Waterloo, IA - 12/14/13 - Tomczak Bowl VI

Beef Juice

Fargo Jokes are OK with us. "You Betcha" Eh?

If we can make our schedules work, we will be there.

PS. Ive always wanted to see Iowa and all its beauty in the dead of winter.

Be sure to enjoy the endless vista of wind turbines.  If you guys come I'll also tell you my Babe Winkelman story.  It's.... something.

I regret to inform that gridiron can no longer make the tourney. Please free up his spot on the list.

Thanks

No Gridiron and no Knobbe either.  I knew letting the spillover in wouldn't be a big deal.

Quick update.  Karaoke is a no go.  They have a local band coming instead.  It should be right up your alley if you like loud asshole rock.  People that stayed last year to hear whatever band played knows what I'm talking about.

Good news is we think we're probably gonna have something on Friday night for folks.  It'll also be at Spicoli's.  Not sure on full details but we'll for sure just have a social hour or something to hang out and drink and hopefully get some Tecmo games in.

Quick update.  Karaoke is a no go.  They have a local band coming instead.  It should be right up your alley if you like loud asshole rock.  People that stayed last year to hear whatever band played knows what I'm talking about.

Good news is we think we're probably gonna have something on Friday night for folks.  It'll also be at Spicoli's.  Not sure on full details but we'll for sure just have a social hour or something to hang out and drink and hopefully get some Tecmo games in.

#JANUS

The good news is that maybe they learned "Tubbthumping" by Chumbawamba since they couldn't play it last year when Knobbe asked.  The band this year cannot be as bad or as loud as Janus...I hope.

Tournament rules questions from a first time participant in this years Tomczak Bowl: Are playbook alterations allowed?? Nose tackle dives legal??

Sent from my SCH-S738C using Tapatalk

You can find all of the rules here: https://docs.google.com/open?id=0B8F59_pnPNlodFR4elBySE1EY2s

"1. No bitch moves! More specifically no lurching with the nose tackle or defensive ends immediately following the snap. Violators of this rule will be forced to forfeit the game. If you want to rush with a DL,  you must either go outside the offensive tackle or “popcorn” someone on the offensive line. You cannot  simply go around your blocker and dive. Note that this rule does not apply to LBs."

New rule book for this year.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B8F59_pnPNloY0RXams5cHdqcjA/edit?usp=sharing

Main changes include replacing the world cup pool play with double elimination, changing the WR/TE at RB rule to match Madison, and adding a rule about checking player conditions only once per half.

I can't believe how thankful I am that my new employer accepted the fact that I had plans set in stone before I was hired on.

My new boss looks at his father (who also is an owner) and says, "Yeah. He's pretty big into that Tecmo football stuff for Nintendo. Remember that game, dad?"

Dad replies, "Techno?"

Son comes back with, "Nevermind."