Green Bay, WI - 01/25/14 - Retro4Ever.com presents Tecmo Tundra Bowl I

RetroNathan

Welcome to Tecmo Tundra Bowl I, the first ever public Tecmo Super Bowl Tournament hosted by Retro4Ever.com! Test your skills playing the NES classic against other competitors on the original Nintendo Entertainment System.

Time: Saturday, January 25th, 2014 @ 9 AM

Tournament Format: Group Play, top finishers will advance to a single elimination format

Maximum Participants: 224

Buy-in: $25, includes a T-Shirt

Prizes: Cash prizes for the top finishers

Signup: Signup and payment can be done online at Retro4ever.com/tundrabowl/ OR in-person the day of the event

Rules: All rules can be found at retro4ever.com/tecmo-tundra-bowl-offical-rules/, and will follow the same basic rules that Tecmo Madison employs.

Edited by Retro4Ever.com

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

The length of time all depends on the number of participants. With sign-ups starting at 9:00am and the tourney starting at 10am, I know the one at Madison went until late that night. While we don't anticipate the totals that Tecmo Madison had, we are anticipating a large crowd. So depending on skills and and number of participants, it will end somewhere in the evening hours. As far as number of games, with our format of group play, you will be guarenteed at minimum three games.

We got the first round of posters in today for Tundra Bowl I - just one of the many drink specials we will have on tap throughout the day!! If you haven't registered yet, please go to our site and do so!

Retro4ever.com/tundrabowl/

Don't forget it includes a free Tundra Bowl T-Shirt as well when you register!

1512620_690828930961685_183359551_n.jpg

Edited by Retro4Ever.com

We've got about 20-30 people presently, with more verbal commitments for the event. Not sure how that compares to other first time tournaments, but we feel it's a solid start. We've got a local radio station coming in for next year's event, and a couple local news stations taking interest in Tundra Bowl I, so we've got a great news presence building in the weeks coming up to the tournament.

Edited by Retro4Ever.com

The t-shirts have come in! Are you ready for some football? Then register for Tundra Bowl I to receive your free Tecmo T-Shirt! Players will have their choice of color on the day of the tournament. Side note: lodging locations have been updated on our site to reflect available rooms at local hotels. Hope to see you all this Saturday!

282931_709133072464604_1862224897_n.jpg

Oops I forgot to put my T-shirt size i'll take a large.  A couple of other questions I'll have my girlfriend with me there isn't a fee for watching is there?  The rules say 2 changes per HALF right and you can change players before the game for free right?  Is OT another half? Also do we have any favorites to win it?

Edited by hankthetank

I have a commitment for something at 9AM down in Milwaukee area but a friend and I are actually coming to GB later that day to pick up an arcade machine he purchased.  I'm sure we'll be stopping in to spectate for a while.  If there are any extra t-shirts I'd probably grab one for $10.  Wish I could participate, would be great prep for Madison.

@Hank, there is absolutely no fee to have her watch. In fact, the more we have at the event, playing or not, the better. It's a great environment.

@cacarat, glad you guys are able to at least stop by for a while. If we have any t-shirts left after they go to tournament participants, we'd open them up for sale separately. It's going to be great prep for Madison. While we want to make our own mark on the Tecmo world, we also purposely scheduled it at this time every year as a precursor to the granddaddy of them all. It allows a chance for guys to knock off any rust in anticipation for the March event. They run an excellent show in Madison, and we are taking a large amount of what they do and enacting it in our own tournament...with our own bit of flavor as well.