Centralia, WA - 8/17/13 - Manyo's Mayhem! (Super Brawl I)

manYo

Wife will not be happy that it is an all day affair ( I kind of used up my "tecmo time allowance" at the last go round after party ) but I'll be there. I'm willing to pitch in for a keg of Mac n Jacks.

After party???????????????????  Did I miss sumthin'???????????????..............as for pitchin' in on a keg of M&J's, yeah me too........I'll put some o my Tourney Champion Victory Money on it!!!!!!!!!!!  Ha hA Ha!!!!!!!!!  I'm comin for you Kamp Da Champ!!!  (yes, that name's rights are copyrighted, and belong to me :))

whoa whoa whoa whoa whoa whoa whoa whoa whoa whoa.................................................WHOA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Kamp and Manyo...................did I just here the words "TOO MUCH TECMO" come out of your mouths???????????  You guy's don't seem to realize that this is a pretty RARE, a couple times a year event!!!  For those of us who don't have the luxury of playin' on-line, it's even more special.  It's OK guy's...It doesn't make you guys any less of a man if you just admit your scared...really, it's OK.....Even for me, sometimes when I'm using Johnny Johnson & the Cards vs other people, I get scared too!!!  Just knowing that one player is so much better than anyone else, and actually has the ability to put a whole team on his shoulders and still get victories..........WOW..........just thinking about it makes me feel sorry for all my opponents at Manyo's Mayhem.  What's even scarier is that I'll be comin' with a whole new offense that no one will be prepared for.  No amount of studying Cardinal game film will help!!!!!  AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!!!  I just scared myself!!!

PNWTC-2 FILM ROOM: Super Bowl (Game J): Randy (GB) vs. Kamphuna (ATL)

SUPER BOWL 2..... ATL receives the kick, and before the first play is snapped, a PAUSE..... is this the part where Kamphuna turned to Randy, smiled, and said Who ya daddy?...... then, giGGled?!?  Yes indeed, I heard it, and it's PNW lore now, cuz the next play, first play of the Super Bowl, Big Balls Kamp drops Husky legend Hugh Millen back to pass....... seeing B-Button Bob Nelson wandering the far ranges all by his lonesome, he drops further back, into the end zone........... and then, IT HAPPENED: as Husky legend Millen let one slip deep down the field, the heavens opened up, and a flash of lightning and sunshine burst onto the field as the tecmo gods smiled down upon Kamp and his BiGG Balls ("now THIS is how you open a motherfuckin' super bowl!")......  and so it was that a sweet tecmo wind guided that ball thru the air and far downfield into the upraised hands of the HIGH tecmo priest Bad Moon Rison, who snagged it violently out of the air, dropped to the ground as a peal of thunder buckled Bob's quivering knees, then slashed into the endzone for the opening score...... HOT DAMN, now that's what I'm talking about!!!!!  As O'Blarney's erupted in Mac N Jacks-inspired jubilation, I chanced to notice Kamp turn to Randy, calmly look into his fearful unbelieving eyes (for once, the gods were not with him), and say: eGGcelent.

THIS.... is Game J of the PNWTC-2 playoffs bracket.

>http://www.twitch.tv/tecmomanyo/c/2638823

I finally watched this again. I can't remember why I started Hugh Breedlove Millen, must have been the Mac n Jack's, lol. Probably the PS 2 notch difference and the fact I just got him in Retro. I did remember that sick run Randy had with Majik on 3rd down picked play for the Packer TD. I think there was so much conditions checking/player changing that Randy missed that he put Sharpe from up top to below. Quite a drive to nearly tie it up. Majik had a couple of poorly thrown balls out of bounds that could have been dangeRuss.

