Centralia, WA - 8/17/13 - Manyo's Mayhem! (Super Brawl I)

manYo

REGISTRATION LIST

1. Manyo
  2. BoogieWithStu
  3. Joe
  4. SIrTed
  5. Da Professor
  6. Kamphuna
  7. Tailback King
  8. Chalky White

That's it so far.  No word from Randy..... wouldn't be surprised if he weasels out of it now.  Not at all, actually.

This list is also on the first post and will be updated as registrations are received.

So for the Tecmo Points, this is a quick first draft, give some feedback if you like:

WIN = 1 point

TIE = 0.5 points

SERIES SWEEP = 1 point

SKUNK (shutout opponent) = 0.5 points

BLOWOUT (28+ differential victory) = 0.5 points

If points are tied in the end, head-to-head is applied as in who won the series between those dudes.  If it was a 3-way or more tie..... well, I'll make a few more steps of tie-breakers before the tourney, but probably involving total series wins, winning percentage, and/or total point differential.

Okay, for entry fees, I was actually thinking instead what we do is everyone puts a minimum of $5 down on each series (or MORE if you and your opponent agree to do so!)..... so, if there's 8 people coming, you would play 7 series total, so bring $35...... if 10 people, that's 9 series, bring $45...... maybe that's too steep though, not sure, but hopefully no one will lose every series, right?  At least you'd have some motivation to avoid that now, for sure.  Bascially, bring a bunch of $5 dolla billz!  Also, on the side, I will have a TECMO LOTTO of sorts...... this is something me and my friends would do a lot at the party spot back in the day..... we'd put some money down, draw for teams, then skip a season...... whoever won the season, won all the money........ so might be something like $1 or $2 per team, if yr interested..... then we can skip a season during each round and winner gets the cash.  If no one wins, it carries over to the next round.  So bring some $1 bills as well!

Sometime before August 1st, I will send an e-mail out and ask for some money for drink and food, due by August 5th..... for food, we could either get barbecue foods, pizza, other party foods, whatever, I would solicit your opinions on all that stuff later...... and for drink, a pony keg of fine beer, of course Mac N Jacks if I can find it for sale, maybe some orange soda for randy if he shows up......... I can detail where all this money goes later on............ and if you wish to decline either the food or drink social fund, that's fine, but I will expect something in the form of money sent for either food/drink or entry fee by August 5th, in order to show your commitment to this tournament.

Edited by manYo

Also, this spot has nearly an acre of field to pitch a tent in, and I got a LOT of extra tents, enough for a small army really, altho no guarantee some of them don't have holes in them, haha, so I can provide those if necessary......... also there is a basketball court, a pool, a pickleball court is available (neighbor is cool for us to use it), which is fun to play while drinking in the sun..... and room enough for some football throwin' as well, maybe some 40 yard dashes too (I accept all challenges!) !!!

So all that is available, and as noted earlier, anyone is free to camp Friday or Saturday nights if it helps you out......... if there are 10 players in this tournament, I would like to extend the hours of play a BIT, cuz I really would like to have everyone play everyone in a 3-game series..... so let me know if your train tickets or other schedule conflicts restrict you to a certain time frame on tournament day so that I can plan accordingly.  I will ask for that information via e-mail by August 1st, so if you could have a clear idea by then I would appreciate it.  Mahalo.

Here are my grades for that game vs. kamphuna above:

MENTAL: B

I picked a lot of his plays, which bumps this up.  But my own playbook did not properly factor in the potential pwnage of Mark "Bitch" Stepnoski by Gerald "G-Dub" Williams, which was evident throughout the game.  A few other mental mistakes, but not too bad for me.

PHYSICAL: D

D-pad snap was pretty bad.  Passing was absolutely horrible, even for me.

SPIRITUAL: F-

Just can't get it up using the Cowboys..... might be America's team, but aint manyo's.  Emmitt "Footloose" Smith is the least exciting 56 ms RB in the game for me... rather have johnny johnson than that putz, which is really sayin' sumpin'.  :o

Kamp, you can have the so-called "Boys" in our 3-game series @ Mayhem...... I'll stomp 'em down with the J-E-T-S!

The real reason I didn't show to the last one is that my sensei said I was too brash and not ready. He said I was playing from my gut and not from my mind. My training was not complete. I will make it this time. Unless I go camping or there's a concert or something.

Gripsmoke......you sign up yet??????????????????????  It's ok to be scared......corralling Johnny Johnson for 20 Tecmo minutes is a bitch!!!

