TecmoBowl.org Presents: Tecmo Super Bowl 2014

DFM

disclaimer: I'm a casual football fan. so, the rule is kickoff at the 35 right? and it looks like that's been implemented in the rom, right? does the same rule apply for kickoff after safety? I managed a couple safeties against the com and they were kicking off from the 20 afterwards. I'm playing on a real NES if it makes a difference, haven't checked in an emulator.

disclaimer: I'm a casual football fan. so, the rule is kickoff at the 35 right? and it looks like that's been implemented in the rom, right? does the same rule apply for kickoff after safety? I managed a couple safeties against the com and they were kicking off from the 20 afterwards. I'm playing on a real NES if it makes a difference, haven't checked in an emulator.

Yes, after a safety it is kicked off from the 20. This ROM is not put together with hardware in mind. If you are trying to make repros, there is not much we can do in terms of support.

Ratings suggestions if there is an updated version at some point:

Eli manning 25 PS to 50 PS.  Kaepernick 31 PS to 56 PS.  Both those guys have cannons, not sure why they got Krieg'd!
Alfred Morris 63 MS to 56 MS.  Rookie wonderkid not that fast, more a bruiser.
Brandon Myers 38 REC to 56 REC.  Had 79 catches last year!
DeSean Jackson 19 BC to 50 BC.  Only 1 fumble each of the past 2 seasons.  Not sure why he got the Lorenzo White'd!
Dez Bryant 56 REC, Miles Austin 69 REC?  Swap these two, Bryant has more catches in less games the past 3 seasons than Austin!
Stafford, Freeman, Newton and Palmer all 31 PC or less?  I guess this was keeping with the original rom BJ and Schroeder theme, but I'd bump each of these guys up a notch.  Especially Stafford who has 10k yards passing the past 2 seasons!

As stated in the beta thread, it's very possible that some ratings might have been overlooked.

If you think you have a case, state it.  It will either be changed or not changed.

More than likely there will be things you don't agree with which is fine, there is no right answer for this stuff especially for a preseason rom that is simply guessing based off last year on what might happen this year.

Hate to be a pest, but the Dolphins Mini helmet graphic were updated and then for some reason didn't make it into the rom.

http://tecmobowl.org/topic/56597-tecmo-2014-beta/?p=375894

The Jaguars helmet looks awesome.  Any way to update it as gold/black on the team select screen as well (smaller helmets)? 

I tried to match players up to original TSB player ratings.  Also, tried to balance guys based on other players on the team.  

I like how you did that, ie. Wilson similar to QB Browns and what not...  As noted above my only suggestions would be the PS on a few of the QBs being too low, as well as PC on a few of them.  Most notably Eli, Kaepernick and Stafford.  Overall great job though, thanks!

As stated in the beta thread, it's very possible that some ratings might have been overlooked.

If you think you have a case, state it.  It will either be changed or not changed.

More than likely there will be things you don't agree with which is fine, there is no right answer for this stuff especially for a preseason rom that is simply guessing based off last year on what might happen this year.

Agreed...  I threw out some statistical backing for my suggestions re: DeSean Jackson's ball control, Dez Bryant's REC....  Hope this helps. 

4 QBs are universally better than every other QBs. The rest are SOL. Even in the pass happy NFL. When I play with the Cowboys I think theyre great but ultimately theres no proof to support it. Meaning no Superbowl victories to state a case for ratings bumps. Ive looked over most teams and the great guys are great and the rest will have to wait another year to prove they need a ratings bump. Or else this would be just an all even team ROM. And that wouldnt be Tecmo at all. Thats what Madden Football is for. Great job guys and How bout them Cowboys!!

Edited by drunken_honkey

Man, WTF is with all the ratings hate?  The ROM is released, people check a few ratings and shoot it down.  Just play the game...

30 players per team, 32 teams, 6-8 attributes per player and we're talking almost 5,600 ratings altogether.  It's easy to pick two players and compare a single attribute.  These guys did it for every single player - and they look pretty good to me.

Not to mention it's the easiest thing in the world to change a few ratings to your liking - even for a nitwit like myself who is horrible with "computer stuff".  I could make all the changes suggested in this entire thread in about 4 minutes.

great work guys. just a few ratings suggestions as an eagles fan:

don't like 63 ms-19 rec for djax. i understand that he's really fast and he's not that great so you lowered his receptions to bump his value down, but i think he should just be 56-50 or something. he doesn't really have poor hands as far as i've seen (someone will disprove me with drop data i'm sure).

i think 63 ms-69 int for cary williams is too high. that suggestion kind of goes along with your "team-wide" rating concept. the eagles are probably going to have a good offense and a terrible defense this year, and they're not a projected playoff team. on the rom, their offense is already very strong with a 31 ms qb and 63 ms rb. i think it would be more true to life if you had to play as a 56 ms low int defender for them or something.

otherwise, eagles are pretty much spot on. well done.

The Jaguars helmet looks awesome.  Any way to update it as gold/black on the team select screen as well (smaller helmets)? 

Actually, yes there is. Not sure why I hadn't thought of it before.

change x023BFA to CF

change x5EA90-5EA97 to 0F 30 6F 5D EF EC F3 FC

change x5EAA1 to 80

change x5ED00 to x5ED04 to FE F0 30 18 08

change x5ED08-x5ED0D to FF F3 33 1F 0E 00

Implementing the above changes should give you the following:

post-8228-0-65230000-1378406948_thumb.pn

I did notice something weird while playing broncos versus ravens last night. I picked a pass play and one of the receivers went deep into the end zone and there was a defensive back that was supposed to be covering him but instead of covering him he was just moving Up and down up and down up and down very quickly like he was having some sort of seizure then when I threw the ball to the guy he was supposed to be covering my guy caught it about a yard behind the defensive guy. Kind of hard to explain while on my phone. But there is some sort of glitch for sure.