Catch the New York Tecmo Tournament Live stream

NYCTSBT2013.png

The New York City Tecmo Super Bowl Tournament

When: Saturday, October 19th, 2013- Registration starts @ 10:00 AM EST; Play will start @ 11:00 AM EST.

Location: BREAK Bar & Billiards, 32-04b Broadway, Astoria, NY 11106

(Approx. 15 minutes from Midtown Manhattan, Uptown N train to Broadway in Queens)

Desired Number of Participants: 48

Buy-in: $25 cash at the door, $20 pre-registration online before Oct. 1

Equipment: We need Nintendos, TVs, Controllers, Carts! If you are able to bring any of these in working condition, please let us know what you can bring and how many of each. If you are able to provide any television sets, please let us know the size and any kind of hookup (RF Switch/AV Cable).

Tourney Format: Group play will include 4 players in each group playing one another in round-robin format. Once group play is completed, all players move on to the bracket and are seeded according to their finish in their group standings and record. The bottom half of the field plays each other in the first round of the bracket. All other players with better records get BYEs. The better you do in group play, the more BYEs you may receive (for some, it may be at least two or three BYEs). The Single Elimination Bracket will decide who will be the NYC Tecmo Super Bowl Champion!

Prizes: Trophies and cash prizes will be awarded to top three participants. All participants will be eligible to win raffle prizes throughout the day.

How to Register: Register through our brand-spanking new website www.northeasttecmo.com. Tournament entry is $25, but if you pre-register and pay online through Paypal before October 1st, entry will only cost $20.

Questions: Feel free to post questions about the tournament below or you can direct them to [email protected]

SYT on October 19!

View full article

I'm in I can bring a nes 2 controllers and 8 copies of the game! Will you guys have t shirts

Only eight copies? ;-)

Do you mean tournament specific shirts for purchase?

No promises but I'm going to try and make this

If it's any incentive, I got your entry fee.  :cool:

Cool knobbe I signed up...ill see who's coming from buffalo tecmo crew like D.t., Jason P. (laztlain), maybe ragu11 and  ofcourse "Mr. I'd rather play online chess than tecmo" mort.

Thanks!  That chess player has already signed up on the site and paid in full.  Been e-mailing back and forth with DT, so I assume he's in, but I'm not considering anyone officially in until they sign up through the site.

the threesome appetizer is calling my name.

This took me a second... glad you meant the food.  :-)

At least the guidelines are laid out for this one. This is a single elimination bracket -- coolbeans. Northeast (Connecticut) tourney in 2008 was a double elimination bracket until the championship game, which was a apparently single elimination. A trio of Ohioans drove 14 hours to experience that. That was when Ohio placed 1, 2, 3.

Yes chris V im in I was thinking if you guys drive to my place you can park your car and I can drive the rest of the way I'm all in I talked briefly to Matty and he was interested! In need be I'll see of I can get a van or something it would be easier on the pocket book that way

Edited by EL TECMO

Yes chris V im in I was thinking if you guys drive to my place you can park your car and I can drive the rest of the way I'm all in I talked briefly to Matty and he was interested! In need be I'll see of I can get a van or something it would be easier on the pocket book that way

I would imagine it would be a drive Friday morning, get up there Friday night ... drive back Sunday morning, get back Sunday night deal?

Excellent to read all of this!  I'll be looking into what hotels might be close to the tourney if you guys are planning to stay at one close by.  Note to all travelers: keep in mind that it's New York and the prices are definitely not cheap!

Also a note to everyone: the easiest way for me to track who is coming and who is bringing what is through the site, so once you have finalized things, use the contact form on there to assure that you are registered: http://www.northeasttecmo.com/ai1ec_event/66-2/?instance_id=40

I CAN'T WAIT!!!

You know Anthony and I are in. We have 3 games, two consoles and controllers. I have a perfect tv too if needed.

We got a room already, perfect best man gift from my buddy for the tourney lol.

Tadaos - hope to Battle you again! I'm working on my tapping lol

Oh boy, some OH players might be coming, sounds sweet! Share some beers and have cross country tecmo battles.

So I'll ask the same question I always ask and make sure to clarify.

But reading the rules on the website, it's looks finally like how I always hope it is and think it should be.

But that Matchups do not reset after pool play? You can only pick a matchup once all tourney? That's how I read it, just asking my usual question now lol.