"TECMO HALL OF FAME" {the official}

Herschel's a legend in real life, not in Tecmo/s: he definitely got shafted. While he SHOULD be in the Tecmo HOF, he's kinda like Andre Reed, for the real HoF..............Should be in (in some people's opinion), but probably never will be... (IMO.)

EDIT:  I nominate metcalf.jpg for TSB HOF inclusion; primarily in the KR spot...But put that dude at WR, and he'll beast-out for ya!!

Yeah I can see Metcalf. Completely forgot about him. And you're right Herschel Walker was much better in real life than he was in Tecmo. And for the best arm in Tecmo history....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pTPFdn9uzj8

Was there a version of the game where he didn't have the best arm?

^^^~Miami Dolphins #13 DAN MARINO

.........................and the answer is NO.  He alwayz seemed to have the best arm.  A perfect high & tight spiral that would hit Clayton, Duper, or Fryar right in the numbers from anywhere on the field...Very frusterating to play against, especially when you got his receiver tripple covered and he still hits his target.

(p.s.   The music is very appropriate)

Edited by ~Tailback King~

~Los Angeles Raiders #34 BO JACKSON

By far the most EXPLOSIVE player in the game.  Not much more needs to be said...Was a major factor in TB1 & TSB NES versions.  Once he cuts back against the grade and penetrates that first line of defense.....................................good night.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dgYYaL--1qc

~Kansas City Chiefs #35 CHRISTIAN OKOYE

When you here to words 'TRUCK' or 'POPCORN', you think of two names.....Kevin Mack or Christian Okoye.  Except Okoye has the speed to go with it...It almost seems unfair.  To sum him up a sentence, I'll use Dave Murray's favorite quote, "He has all the subtlety of a tractor trailer coming at you the wrong way".....truly one of Tecmo's best, in either NES or SNES versions.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LoCEHPW0Vgc

~Indianapolis Colts #29 ERIC DICKERSON

His NES Tecmo career was as short & brief as this highlight........but no less spectacular!  If you were lucky enough to have the 1st limited edition cart of Tecmobowl 1, (like I still have) than you knew just how great he was...and if ya didn't, ya missed it.  Like Knobb said, he sued his way out.  It's really too bad because we might be havn' conversations about Dickerson being the best Tecmobowl player of all time instead of Bo Jackson...............In Tecmo terms, he truly was 'The Best That Never Was'

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jqlid2F2rfs

~Philadelphia Eagles #12 RANDALL CUNNINGHAM a.k.a. QB Eagles

If you know how to use this guy to his full potential, there really may not be a better player in this game (at any position)  In MAN vs MAN comp, I don't think any player has caused more Tecmo nightmares than Randall...he runs as well as he throws!!!...how do you stop him???  Many have asked, but few could answer.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pUZ6HAidTzo

This whole thread is a sham after this post. It's the other way around, homer. It's the legendary QB EAGLES! A.K.A. Randall Cunningham.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

All your threads are a sham after I found out you play in punk a$$ coach mode..........which by the way, I'm still waiting to whipp yo a$$ in.  Jets vs Cowboys or Cardinals vs Denver...it doesn't matter.  You'll get stomped either way...and have Johnny Johnson's size 13 cleat marks on the front of all your defenders jerseys.

All your threads are a sham after I found out you play in punk a$$ coach mode..........which by the way, I'm still waiting to whipp yo a$$ in.  Jets vs Cowboys or Cardinals vs Denver...it doesn't matter.  You'll get stomped either way...and have Johnny Johnson's size 13 cleat marks on the front of all your defenders jerseys.

Take that shit to the other thread. This is Tecmo Canton over here. Since I couldn't find a video, someone find me something on Barry Foster since he was freakishly good in the SNES/ Genesis version. And the obvious one...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SKKJrV-EAYQ

As in, Metcalf and J. Johnson each play better than H. Walker:  I'm only talkin' about NES tsb ^>here........not wankin' on my own Tecmo abilities or anything.

Yes we do.............some just play a lil' better than others.

Edited by ToonSpielmanODFaves

^^^~San Francisco 49ers #80 JERRY RICE

Well........He's just the best at what does...all that is, is scoring TD's, catching, receiving yards, total yards, yards after catch, and the list goes on........Probably the best wide receiver in the game.  Plus...every Tecmo game he's in, he has an elite QB to get him the ball.....not that he really needs it. 

As in, Metcalf and J. Johnson each play better than H. Walker:  I'm only talkin' about NES tsb ^>here........not wankin' on my own Tecmo abilities or anything.

Eric Metcalf is NOT better than Herschel in Tecmobowl.......in his over all Tecmo resume', or just the TSB nintendo version. 

Atwater?? What is going on in here?

Hey Dave......this thread includes Tecmobowl 1, Tecmo Superbowl, & Tecmo Superbowl SNES.......................Atwater is a GREAT player in the SNES version......If you don't think he is, you expectations are to high.....even for the HALL of FAME.