Centralia, WA - 8/17/13 - Manyo's Mayhem! (Super Brawl I)

manYo

^^^When's our game of the day gonna happen Kamp???  I got Dallas's #.....It's 1-800-YOUJUSTGOTSTOMPEDBYJOHNSON

You and Johnny Johnson got a 0-2 record vs me and my 'Boys. And I'm ALWAYS down to play you just like we rolled after the championship.

>http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pTbTsTlQ9I8

PNWTC-2 FILM ROOM: Playoffs (Game S): Randy (GB) vs. SIrTed (NO)

Man, gotta give big ups to my boy Majik in this game, dude was straight wheelin' and dealin' THRU-OUT!  You could tell he was feeling GOOD, but then again, the Majik I've come to know in my tecmo travels is always....... "feeling good".......... IF YA KNA WHA MEAN!  Dunno, okay but the Dome Patrol for the Saints, dig the formless White Lotus style of defense SirTed brought to battle in this one, using anyone from Patrick Swilling to Toi Cook and everyone inbetween, Randy had no clue who he was going to MAN from play-to-play.... and it paid off for the Saints on at least one huge play in the 4Q, a failed RUN3 on 4th down.

When the Saints offensive starters were announced before the game, the RB everyone thought would come running out of the tunnel (Hilliard) didn't..... instead, out rolled a fire-breathing tank named Ironhead, intent on delivering un-zestfully clean destruction upon the waifish Packers defense (which he did, mostly: 14 carries for 90 yards).... Saints fans loved this move and ecstatically grabbed for their popcorn before the game.  But Bob "B-Button" Nelson, true American ninja that he is (Chuck Norris aint got nothing on Bob), he don't take no shit.  Bob Nelson, I repeat, he don't take no shit.  Check it out.

Well played game by both sides.  Saints had their chances, to be sure, but just made a few more mistakes (Morten wide left, big 3rd down sack, etc.) than the Pack........ now aint that Tecmo!

THIS.... is Game S of the PNWTC-2 playoffs bracket.

>http://www.twitch.tv/tecmomanyo/c/2632692

Man, gotta give big ups to my boy Majik in this game, dude was straight wheelin' and dealin' THRU-OUT!  You could tell he was feeling GOOD, but then again, the Majik I've come to know in my tecmo travels is always....... "feeling good".......... IF YA KNA WHA MEAN!  Dunno, okay but the Dome Patrol for the Saints, dig the formless White Lotus style of defense SirTed brought to battle in this one, using anyone from Patrick Swilling to Toi Cook and everyone inbetween, Randy had no clue who he was going to MAN from play-to-play.... and it paid off for the Saints on at least one huge play in the 4Q, a failed RUN3 on 4th down.

When the Saints offensive starters were announced before the game, the RB everyone thought would come running out of the tunnel (Hilliard) didn't..... instead, out rolled a fire-breathing tank named Ironhead, intent on delivering un-zestfully clean destruction upon the waifish Packers defense (which he did, mostly: 14 carries for 90 yards).... Saints fans loved this move and ecstatically grabbed for their popcorn before the game.  But Bob "B-Button" Nelson, true American ninja that he is (Chuck Norris aint got nothing on Bob), he don't take no shit.  Bob Nelson, I repeat, he don't take no shit.  Check it out.

Well played game by both sides.  Saints had their chances, to be sure, but just made a few more mistakes (Morten wide left, big 3rd down sack, etc.) than the Pack........ now aint that Tecmo!

Moving on, moving on. Nothing to see here folks...

Man, I gotta take lessons from Stu and TBK on how to hang with this guy. I think everyone knows I shoulda gone with Dalton in this game. He always seems to put the ball on the ground for me. But - IMO - the biggest thing that hurt me in this tourney is FG's. I made ONE all tourney long, and I missed two HUGE ones, including the one in this game, as you mentioned. I'll be practiced and ready when Mayhem comes around. Hopefully my psyche can recover as well.

What started as a great game turned into Ted's crusifiXtion!!!!!!!!!  Wow Ted.......talk about a game of missed opportunities...ya can't say Randy didn't give you every chance to win that one.  At times like that, I'll bet you wish you had a Johnny Johnson on your team to get the ball to............................................................To bad, ya didn't!!!!!!!!!!!  Ha hA Ha!!!!!!!!!!!!!   

