Tecmo 2014 beta

Knobbe

playing in emulators, the default quarter length is 4 mins. is that intentional?

on real hardware it's defaulting to 13 (says 3 in options). also the weather value is something invalid. does weather actually do anything? oh, and the arrow for the "current" option is not visible. 

I think having those settings reset to a default value when the schedule is cleared would be a good idea.

Edited by FrankWDoom

Where are the chalkboard play selection screens and yellow goal post, or the little refs holding the first down markers?  I hope they dont get left out of the final release.

Did you guys add the open receiver hack so the cpu QBs arent retarded and throwing to the one covered guy?

Lets not get caught up with jeresy colors or rosters because anybody and change those...i just dont want to lose good graphic changes form past versions.

Personally, I didn't dig the chalk board look.

I don't know why it's not included in the beta from this year, but I hope it stays out. If most enjoy it, or even just you programmers out there, then by all means keep it, but I prefer the classic look in the play selection screen.

Noted on the 2007.

There is a hack for having stats after each quarter that we need to apply.  This is not available originally.

ProBowl rosters aren't going to be exactly the same as last year.

Realize this release, when finished, is supposed to be nearest to original 1991 gameplay as possible, but I'm all for the "stats by quarter".  I don't think it detracts from the original at all.

did you notic that: rg3 is Vinnie with a extra notch of MS and QB Eagles arm; and kaep is QB Eagles minus a notch of MS and Vinnie's arm (with a PA bump)?  

ha!

Kaep's MS needs to go down if any passing attributes go up.  He's good, just not that good.

Realize this release, when finished, is supposed to be nearest to original 1991 gameplay as possible, but I'm all for the "stats by quarter".  I don't think it detracts from the original at all.

If we can get that in we will.

Where are the chalkboard play selection screens and yellow goal post, or the little refs holding the first down markers?  I hope they dont get left out of the final release.

Did you guys add the open receiver hack so the cpu QBs arent retarded and throwing to the one covered guy?

Lets not get caught up with jeresy colors or rosters because anybody and change those...i just dont want to lose good graphic changes form past versions.

Personally, I didn't dig the chalk board look.

I don't know why it's not included in the beta from this year, but I hope it stays out. If most enjoy it, or even just you programmers out there, then by all means keep it, but I prefer the classic look in the play selection screen.

They won't be included this year

playing in emulators, the default quarter length is 4 mins. is that intentional?

on real hardware it's defaulting to 13 (says 3 in options). also the weather value is something invalid. does weather actually do anything? oh, and the arrow for the "current" option is not visible. 

I think having those settings reset to a default value when the schedule is cleared would be a good idea.

It will be set to 5 if possible.

It's not really designed to run on real hardware

Isaac Redman got injured on his first run. It took me to the player change screen but he did not have a red X. I was able to keep him in the game and keep playing with him.

Same deal with A Brown later on

Maybe color-code COM, MAN etc... in control mode. They are all white.

I'll try and repro this...this seems bad.

Something with the helmets killed the color mode for com/man - if possible we will fix

Isaac Redman got injured on his first run. It took me to the player change screen but he did not have a red X. I was able to keep him in the game and keep playing with him.

Same deal with A Brown later on

Maybe color-code COM, MAN etc... in control mode. They are all white.

I'll try and repro this...this seems bad.

Something with the helmets killed the color mode for com/man - if possible we will fix

Knobbe is right; when we overhauled the small helmet graphics, we cannibalized the "man" "coa" and "com" tiles in order to allow more exact graphics. Color coding MAN, COA and COM as they are in this rom is not possible.

Beta2

Fixes

• Options changed to "Clock", weather removed, default time changed to 5 minutes (times are now 5,6,7,8 minutes...sorry guy who wanted 15 minutes)

• Start screen updated to denote roster date

• 2014 NFL changed to TSB 2014 on main menu

• Season Menu denotes this is actually the 2013 season

• Colts mini helmet grill changed from white to grey

• 49ers mini helmet changed from red to grey

• Fixed Jaguar background screen from green to teal

Changes

• Added stats at half time

Rosters/Players

• Changed Falcons A. Samuel and Osi

• Changed Browns Travis Benjamin to not be so awful

• Moved Broncos Von Miller from LOLB to ROLB

• Played musical chairs with the Seahawk D

• Changed Dolphins lamar miller

• Gave Pro Bowl 2nd TEs instead of specialized kick returners

• fixed kaeperniCk's name

Other

• Changed Broncos playbook for less Hillman runs

• Swapped playbooks between Raiders and Jaguars

We will probably make roster changes up until tonight/tomorrow morning.

Please list any players cut...not necessarily concerned about depth chart.

Still need to add Seneca Wallace for GB

I'm not sure anyone has looked at all kick returners.

Please let us know if there are obvious omissions 

I'll no doubt say it again after it's completed, but thank you to all of those that put this together year in and year out, for seemingly nothing more than self-satisfaction and the delight of people who love this game/Tecmo Super Bowls of all shapes and sizes...dedication times 100!

Bravo guys, y'all are awesome!

Trevor

Sugestion for Jets roster:

Mike Goodson #23 is suspended for the first 4 games, but after that probably Jets cut Alex Green to replace him on the 53'roster. I think it's better put Goodson on the spot of Alex Green.

Quinton Coples #98 is injuried but problay get back after a few weeks, he is the best pass-rusher of the roster and needs to be on the defense, replace Garrett McIntyre as LB. He'll play an hybrid of OLB and DE, but in the game put him as OLB.

Cowboys Roster changes:

T. Fredrick changed jersey# from 70 to 72

J. Randell changed jersey# from 35 to 21.

Less important changes Cowboys:

Would rather see them run a 2TE or 3WR offense (with M. Austin as slot and T. Williams as #2Wr)

And they are still in a 3-4 def. Again these are less important but I believe Cowboy fans would perfer these styles more.

Big changes to Cowboys: all starters should be 75 rated everything. Cause theyre America's team!! Joking obviously. Great job on the ratings for real. This aint Madden and Team Ratings > individual ratings is always the best!

Alright, here's the hex to update Miami's mini helmet with a new logo and white facemask:

change x23BCD-x23BCE to 87 FF

change x5E892-x5E897 to 39 34 68 41 62 71

change x5E89A-5E89F to 06 08 10 10 01 0E

change x5E8A4-x5E8A7 to 60 60 E0 C0

change x5E8AD to 80

with the code implemented, Miami should look like this:

post-8228-0-65299700-1378306639_thumb.pn