Sign in to follow this  
bob sacamano

Round 2: Detroit @ Chicago

First and foremost, I would just like to say, Joey played a great game.  He played it to win, and put himself in a great opportunity to do so, playing tremendous defensively, while not making any mistakes offensively.

Joey gets a couple of stops, and leads late in the contest, 17-10.  The Bears trying to run out the clock, the Lions get a called play run on first down.  2nd down, a called pass RS.  Just under 2:00 to play.  The lesser of the two Golic's, comes up with the biggest play of the game - the dreaded DL INT.  Whilst elder brother Bob sits on the sidelines in disbelief, little brother rumbles it to the house to tie it up at 14 with just seconds to play.

OT

Lions win the toss, but Krieg is JJ INT'd by an exc Mark Carrier to get Chicago the ball.  Reich lofts one to an uncovered Beebe in the end zone, and no surprise it falls into the back of the end zone.  On comes Zendajas, for the game winner from 48 yards away.  The kick is up, and it bangs off the post, wide left.  Lions are able to get to the Bears 48.  It's clear what time it is.  Agee for the minimal gainer, and it brings on the one of the leagues' premier kickers, Steve Christie, who was 16/16 on the year.  The 62 yarder is straight through the uprights, and Detroit heads to the NFC title game!

Great game Joey.  Tough way to go out man.  Excellent work this season, and best of luck in s26 man!

LIONS1 20

BEARS1 17

Edited by brodell

i hate recaps like this. dont say it was a gg to me cause im pissed. u got lucky every step of the way. like i knew u would. its the common theme between us as of late. but i will say that i did blow this game by allowing that pick6 to your dl.. so dumb on my part not to jsut throw it to wr 1 like i always do when its called... this one will linger over me for weeks to come. hope u lose next round

i hate recaps like this. dont say it was a gg to me cause im pissed. u got lucky every step of the way. like i knew u would. its the common theme between us as of late. but i will say that i did blow this game by allowing that pick6 to your dl.. so dumb on my part not to jsut throw it to wr 1 like i always do when its called... this one will linger over me for weeks to come. hope u lose next round

just take the compliment numb nuts.

can you redo this recap were u keep it real? ur not sry for the bad luck ur happy it happen would be a good start. i hate fake ass recaps like this i swear.

whats the point so you can look classy? real people like me read between the lines. i see the gloating in this recap...not the, oh man gats played great he deserved to win part.

seriously................

just take the compliment numb nuts.

no u take the part were i said i hope u lose next round cause that is someone being real with you. u got lucky on me like the world saw and thats all there is to it. i should of had 2 tds in ur redzone. instead 1 field goal and 1 miss field goal. game should of been sealed...

This excerpt brought to you by Brodell via gats live twitch game thread:

<<< "Yeah, very sloppy game on my part.  I really had no right winning this one.

Just prior to your kick, I had to pull up your roster quick to see who you had back there.  When I saw Zendajas 38/31 line, I knew I had a shot.  A 50/50 kicker probably bangs that one through, as it looked decent enough, but in this battle of kickers, Christie shines through!" >>>

This excerpt brought to you by Brodell via gats live twitch game thread:

<<< "Yeah, very sloppy game on my part.  I really had no right winning this one.

Just prior to your kick, I had to pull up your roster quick to see who you had back there.  When I saw Zendajas 38/31 line, I knew I had a shot.  A 50/50 kicker probably bangs that one through, as it looked decent enough, but in this battle of kickers, Christie shines through!" >>>

you lost me when you said i played a great game... if i played a great game i would be the winner now wouldnt i? so save me with that. it was a good game were i couldnt do enough to win.. would of been a good recap that i liked

Gats lol

Its like you've never been tecmoed before. Both of you played great, you defiitely got the raw end of the breaks, you should know by now that happens. Gg

i never said that.. i jsut got upset when he had nerve to say i played a great game.. i dont appreciate fake compliments.. its like someone were to tell me i got a good haircut when i know its terrible.. save that fake stuff for others not me

Nice job Eric, two biggest upsets of the season back to back!

Couple of observations after watching the film:  That Golic play was crazy, it looked more like a called play fumble recovery the way he was rumbling down field...  B-Humph made a clutch 4th down catch early in the game that probably kept this from being a Bears win, so nice job putting him at WR and good strategy to move him to RB as a decoy later!  Finally, I noticed the Bears called run1 too often, which was snuffed out frequently by the LB...  That play was costly a few times in the red zone as Okoye couldn't net much on it.

Anyway GG guys and nice work Eric!

Nice job Eric, two biggest upsets of the season back to back!

Couple of observations after watching the film:  That Golic play was crazy, it looked more like a called play fumble recovery the way he was rumbling down field...  B-Humph made a clutch 4th down catch early in the game that probably kept this from being a Bears win, so nice job putting him at WR and good strategy to move him to RB as a decoy later!  Finally, I noticed the Bears called run1 too often, which was snuffed out frequently by the LB...  That play was costly a few times in the red zone as Okoye couldn't net much on it.

Anyway GG guys and nice work Eric!

Thanks bro!

What ever happened to GG? Joey, you lost... I know its hard for you to comprehend.... but sometimes people just play better than you and you lose like you should. Stop the excuses, you have them for every game you lose.

i watched vid vs you and you can say he played better then u cause he def did. but dont u dare say he played better then me i got fucked in OT and thats all there is to it.. see u notice i take reponsibility for me choking and i dont even bring up the fumble before half cause i consider that my fault.. but i will not take blame for the blow job in OT

How did you get fucked in OT?  You had Carrier in excellent and got a pick.  From there your play selection was poor (I think you called run1 a couple times on the drive, which was a failure all game against his LB), unreliable Frank Reich threw a bad pass and your 38 PA kicker doinked one.  Not exactly a shocker on those last two fails, it's not like it was Montana or Leahy missing there.  I would say he played better in OT because he played enough D to make you attempt a FG even after throwing a demoralizing pick, then he made a clutch play to get into FG range and then kicked a long FG under pressure.

Your the best in the world at Tecmo Joey. Does this make you happy? Every time you lose it's because the tecmo Gods make it so. It has nothing to do with the way you play. So let it be written, so let it be done

Your the best in the world at Tecmo Joey. Does this make you happy? Every time you lose it's because the tecmo Gods make it so. It has nothing to do with the way you play. So let it be written, so let it be done

wen do u ever see me blame a loss on bad luck? please find it... i think this is my second time and ironic enough first time was vs him as well.. u see the trend???????????????????