PNWTC-2 FILM ROOM: Playoffs (Game N): Randy (RAM) vs. Tailback King (MIN)

You ever played the "WHAT IF --- ?" Game?  Well, TBK sure gonna play it soon, and be doing some soul-searching as well, after re-watching this difficult defeat vs. the Randalous, in which any number of small things could have come up TBK to flip the outcome.  But hey, that's tecmo, as we all know well, and the best players are those capable of rendering the whimsical tecmo gods obsolete.  Ya either get it done, or you DON'T, right?

So, the real questions are: How much room for growth is there in Randy's game?  This game began a gauntlet of 4 difficult loser-out games for Randy, all of them more-or-less narrow victories in which any number of breaks could have spun against him..... but they didn't, and in fact he got some good ones as we'll see.  Randy's style is plain to see: it's calculated, it's a machination, he's been playing for a long time and he's got some style, true, BUT..... his weakness is his arrogance, and arrogance is the enemy of the creative tecmo imagination, so I just don't see Randy's game elevating any further than it is right now, I think he's at his ceiling.  So the bigger question is, for how much longer will that be the ceiling for the entire PNW Tecmo Land?

Now TBK, on the other hand... this kid is raw potential.  He has some of the physical attributes, such as tapping and d-pad snap, as well as some great tecmo spirit to blow that ceiling wide open like he was Mt. St. Helens.  His questions are, when will his passing game take the next step and give his offenses more of a dual threat?  He had some good strikes in this game, but also some key misses which would have made the difference.  And will he learn how to diversify his defensive game, so that he doesn't feel forced to take DB3 Fullington like he did in this game a few times?  There are other options and techniques that could have been used there with the Minny D.

Can't wait to find out at......... MANYO'S MAYHEM!!!

This is Game N of the PNWTC-2 playoffs bracket.

>http://www.twitch.tv/tecmomanyo/c/2615356

Edited by manYo

REGISTRATION LIST

1. Manyo

BoogieWithStu

Joe

SIrTed

Da Professor

Kamphuna

Tailback King

Chalky White

That's it so far.  No word from Randy..... wouldn't be surprised if he weasels out of it now.  Not at all, actually.

This list is also on the first post and will be updated as registrations are received.

Good list..................of victims.

Probably in.  Looking for work and finishing my Master's... just super busy right now.  The Polish Rifle is on the mainland so I'll see if he wants to come.

Well we have 8 people signed up currently, and I'm not expanding beyond 10, SO..... go ahead and register on pwntecmo.com if you want it.  And if you do plan on coming, your feedback on the format is requested.

You ever played the "WHAT IF --- ?" Game?  Well, TBK sure gonna play it soon, and be doing some soul-searching as well, after re-watching this difficult defeat vs. the Randalous, in which any number of small things could have come up TBK to flip the outcome.  But hey, that's tecmo, as we all know well, and the best players are those capable of rendering the whimsical tecmo gods obsolete.  Ya either get it done, or you DON'T, right?

So, the real questions are: How much room for growth is there in Randy's game?  This game began a gauntlet of 4 difficult loser-out games for Randy, all of them more-or-less narrow victories in which any number of breaks could have spun against him..... but they didn't, and in fact he got some good ones as we'll see.  Randy's style is plain to see: it's calculated, it's a machination, he's been playing for a long time and he's got some style, true, BUT..... his weakness is his arrogance, and arrogance is the enemy of the creative tecmo imagination, so I just don't see Randy's game elevating any further than it is right now, I think he's at his ceiling.  So the bigger question is, for how much longer will that be the ceiling for the entire PNW Tecmo Land?

Now TBK, on the other hand... this kid is raw potential.  He has some of the physical attributes, such as tapping and d-pad snap, as well as some great tecmo spirit to blow that ceiling wide open like he was Mt. St. Helens.  His questions are, when will his passing game take the next step and give his offenses more of a dual threat?  He had some good strikes in this game, but also some key misses which would have made the difference.  And will he learn how to diversify his defensive game, so that he doesn't feel forced to take DB3 Fullington like he did in this game a few times?  There are other options and techniques that could have been used there with the Minny D.

You know how this game woulda' turned out differently???  If I got PHOENIX!!!  Randy didn't want none...and either did anybody else...but at MANYO'S MAYHEM, things will be different!!!