I'm looking forward to everybody playing everybody. Good times.

whoa whoa whoa whoa whoa whoa whoa whoa whoa whoa.................................................WHOA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Kamp and Manyo...................did I just here the words "TOO MUCH TECMO" come out of your mouths???????????  You guy's don't seem to realize that this is a pretty RARE, a couple times a year event!!!  For those of us who don't have the luxury of playin' on-line, it's even more special.  It's OK guy's...It doesn't make you guys any less of a man if you just admit your scared...really, it's OK.....Even for me, sometimes when I'm using Johnny Johnson & the Cards vs other people, I get scared too!!!  Just knowing that one player is so much better than anyone else, and actually has the ability to put a whole team on his shoulders and still get victories..........WOW..........just thinking about it makes me feel sorry for all my opponents at Manyo's Mayhem.  What's even scarier is that I'll be comin' with a whole new offense that no one will be prepared for.  No amount of studying Cardinal game film will help!!!!!  AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!!!  I just scared myself!!!

I did preface it by saying, "this might sound crazy"

Okay this is a replication of the first post in this thread, which I just edited, but I thought I'd repost it here so more people might actually read it..... I'm also going to e-mail this out shortly, asking for confirmation of entry, feedback, etc.

I also want to add that there is an absolute hard limit of 10 people for this tournament, and as of right now there are only 9 people signed up.  All the info below basically assumes there will be 10 people, but if there's not, then the TIMES and the MONEY might be changed..... as in less time for the tourney, and less money to bring for the series wagers.  Right now, the tourney is scheduled to start at 10 am, and last no longer than 9 pm.  That's late, I know, but we will be starting on time, and I will try to keep things running smoothly, so that we can end as soon as possible...... but if your schedule, your train or bus, or whatever, will preclude you from committing to these time frames, then let me know and I will take your feedback into consideration....... but also know I'm pretty committed to a tourney in which everyone plays everyone else a 3-game series, and I only increased the tourney limit to 10 (from eight due to popular demand.

Jumping Jackass Productions presents.....

Manyo's Mayhem!

~~ Super Brawl I ~~

Centralia, WA -- August 17, 2013

WHAT -- The 1st annual Manyo's Mayhem!  We’ll be playing Tecmo Super Bowl on the NES.  This tournament will consist of no more than 10 Players and 9 Rounds.  Each Round will match 2 Players against each other in a best-of-3 series.  Therefore, each player will play each other player in a best-of-3 series in this tournament.  Players will earn Tecmo Points based on winning (total wins, series sweeps) and their performance in games (shutouts / blowouts).  The player with the most Tecmo Points after the last round will be considered the Tournament Champion.  The Tecmo Points will also be used to create an initial set of PNW Tecmo Player Rankings, #1-10, which will be adjusted based on performance in future PNW tournaments.

WHEN -- Saturday, August 17, with tournament scheduled to start at 10:00 AM and end before 9:00 PM (ending time will be adjusted back if there are less than 10 players).

Players will be given roughly one hour to complete each Round.  There will be a 45-minute break for lunch at 1:00, and another 45-minute break for dinner around 5:45.  You might also earn a break if you sweep (or get swept in) a series.

WHERE -- Centralia, WA.  Private residence.  Address will be e-mailed out before the tournament, but it is about a 10-minute drive from I-5 (easy directions).  There will be plenty of room to pitch a tent, and players are invited to camp Friday and/or Saturday nights if they wish.  There is also a pool, a basketball court, and other sporting possibilities, so plan accordingly.  Transportation to and from the bus stop or train depot can be provided, just let me know.

For food, you can bring your own, order pizza delivered to the tournament site, or a few blocks away there is a small grocery store and also a killer burger joint that slow-cooks BBQ and whatnot (pulled-pork sandwiches, etc.).  The usual fast food places are about 10 minutes away as well, near the freeway.

For beer, you can bring your own, or some of us have discussed acquiring a pony keg of Mac N' Jack's..... I will research that possibility and price and get back to you on that.  If you know of where to get one, let me know, and I can help round up the money.