PNWTC-2 FILM ROOM: Super Bowl (Game J): Randy (GB) vs. Kamphuna (ATL)

SUPER BOWL 2..... ATL receives the kick, and before the first play is snapped, a PAUSE..... is this the part where Kamphuna turned to Randy, smiled, and said Who ya daddy?...... then, giGGled?!?  Yes indeed, I heard it, and it's PNW lore now, cuz the next play, first play of the Super Bowl, Big Balls Kamp drops Husky legend Hugh Millen back to pass....... seeing B-Button Bob Nelson wandering the far ranges all by his lonesome, he drops further back, into the end zone........... and then, IT HAPPENED: as Husky legend Millen let one slip deep down the field, the heavens opened up, and a flash of lightning and sunshine burst onto the field as the tecmo gods smiled down upon Kamp and his BiGG Balls ("now THIS is how you open a motherfuckin' super bowl!")......  and so it was that a sweet tecmo wind guided that ball thru the air and far downfield into the upraised hands of the HIGH tecmo priest Bad Moon Rison, who snagged it violently out of the air, dropped to the ground as a peal of thunder buckled Bob's quivering knees, then slashed into the endzone for the opening score...... HOT DAMN, now that's what I'm talking about!!!!!  As O'Blarney's erupted in Mac N Jacks-inspired jubilation, I chanced to notice Kamp turn to Randy, calmly look into his fearful unbelieving eyes (for once, the gods were not with him), and say: eGGcelent.

THIS.... is Game J of the PNWTC-2 playoffs bracket.

>http://www.twitch.tv/tecmomanyo/c/2638823

Edited by manYo

PNWTC-2 FILM ROOM: Super Bowl (Game J): Randy (GB) vs. Kamphuna (ATL)

SUPER BOWL 2..... ATL receives the kick, and before the first play is snapped, a PAUSE..... is this the part where Kamphuna turned to Randy, smiled, and said Who ya daddy?...... then, giGGled?!?  Yes indeed, I heard it, and it's PNW lore now, cuz the next play, first play of the Super Bowl, Big Balls Kamp drops Husky legend Hugh Millen back to pass....... seeing B-Button Bob Nelson wandering the far ranges all by his lonesome, he drops further back, into the end zone........... and then, IT HAPPENED: as Husky legend Millen let one slip deep down the field, the heavens opened up, and a flash of lightning and sunshine burst onto the field as the tecmo gods smiled down upon Kamp and his BiGG Balls ("now THIS is how you open a motherfuckin' super bowl!")......  and so it was that a sweet tecmo wind guided that ball thru the air and far downfield into the upraised hands of the HIGH tecmo priest Bad Moon Rison, who snagged it violently out of the air, dropped to the ground as a peal of thunder buckled Bob's quivering knees, then slashed into the endzone for the opening score...... HOT DAMN, now that's what I'm talking about!!!!!  As O'Blarney's erupted in Mac N Jacks-inspired jubilation, I chanced to notice Kamp turn to Randy, calmly look into his fearful unbelieving eyes (for once, the gods were not with him), and say: eGGcelent.

THIS.... is Game J of the PNWTC-2 playoffs bracket.

>http://www.twitch.tv/tecmomanyo/c/2638823

Oh my God!!!  Kamp deserved to win that one...........why was Randy using a lineman to cover an elite reciever???????????  I don't care if it's Nelson or not.......I'll take that bet every time. 

HERSCHEL...HERSCHEL...HERSCHEL!!!  You guy's might be hearing more from this guy at the tourney...I'm lovin' me some Vikings right now....................There gonna be my official second go to.  Plus The Carter Boyz, how could you go wrong...You guys might be seein' somthin' like this...............

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nNqfhS7DBjc

Edited by ~Tailback King~

HERSCHEL...HERSCHEL...HERSCHEL!!!  You guy's might be hearing more from this guy at the tourney...I'm lovin' me some Vikings right now....................There gonna be my official second go to.  Plus The Carter Boyz, how could you go wrong...You guys might be seein' somthin' like this...............

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nNqfhS7DBjc

I hope so. I'd love to see you run any other team besides the Cards. Johnny might lift you up - but the rest of the Cards are holding you back. Lonnie balls out on D too I guess but you'll need a lot more than that come MAYHEM!!!!!!

Also - I've been working with my friend Ted Turner and WALRUS PROMOTIONS on a special surprise to promote the event and all together get the competitive juices flowing. Should see the light of day by weeks end.

WOW!!!!!!..........Ted Turner!!!  Tell him to bring some a dat WCW money for the first place ca$h prize.

I hope so. I'd love to see you run any other team besides the Cards. Johnny might lift you up - but the rest of the Cards are holding you back. Lonnie balls out on D too I guess but you'll need a lot more than that come MAYHEM!!!!!!

I can never sell out Johnny & The Cards.  That would be like selling a little piece of my soul...........I'v gone to far to turn back.....and I'm in to deep ta walk away. 

