Centralia, WA - 8/17/13 - Manyo's Mayhem! (Super Brawl I)

manYo

Jumping Jackass Productions presents.....

Manyo's Mayhem!

~~ Super Brawl I ~~
Centralia, WA -- August 17, 2013

WHAT -- The 1st annual Manyo's Mayhem!  We’ll be playing Tecmo Super Bowl on the NES.  This tournament will consist of no more than 10 Players and 9 Rounds.  Each Round will match 2 Players against each other in a best-of-3 series.  Therefore, each player will play each other player in a best-of-3 series in this tournament.  Players will earn Tecmo Points based on winning (total wins, series sweeps) and their performance in games (shutouts / blowouts).  The player with the most Tecmo Points after the last round will be considered the Tournament Champion.  The Tecmo Points will also be used to create an initial set of PNW Tecmo Player Rankings, #1-10, which will be adjusted based on performance in future PNW tournaments.

WHEN -- Saturday, August 17, with tournament scheduled to start at 10:00 AM and end before 9:00 PM (ending time will be adjusted back if there are less than 10 players).

Players will be given roughly one hour to complete each Round.  There will be a 45-minute break for lunch at 1:00, and another 45-minute break for dinner around 5:45.  You might also earn a break if you sweep (or get swept in) a series.

WHERE -- Centralia, WA.  Private residence.  Address will be e-mailed out before the tournament, but it is about a 10-minute drive from I-5 (easy directions).  There will be plenty of room to pitch a tent, and players are invited to camp Friday and/or Saturday nights if they wish.  There is also a pool, a basketball court, and other sporting possibilities, so plan accordingly.  Transportation to and from the bus stop or train depot can be provided, just let me know.

For food, you can bring your own, order pizza delivered to the tournament site, or a few blocks away there is a small grocery store and also a killer burger joint that slow-cooks BBQ and whatnot (pulled-pork sandwiches, etc.).  The usual fast food places are about 10 minutes away as well, near the freeway.

For beer, you can bring your own, or some of us have discussed acquiring a pony keg of Mac N' Jack's..... I will research that possibility and price and get back to you on that.  If you know of where to get one, let me know, and I can help round up the money.

WHO -- This very special tournament will be hard-limited to the first 10 players to register.  Beyond that, registrants will be placed on a waiting list in the order they are received.

$$$ -- Each player is expected to bring at least $5 to wager on each series they will play in the tournament.  So, if there are 10 people in the tournament, you are expected to bring at least $45 (please try to bring $5 bills).  After each series, the loser pays the winner $5 cash.  Players can, of course, wager more than $5 on each series if there is mutual agreement beforehand.

Also, there will be an optional Tecmo Lotto at this tournament, which will run at least 10 times during the day.  For the Tecmo Lotto, each participant pays $1, then randomly draws one Tecmo team out of a hat (maximum 2 teams purchased each lotto).  During each round of tournament play, a season will be skipped on a side TV, and whoever holds the team that wins the Super Bowl in the skipped season, wins the lotto pot.  If no one holds the Super Bowl winner, then the pot carries over to the next round's lotto.

As noted above, you might need money for food and/or drink as well.

PRIZES -- See the wagering system above.  There might be a little something for the champion as well, not sure what yet..... something fitting MANYO'S MAYHEM, perhaps?

HOW TO REGISTER:  Register here.

FORMAT:

• Each player will play a best-of-3 series against each other player. 
  • The order in which players will be matched up will be determined and posted before the tournament.  This schedule will be influenced by factors such as rivalries and which games/series look to be the best candidates for recording; one goal is to get at least one game or series recorded for each player.  Manyo and Randy's series will take place in the last round, and even though we will play best-of-7, we will only use the first 2 or 3 games ( a mini best-of-3) for the tournament scoring system.
  • 1 Tecmo Point is earned for each game victory.  If a player sweeps a series, they earn a bonus 1 Tecmo Point as well.  So, if a player sweeps a series, they would earn 3 Tecmo Points in total.
  • An additional 0.5 Tecmo Points are awarded for either a "shutout" or "blowout" victory.  A "shutout" means holding your opponent scoreless for an entire game, and a "blowout" means achieving a lead of 28 or more points at any point in the 2nd half  (at which point the game is over and you can stop playing).
  • Tecmo Points will be calculated and posted after each round for all to see.  The player with the most Tecmo Points in the end is the Tournament Champion.