WHO -- This very special tournament will be hard-limited to the first 10 players to register.  Beyond that, registrants will be placed on a waiting list in the order they are received.

$$$ -- Each player is expected to bring at least $5 to wager on each series they will play in the tournament.  So, if there are 10 people in the tournament, you are expected to bring at least $45 (please try to bring $5 bills).  After each series, the loser pays the winner $5 cash.  Players can, of course, wager more than $5 on each series if there is mutual agreement beforehand.

Also, there will be an optional Tecmo Lotto at this tournament, which will run at least 10 times during the day.  For the Tecmo Lotto, each participant pays $1, then randomly draws one Tecmo team out of a hat (maximum 2 teams purchased each lotto).  During each round of tournament play, a season will be skipped on a side TV, and whoever holds the team that wins the Super Bowl in the skipped season, wins the lotto pot.  If no one holds the Super Bowl winner, then the pot carries over to the next round's lotto.

As noted above, you might need money for food and/or drink as well.

PRIZES -- See the wagering system above.  There might be a little something for the champion as well, not sure what yet..... something fitting MANYO'S MAYHEM, perhaps?

HOW TO REGISTER:  Register here.

FORMAT:

• Each player will play a best-of-3 series against each other player. 
  • The order in which players will be matched up will be determined and posted before the tournament.  This schedule will be influenced by factors such as rivalries and which games/series look to be the best candidates for recording; one goal is to get at least one game or series recorded for each player.  Manyo and Randy's series will take place in the last round, and even though we will play best-of-7, we will only use the first 2 or 3 games ( a mini best-of-3) for the tournament scoring system.
  • 1 Tecmo Point is earned for each game victory.  If a player sweeps a series, they earn a bonus 1 Tecmo Point as well.  So, if a player sweeps a series, they would earn 3 Tecmo Points in total.
  • An additional 0.5 Tecmo Points are awarded for either a "shutout" or "blowout" victory.  A "shutout" means holding your opponent scoreless for an entire game, and a "blowout" means achieving a lead of 28 or more points at any point in the 2nd half  (at which point the game is over and you can stop playing).
  • Tecmo Points will be calculated and posted after each round for all to see.  The player with the most Tecmo Points in the end is the Tournament Champion.

MATCH-UPS / TEAM SELECTION:

1.   Match-ups/Team Selection: Players may mutually agree on the matchup before each 3-game series, so long as both of the chosen teams are within the same tiered Group (see Groups HERE or see below).  Once a team is chosen, players must stay with that team for the remainder of the 3-game series.  Players will then roll for controller-side.  IF PLAYERS CANNOT AGREE ON THE TEAMS, then the following process will take place:

• Before the tournament, each player ranks their teams within each of the 4 Groups, from best to worst, and submits these lists to the tournament director (he will submit his personal list to Randy before he receives any from other players).  
  • Once two players meet to play a 3-game series, they first each roll a die for highest number.  The person with the highest number has a choice: Group or Controller-Side...... 

---Choosing Group means he will choose which group of teams the two players will draw their teams from (see GROUPS), and then the players compare their respective rankings for that Group: the first difference between their rankings is the matchup for that series.  The player other than the one that chose the Group gets to choose controller-side.

---Choosing Controller-Side means exactly that, and then the other player chooses the Group, etc., same procedure as above.

• If it turns out that two players have the exact same team rankings within the first chosen Group, then the other player chooses the next Group to examine, and so on, back and forth if necessary, until a matchup is identified.  Once a matchup is identified, the person other than the person that chose that Group chooses controller-side.  If it ends up that both players had the EXACT SAME rankings for all teams in all groups, then they will roll the die and choose their teams Madison-style (see director for more info if necessary on that).
  • Players alternate controller-side each game of the series.

949f0fe9-b26e-44c3-9d88-d610724d06de_zps

For more details and a complete list of rules and procedures, visit.....

pnwtecmo.com

If you can't make it on Game Day, then follow all the action at PNW LIVE!

REGISTRATION LIST

1. Manyo
  2. BoogieWithStu
  3. Joe
  4. SIrTed
  5. Da Professor
  6. Kamphuna
  7. Tailback King
  8. Chalky White
  9. Randy the Dandy
  10. ???