Also, I wanted to add that if Randy does find the yarbles to sign up for this thing, me and him would be playing a 7-game series in the very last round........ but for the overall tourney's Tecmo Points, we would only apply the first 2 or 3 games.

What a great promo!!!

For better or worse, TBK's passing game will go as far as Tim Rosenbauch's arm will carry them. TIM ROSENBAUCH!!!! Can we get a hack of the game with Johnny on a team with a decent QB?

Edited by SirTed

^^^Then it wouldn't be fair to the rest of you..................on that note, I'd even be happy with a sh!tty QB and the Redskins line........but that's not possible in the 1990 Tecmo Superbowl, so I'll just have to rely on magic of Johnny Johnson... that's the way thing really were for the Cards in 90, and that's OK with me.

Edited by ~Tailback King~

FRUSTERATING.  That's the only word I can use to describe that game...it was even worse when I had to re-live it.  I'm not making excuses, but Randy knows DEEP DOWN in his heart, if I had my choice of teams...(and ya'll know who I'm talkin' bout)...he woulda' LOST.  I LOVE me some Herschel Walker...Infact, I think he's one of the most versitile and dangerous weapons in the game...(He makes my TOP 10 list).........................BUT.......................If Johnny got the ball, three or four of those 10 yard first down runs that Herschel had woulda' been taken to the HOUSE.  Then the game woulda' turned out a hell of a lot different than it did.....and that's a FACT.  

PNWTC-2 FILM ROOM: Playoffs (Game H): Manyo (DAL) vs. Kamphuna (PIT)

Championships be DAMNED..... if ya gotta sell yr soul to get there!!!  You know what I'm talking 'bout here, Craig.......  ;-)  (Game H of the playoffs bracket.)

>http://www.twitch.tv/tecmomanyo/c/2610069

no more soul to sell after this one

PNWTC-2 FILM ROOM: Playoffs (Game P): Randy (DET) vs. Manyo (CIN)

BEWARNED: All those squeamish of heart or stomach, this is no film for you.  Pressing play on this vid may result in a hopeless and preternatural feeling of terror becoming embedded in your spine, as you witness the violent slashings of B. Sanders and D. Fulcher engaging in a pitched and savage battle upon the tecmo gridiron.  Continuing to watch this film may also result in the fundamental disillusionment of your soul, and a loss of faith in such illusory notions as justice, karma, and objective reality, as you witness the unfathomable fortune of such savory characters as Kevin Glover and Robert Clark.  THIS.... is Game P of the PNWTC-2 playoffs bracket.

>http://www.twitch.tv/tecmomanyo/c/2621286

Edited by manYo

PNWTC-2 FILM ROOM: Playoffs (Game P): Randy (DET) vs. Manyo (CIN)

BEWARNED: All those squeamish of heart or stomach, this is no film for you.  Pressing play on this vid may result in a hopeless and preternatural feeling of terror becoming embedded in your spine, as you witness the violent slashings of B. Sanders and D. Fulcher engaging in a pitched and savage battle upon the tecmo gridiron.  Continuing to watch this film may also result in the fundamental disillusionment of your soul, and a loss of faith in such illusory notions as justice, karma, and objective reality, as you witness the unfathomable fortune of such savory characters as Kevin Glover and Robert Clark.  THIS.... is Game P of the PNWTC-2 playoffs bracket.

>http://www.twitch.tv/tecmomanyo/c/2621286

Another great write up!

Great game by both players. Crazy how this game came down to a few breaks here and there. Obviously, the fumble recovery TD was HUGE but Randy had a couple plays go against him as well. Manyo, your redzone D on that first drive was amazing. Randy, as always your efficiency with the offense was near perfect. 

Something I thought was interesting - both players had at least one run that could and maybe should have been a big pop or a TD cut short because of tippy toes on the sideline!

I can't wait to see this series play out at Mayhem!!

no more soul to sell after this one

OUCH KAMP!!!!!  Manyo cleaned your clock, then did a lil' dance at the end just to rub it in!!!!!!!  Manyo...you should have punched it in with Gerald Wilkins at the end.......................................jus ta drive the steak DEEPER!!!!!!!!  Ha hA Ha!!!!!!!!

OUCH KAMP!!!!!  Manyo cleaned your clock, then did a lil' dance at the end just to rub it in!!!!!!!  Manyo...you should have punched it in with Gerald Wilkins at the end.......................................jus ta drive the steak DEEPER!!!!!!!!  Ha hA Ha!!!!!!!!

When did he clean my clock?