MATCH-UPS / TEAM SELECTION:

1.   Match-ups/Team Selection: Players may mutually agree on the matchup before each 3-game series, so long as both of the chosen teams are within the same tiered Group (see Groups HERE or see below).  Once a team is chosen, players must stay with that team for the remainder of the 3-game series.  Players will then roll for controller-side.  IF PLAYERS CANNOT AGREE ON THE TEAMS, then the following process will take place:

• Before the tournament, each player ranks their teams within each of the 4 Groups, from best to worst, and submits these lists to the tournament director (he will submit his personal list to Randy before he receives any from other players).  
  • Once two players meet to play a 3-game series, they first each roll a die for highest number.  The person with the highest number has a choice: Group or Controller-Side...... 
    ---Choosing Group means he will choose which group of teams the two players will draw their teams from (see GROUPS), and then the players compare their respective rankings for that Group: the first difference between their rankings is the matchup for that series.  The player other than the one that chose the Group gets to choose controller-side.
    ---Choosing Controller-Side means exactly that, and then the other player chooses the Group, etc., same procedure as above.
  • If it turns out that two players have the exact same team rankings within the first chosen Group, then the other player chooses the next Group to examine, and so on, back and forth if necessary, until a matchup is identified.  Once a matchup is identified, the person other than the person that chose that Group chooses controller-side.  If it ends up that both players had the EXACT SAME rankings for all teams in all groups, then they will roll the die and choose their teams Madison-style (see director for more info if necessary on that).
  • Players alternate controller-side each game of the series.

949f0fe9-b26e-44c3-9d88-d610724d06de_zps

For more details and a complete list of rules and procedures, visit.....

pnwtecmo.com

If you can't make it on Game Day, then follow all the action at PNW LIVE!

REGISTRATION LIST

1. Manyo
  2. BoogieWithStu
  3. Joe
  4. SIrTed
  5. Da Professor
  6. Kamphuna
  7. Tailback King
  8. Chalky White
  9. Randy the Dandy
  10. ???
Edited by manYo

That's what I got right now fellas..... more details will be rolled out soon enough, and changes might be made.  Feel free to register now, as directed above..... tourney is limited to 8, and I will send something out to the PNW Mailing List this weekend, so active forum members got first shot!

Edited by manYo

...............continued from the other thread................Manyo, I don't even think the name Johnny Hector will make the end of the game stats sheet!!!  HahA Ha!!!  The Tecmo Newzpaper will read:  "There was only room for ONE Johnny in this town...and he wasn't wearing green tights!!!" 

What I'm loving about this right now is how important the RANKINGS will be. If you're not careful, a slip up in rankings could lead to some fateful match-ups. I know the Main Event up is already determined (as is the undercard - PHX v. PIT) but hopefully it comes down to the rankings more than a few times. I might just have to be difficult with you assholes so as to force it on you ;)

Jumping Jackass Productions presents.....

Manyo's Mayhem!

~~ Super Brawl I ~~

Centralia, WA -- August 17, 2013

WHAT -- The 1st annual Manyo's Mayhem!  We’ll be playing Tecmo Super Bowl on the NES.

WHEN -- Saturday, August 17, with tournament scheduled to start at 10:00 AM and end around 6:00 PM.

WHERE -- Centralia, WA.  Private Residence.  Address will be e-mailed out upon receipt of registration and entry fee (due August 5th).

There will be a place to pitch a tent, and players are invited to camp Friday and/or Saturday nights if they wish.  There is also a pool, a basketball court, and other sporting possibilities, so plan accordingly.  MORE INFO TO COME.

Lunch and dinner are TBD, but we will take a one-hour break for some BBQ or other foods.  MORE INFO TO COME.

WHO -- This very special tournament will be limited to the first 8 players to register.  Beyond that, registrants will be placed on a waiting list in the order they are received.  Entry fees must be received by August 5 to guarantee entry (MORE INFO TO COME). 

$$$ -- TBD

PRIZES -- TBD

HOW TO REGISTER:  Register here.

If you can't make it on Game Day, then follow all the action right here at PNW LIVE!

FORMAT:

• All players will play a 3-game series against each other player.  There will be a one hour break for lunch/activities.
  • Players will earn Tecmo Points based on their performance in each game and series.  The player with the most Tecmo Points at the end of the tournament will be considered the champion.  (MORE INFO TO COME ON THE TECMO POINTS.)