10???  Where's GRIPSMOKE???  any word?????????

hahhaaa.... awesome! would make a nice poster.

no word from gripsmoke... in fact, registration is closed as of august 1st... only accepting sign-ups that go to a waiting list......

also, stu told me there's a tourney at Another Castle video game store up near seattle on august 10..... check for their facebook page for more details..... doubt I can go, I'm putting a roof on my house currently, but gl if anyone here does.

I'm extremely proud and excited to present to you, in association with Walrus Promotions - the Totally Unauthorized and Unofficial poster for Manyo's Mayhem:SuperBrawl I - 

995435_10201599224204471_2070952386_n.jp

Ha hA Ha hA Ha hA Ha hA Ha!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Now that shit is FUNNY!!!  It's fitting that J.J. is Flair.  Nice touch...but I almost pi$$ed my pants when I noticed that Randy was Vader..........holy sh!t that was funny!

Who cares about Ted getting worked in online Tecmo when we can watch videos like this to get PUMPED!!!!
Definitely in my top 5 matches of all time, simply for the crowd's reaction. Hogan came into Wrestlemania 18 as a full on heel but that didn't stop the crowd from loving him.
>http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fp6gW2MIhb0

Who cares about Ted getting worked in online Tecmo when we can watch videos like this to get PUMPED!!!!

Definitely in my top 5 matches of all time, simply for the crowd's reaction. Hogan came into Wrestlemania 18 as a full on heel but that didn't stop the crowd from loving him.
>http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fp6gW2MIhb0

That WAS a great match...............I got that PPV when it happened......It has been more than ten years ago now, hasn't it???

{p.s.   I think Ric Flair's skin is actually darker than Johnson's}

hahhaaa.... awesome! would make a nice poster.

no word from gripsmoke... in fact, registration is closed as of august 1st... only accepting sign-ups that go to a waiting list......

also, stu told me there's a tourney at Another Castle video game store up near seattle on august 10..... check for their facebook page for more details..... doubt I can go, I'm putting a roof on my house currently, but gl if anyone here does.

Why don't they post when the Tourney is on HERE??? Do they not know about the Tecmobowl site???  Or are they just afraid of REAL GOOD PLAYERS invading and takin' over there Tourney..............................and it WOULD be a hostile takeover, N.W.O. style. 

Another alltime - alltime. There are more "extreme" ladder matches out there. But this was the OG ladder match. I had a "Best of Wrestlemania" VHS that I used to watch all the time and this was considered top 2 or 3. Great match. HBK always kills it, and Razor's swayze was at an all-time high. 11 Days...

>http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VcC83KmCjt8

Another alltime - alltime. There are more "extreme" ladder matches out there. But this was the OG ladder match. I had a "Best of Wrestlemania" VHS that I used to watch all the time and this was considered top 2 or 3. Great match. HBK always kills it, and Razor's swayze was at an all-time high. 11 Days...

>http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VcC83KmCjt8

Hey Ted this match reminds me of us.....................and you KNOW I'm RAZOR!!!  The outcome of there match will be the outcome of OURS!!!  With "TAILBACK KING, the bad guy"  at the Top of the LADDER!!!  You can bet on that!!!!!!!!!!!!

This may sound kind of crazy, but it also might be TOO MUCH TECMO. My thumb gonna be worn out. With 10 players, you're talking everyone plays 18-27 games?

The wearin' out your thumbs get will be because you're gonna have ta stop Johnny Johnson 3 games in a ROW...You'll be all tappt out by the second game...like Ali vs Forman...then BAMM!!!!!!!  The unstoppable combos of up the gut, off tackle, pitch right, pitch left, sweep to the bottom, and sweep to the top, are gonna hitcha like a brick shit house!!! Down goes Dallas like Debbie, and the Cardinals will rize............................SMELLIN' LIKE VICTORY!!!!!!!!!!!  Ha hA HA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

For today's motivational and instructional video, I wanted to throw in a little WCW (harder than you think to find good WCW matches). This is pretty dope though. As a tribute to Owen (who died the night before) These two amazing technicians executing excellently. Starts a little slow but neither man misses a beat and they put on a hell of a show.
>http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=czkduWgwl1o
Also, I'm planning on putting TBK in the Crippler Crossface at some point during our match-up. He'll be busy futilely tapping Johnny to about 20 yards and BAM!!!!! 

