwit, because I just figured something out that might help a lot of people, too.

I had NO IDEA that Nestopia has its own color adjustment, completely separate from my monitor's color levels.

To make the teams that have red in their uniforms look red, instead of purple/pink/magenta, here's what ya do...

1)  Obviously, load the game into Nestopia.  (I recommend starting a game with the Chiefs vs. Steelers.  Two good teams for fine tuning the coloring.)

2)  At the top, click on "Options"

3)  Click on "Video..."

You'll see color adjustments slides in the upper right of the new window.  Adjust them, as you like, (including clicking on "Advanced.")  The reason I say that, is for fine tuning.

My settings are:

Brightness  =   0.0

Saturation  =   1.27  (This setting is very personal choice, of course.  I like an extra splash of coloring.)

Contrast     =   1.0

Hue            =   -10

Then I click on "Advanced.." below those scrolls...  

In the "Advanced," I change the settings by manually typing into the adjustable windows:

R-Y = ... 120... 0.780

G-Y = ... 235... 0.330

B-Y = ... 330... 0.900

Click "Ok"...  Click "Ok"... and you're ready to roll with team and field coloring as NFL as I can find.

Hope this helps.  Woot, to all the developers.  Go, Tecmo Bowl. 

Edited by MeatAndPotatoes

• 2 weeks later...

Try changing the filter under video options.  You might like the smoothing.

Hahaha...  That smoothing tool is wild.  

It's so weird.  I can't tell if I like it regular, (choppy and blocky,) or smoothed, (like comic book drawings.)  I think I might just change it back and forth, depending on my mood.

Thanks for the tip.

Showing off how amateurish I am with computers, I just wanted to say thanks again, Knobbe, for suggesting the filters.  I'm back and forth about using it for Tecmo Bowl, but it's AWESOME for the updated versions of RBI Baseball and NHL '94.

Regarding the NHL '94, just like this site is devoted to updating Tecmo Bowl, there's a site that's equally devoted to updating "NHL '94 teams," uniforms, rosters, stats, etc.

Links...  (The first one is for regular 5 on 5 hockey.  The second one is for 2 on 2 open ice fun.)  The downloads are about halfway down the page...

http://pixelpuck.com/?p=2901

http://pixelpuck.com/?p=2928

I use the "GENS" emulator as the way to play it.

Woot, hockey.  Glad the season's coming up.  Go, Coyotes!  (Ahhhh-ooooooooo!!!)

Edited by SteakAndEggs

Showing off how amateurish I am with computers, I just wanted to say thanks again, Knobbe, for suggesting the filters.  I'm back and forth about using it for Tecmo Bowl, but it's AWESOME for the updated versions of RBI Baseball and NHL '94.

Regarding the NHL '94, just like this site is devoted to updating Tecmo Bowl, there's a site that's equally devoted to updating "NHL '94 teams," uniforms, rosters, stats, etc.

Links...  (The first one is for regular 5 on 5 hockey.  The second one is for 2 on 2 open ice fun.)  The downloads are about halfway down the page...

http://pixelpuck.com/?p=2901

http://pixelpuck.com/?p=2928

I use the "GENS" emulator as the way to play it.

Woot, hockey.  Glad the season's coming up.  Go, Coyotes!  (Ahhhh-ooooooooo!!!)

You should also check out nhl94.com

• 1 year later...

I've been moaning and groaning about the teams with red in their jerseys looking more purplish or magenta, instead of red.

Sorry, about that.  I'm a nitwit, because I just figured something out that might help a lot of people, too.

I had NO IDEA that Nestopia has its own color adjustment, completely separate from my monitor's color levels.

To make the teams that have red in their uniforms look red, instead of purple/pink/magenta, here's what ya do...

1)  Obviously, load the game into Nestopia.  (I recommend starting a game with the Chiefs vs. Steelers.  Two good teams for fine tuning the coloring.)

2)  At the top, click on "Options"

3)  Click on "Video..."

You'll see color adjustments slides in the upper right of the new window.  Adjust them, as you like, (including clicking on "Advanced.")  The reason I say that, is for fine tuning.

My settings are:

Brightness  =   0.0

Saturation  =   1.27  (This setting is very personal choice, of course.  I like an extra splash of coloring.)

Contrast     =   1.0

Hue            =   -10

Then I click on "Advanced.." below those scrolls...  

In the "Advanced," I change the settings by manually typing into the adjustable windows:

R-Y = ... 120... 0.780

G-Y = ... 235... 0.330

B-Y = ... 330... 0.900

Click "Ok"...  Click "Ok"... and you're ready to roll with team and field coloring as NFL as I can find.

Hope this helps.  Woot, to all the developers.  Go, Tecmo Bowl. 

Just wanted to bump this and say thank you. I've used it several times.