Where all ya'll Washintonians at???????????????  Did you guy's go on a bender off Mack & Jacks and Bourbon and all get arrested last night???  You know what they say..."If you drivin' down a one way, the right way, and someone's coming at you the wrong way, his licence plate more than likely reads WASHINGTON. 

I've been lurking man, checking in on the goings on over in the Midwest. Don't know the details but happy to see Randal the Scandal got name dropped in some fashion over in Ohio. I think we have all been playing it cool, trying to let those guys have their day in the sun but apparently they just can't keep the PNW out of their mouth ;)

All kidding aside - I'm waiting to see the final list before I unveil my special surprise for Manyo's Mayhem. Been doing a little practicing, FG's mostly. Mostly. Curious about this Polish Rifle character. Eric Piatkowski is the only true Polish Rifle. Hey, maybe it's really him...

I've been lurking man, checking in on the goings on over in the Midwest. Don't know the details but happy to see Randal the Scandal got name dropped in some fashion over in Ohio. I think we have all been playing it cool, trying to let those guys have their day in the sun but apparently they just can't keep the PNW out of their mouth ;)

All kidding aside - I'm waiting to see the final list before I unveil my special surprise for Manyo's Mayhem. Been doing a little practicing, FG's mostly. Mostly. Curious about this Polish Rifle character. Eric Piatkowski is the only true Polish Rifle. Hey, maybe it's really him...

Randy's mortal.....and not even the Northwest Champ anymore, Kampuna is.  So if anybody's gonna get there name dropped, it should be Kamp............Randy's a whole lot less scary after Johnson dropped 160 yards plus on him, and the Cards only lost by one point.....Randy's good against people who play into his game, (certain matchups).....but skilled, run happy tappers like me are a nightmare for him.  And I guarantee he doesn't wanna ever see me and the Cardinals again if he can help it...and that's a fact even he can't deny.

Okay this is a replication of the first post in this thread, which I just edited, but I thought I'd repost it here so more people might actually read it..... I'm also going to e-mail this out shortly, asking for confirmation of entry, feedback, etc.

I also want to add that there is an absolute hard limit of 10 people for this tournament, and as of right now there are only 9 people signed up.  All the info below basically assumes there will be 10 people, but if there's not, then the TIMES and the MONEY might be changed..... as in less time for the tourney, and less money to bring for the series wagers.  Right now, the tourney is scheduled to start at 10 am, and last no longer than 9 pm.  That's late, I know, but we will be starting on time, and I will try to keep things running smoothly, so that we can end as soon as possible...... but if your schedule, your train or bus, or whatever, will preclude you from committing to these time frames, then let me know and I will take your feedback into consideration....... but also know I'm pretty committed to a tourney in which everyone plays everyone else a 3-game series, and I only increased the tourney limit to 10 (from eight due to popular demand.

Jumping Jackass Productions presents.....

Manyo's Mayhem!

~~ Super Brawl I ~~
Centralia, WA -- August 17, 2013

WHAT -- The 1st annual Manyo's Mayhem!  We’ll be playing Tecmo Super Bowl on the NES.  This tournament will consist of no more than 10 Players and 9 Rounds.  Each Round will match 2 Players against each other in a best-of-3 series.  Therefore, each player will play each other player in a best-of-3 series in this tournament.  Players will earn Tecmo Points based on winning (total wins, series sweeps) and their performance in games (shutouts / blowouts).  The player with the most Tecmo Points after the last round will be considered the Tournament Champion.  The Tecmo Points will also be used to create an initial set of PNW Tecmo Player Rankings, #1-10, which will be adjusted based on performance in future PNW tournaments.

WHEN -- Saturday, August 17, with tournament scheduled to start at 10:00 AM and end before 9:00 PM (ending time will be adjusted back if there are less than 10 players).

Players will be given roughly one hour to complete each Round.  There will be a 45-minute break for lunch at 1:00, and another 45-minute break for dinner around 5:45.  You might also earn a break if you sweep (or get swept in) a series.

WHERE -- Centralia, WA.  Private residence.  Address will be e-mailed out before the tournament, but it is about a 10-minute drive from I-5 (easy directions).  There will be plenty of room to pitch a tent, and players are invited to camp Friday and/or Saturday nights if they wish.  There is also a pool, a basketball court, and other sporting possibilities, so plan accordingly.  Transportation to and from the bus stop or train depot can be provided, just let me know.

For food, you can bring your own, order pizza delivered to the tournament site, or a few blocks away there is a small grocery store and also a killer burger joint that slow-cooks BBQ and whatnot (pulled-pork sandwiches, etc.).  The usual fast food places are about 10 minutes away as well, near the freeway.