WATCH YOUR BACK TBK!!!!!

^^^Ha hA Ha!!!!!!!!  After Johnny busts his 3rd of fourth big run for a TD, I'm gonna give the 'HE'S FINISHED' signal, and procede to snatch up your skinny 140 pound soakin' wet frame, toss u up in the RAZOR'S EDGE Crusifix, and bounce you off the turf like David Little after Johnson popcorns' em'!!! .........and TRUST ME, I got the MACHISMO to do it!!!  NOBODY.....and I mean NOBODY messes wit the BAD GUY!!!

I love the concept of this Tourney...being able to walk away with more ca$h than a 1st place prize at Madison...Since running a Tecmo betting ring and blatant money transactions are ILLEGALL at a pub or bar, Manyo's under ground spot is PERFECT!!!  It's very Michael Vick, Pittbull fighting Ring-esque.....This whole thing reminds me of an old Gangsta flick where a bunch of Mobsters sitting around a buncha tables in a cigar smoke filled room, sippin Bourbon, placein bets, and talkin' shit.........and there will be plenty of that........except instead of chips, it'll be ca$h, and instead of poker or black jack, it'll be TECMO SUPERBOWL!!!!!!!!!!!! 

B.T.W. Manyo.........................If you ain't comfortable with havn' all these THUGGS at yo spot crashin' the joint, We can alwayz take this thang bacc to O'Blarney's........It's a Centrailia Saturday night, and I wouldn't mind seein' some dem CHIPSHOTS you were talkin' bout!!!

{p.s.  I'd even help you carry TV's back to yo truck after the Tourney...by then, I'll have the strength of 5 Johnny Johnsons'...cuzz I'll be off like 20 Mac & Jacks!!!............I'm sure O'Blarney's wouldn't mind the buesiness} 

yeah, not sure you understand the problems here......

look, there's more important things in life than tecmo, like my 2 kids and a roof over my head...... and it sucks that it's breaking out this way, but I have absolutely no time for a tournament next saturday..... can anyone else host it? for I have nothing to give right now.

yeah, not sure you understand the problems here......

look, there's more important things in life than tecmo, like my 2 kids and a roof over my head...... and it sucks that it's breaking out this way, but I have absolutely no time for a tournament next saturday..... can anyone else host it? for I have nothing to give right now.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!!!  Not AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!!  PAGING TED........PAGING TED..........could you PLEASE come to the front desk!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What's the best way to communicate to everyone, here?

I think it would be difficult to pull off but not impossible. I have a house. But it's a small(ish) house with 1 bathroom, no basketball court, no pool and a dog. I'm not even sure what the best way to move forward would be.

Is it even worth for the rest of you for me to put the work in? That's the real question here. I'm not going to try to throw something together unless other folks are on board here.

Thoughts?

I'm down. I've got a decent stock pile of tube TV's in my basement. Hosting at a bar would make more sense in some ways, and I might be able to swing the Magnolia Village Pub into the deal but it was / is a monumental pain in the ass to get all the gear down there. I have no truck or anything like that - so if that was what we wanted to pursue then I would need a ton of help.

Manyo - would you even travel up this way? Randy? Obviously, yours is the "marquee" match-up that was the inspiration behind it all.

Anyway - chime in here guys. What say you?

I didn't really make it clear by my house could be a possibility. I'd have to check with wifey obviously, but I think it's possible. It's just a question of space, how many folks would be interested, and the understanding that my house doesn't have the amenities of casa de Manyo.