For beer, you can bring your own, or some of us have discussed acquiring a pony keg of Mac N' Jack's..... I will research that possibility and price and get back to you on that.  If you know of where to get one, let me know, and I can help round up the money.

WHO -- This very special tournament will be hard-limited to the first 10 players to register.  Beyond that, registrants will be placed on a waiting list in the order they are received.

$$$ -- Each player is expected to bring at least $5 to wager on each series they will play in the tournament.  So, if there are 10 people in the tournament, you are expected to bring at least $45 (please try to bring $5 bills).  After each series, the loser pays the winner $5 cash.  Players can, of course, wager more than $5 on each series if there is mutual agreement beforehand.

Also, there will be an optional Tecmo Lotto at this tournament, which will run at least 10 times during the day.  For the Tecmo Lotto, each participant pays $1, then randomly draws one Tecmo team out of a hat (maximum 2 teams purchased each lotto).  During each round of tournament play, a season will be skipped on a side TV, and whoever holds the team that wins the Super Bowl in the skipped season, wins the lotto pot.  If no one holds the Super Bowl winner, then the pot carries over to the next round's lotto.

As noted above, you might need money for food and/or drink as well.

PRIZES -- See the wagering system above.  There might be a little something for the champion as well, not sure what yet..... something fitting MANYO'S MAYHEM, perhaps?

HOW TO REGISTER:  Register here.

FORMAT:

• Each player will play a best-of-3 series against each other player. 
  • The order in which players will be matched up will be determined and posted before the tournament.  This schedule will be influenced by factors such as rivalries and which games/series look to be the best candidates for recording; one goal is to get at least one game or series recorded for each player.  Manyo and Randy's series will take place in the last round, and even though we will play best-of-7, we will only use the first 2 or 3 games ( a mini best-of-3) for the tournament scoring system.
  • 1 Tecmo Point is earned for each game victory.  If a player sweeps a series, they earn a bonus 1 Tecmo Point as well.  So, if a player sweeps a series, they would earn 3 Tecmo Points in total.
  • An additional 0.5 Tecmo Points are awarded for either a "shutout" or "blowout" victory.  A "shutout" means holding your opponent scoreless for an entire game, and a "blowout" means achieving a lead of 28 or more points at any point in the 2nd half  (at which point the game is over and you can stop playing).
  • Tecmo Points will be calculated and posted after each round for all to see.  The player with the most Tecmo Points in the end is the Tournament Champion.

MATCH-UPS / TEAM SELECTION:

1.   Match-ups/Team Selection: Players may mutually agree on the matchup before each 3-game series, so long as both of the chosen teams are within the same tiered Group (see Groups HERE or see below).  Once a team is chosen, players must stay with that team for the remainder of the 3-game series.  Players will then roll for controller-side.  IF PLAYERS CANNOT AGREE ON THE TEAMS, then the following process will take place:

• Before the tournament, each player ranks their teams within each of the 4 Groups, from best to worst, and submits these lists to the tournament director (he will submit his personal list to Randy before he receives any from other players).  
  • Once two players meet to play a 3-game series, they first each roll a die for highest number.  The person with the highest number has a choice: Group or Controller-Side...... 
    ---Choosing Group means he will choose which group of teams the two players will draw their teams from (see GROUPS), and then the players compare their respective rankings for that Group: the first difference between their rankings is the matchup for that series.  The player other than the one that chose the Group gets to choose controller-side.
    ---Choosing Controller-Side means exactly that, and then the other player chooses the Group, etc., same procedure as above.
  • If it turns out that two players have the exact same team rankings within the first chosen Group, then the other player chooses the next Group to examine, and so on, back and forth if necessary, until a matchup is identified.  Once a matchup is identified, the person other than the person that chose that Group chooses controller-side.  If it ends up that both players had the EXACT SAME rankings for all teams in all groups, then they will roll the die and choose their teams Madison-style (see director for more info if necessary on that).
  • Players alternate controller-side each game of the series.

949f0fe9-b26e-44c3-9d88-d610724d06de_zps

For more details and a complete list of rules and procedures, visit.....

pnwtecmo.com

If you can't make it on Game Day, then follow all the action at PNW LIVE!

REGISTRATION LIST

1. Manyo
  2. BoogieWithStu
  3. Joe
  4. SIrTed
  5. Da Professor
  6. Kamphuna
  7. Tailback King
  8. Chalky White
  9. Randy the Dandy
  10. ???
Edited by manYo

Wife will not be happy that it is an all day affair ( I kind of used up my "tecmo time allowance" at the last go round after party ) but I'll be there. I'm willing to pitch in for a keg of Mac n Jacks.