MATCH-UPS / TEAM SELECTION:

1.   Match-ups/Team Selection: Players may mutually agree on the matchup before each 3-game series, so long as both of the chosen teams are within the same tiered Group (see Groups HERE or see below).  Once a team is chosen, players must stay with that team for the remainder of the 3-game series.  Players will then roll for controller-side.  IF PLAYERS CANNOT AGREE ON THE TEAMS, then the following process will take place:

• Before the tournament, each player ranks their teams within each of the 4 Groups, from best to worst, and submits these lists to the tournament director (he will submit his list to Randy before he receives any from other players).  
  • Once two players meet to play a 3-game series, they first each roll a die for highest number.  The person with the highest number has a choice: Group or Controller-Side...... 

---Choosing Group means he will choose which group of teams the two players will draw their teams from (see GROUPS), and then the players compare their respective rankings for that Group: the first difference between their rankings is the matchup for that series.  The player other than the one that chose the Group gets to choose controller-side.

---Choosing Controller-Side means exactly that, and then the other player chooses the Group, etc., same procedure as above.

• If it turns out that two players have the exact same team rankings within the first chosen Group, then the other player chooses the next Group to examine, and so on, back and forth if necessary, until a matchup is identified.  Once a matchup is identified, the person other than the person that chose that Group chooses controller-side.  If it ends up that both players had the EXACT SAME rankings for all teams in all groups, then they will roll the die and choose their teams Madison-style (see director for more info if necessary on that).

949f0fe9-b26e-44c3-9d88-d610724d06de_zps

For more details and a complete list of rules and procedures, visit.....

pnwtecmo.com

Many, can you send this to my E~Mail so I can forward it to Chalky???

It's gonna be an ELITE 8???  You sure you don't wanna make it TEN???  Why even have a cap???  I just hope Gripsmoke makes it.......I wanna beat him for the "BEST IN P~TOWN TITLE"......all though he was a NO-SHOW last time.....If I beat him at this one, he'll probably never show up again.

It's gonna be an ELITE 8???  You sure you don't wanna make it TEN???  Why even have a cap???  I just hope Gripsmoke makes it.......I wanna beat him for the "BEST IN P~TOWN TITLE"......all though he was a NO-SHOW last time.....If I beat him at this one, he'll probably never show up again.

The real reason I didn't show to the last one is that my sensei said I was too brash and not ready. He said I was playing from my gut and not from my mind. My training was not complete. I will make it this time. Unless I go camping or there's a concert or something.

let me know what time the trains are coming in and out guys, if anyone goes that route...... I can pick you up, or have someone pick you up at the station, and dropped off, np...... and I can try to accomodate those train schedules within the tourney format, but one of the great things about this tourney is I'll have everything set up the day before, if not a few days before the tourney, so there should be no reason we don't start on time for once.

again, lot more details swimming in my head, and I will attend to those and put them out here next chance I get........ until then, feedback, criticism, suggestions, whatever you wanna call it, are freely welcomed.

sweet tecmo jesus! already got 9 sign-ups fly right in! so okay 10 at least for sure, but anymore than that go on the waiting list and we'll see how long that gets before I decide to expand further.

Ha hA Ha!!!!!!!!  The Tecmo NORTHWEST is COMIN' UP BOYEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!

The real reason I didn't show to the last one is that my sensei said I was too brash and not ready. He said I was playing from my gut and not from my mind. My training was not complete. I will make it this time. Unless I go camping or there's a concert or something.

Sheeeeyate.......I alwayz play from my gut or heart, and not my mind............................That's probably why I alwayz picc fu**!n Phoenix.  Oh well...................C~ya there.  BTW, Mac & Jacks is a GREAT beer!!!  One of the best I ever had (seriously).......and I had like 10 at the last Tourney to prove it ;)

I'm registered!?

Hey Professor.......I just heard from the grapevine that Johnny Johnson said "Anything Flipper does, he can do better.....even CATCH!!!"................WOW!!!  That sounds like a challenge to me.  Then he continued and said in an interview "It takes one Flipper & an Ellard to equal only half the skill & God givin talent that I have!!!  DOUBLE WOW!!!!!!!!  Sounds like this Cards Rams thing could get UGLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Any word from our 9th man? Or even a 10th?

Also - let's hear about Tecmo Points!!!

Oh..........you mean the points that Johnny & the Cards are gonna rack up against you because we found a chink in the armor of the Steel Curtain defense???  You'll see those points first hand..........I just feel sorry for David 'Cleat Mark' Little.  That's gonna be his new nickname after the game because he's gonna have size 13 footprints all over the front of his jerzey.

Oh..........you mean the points that Johnny & the Cards are gonna rack up against you because we found a chink in the armor of the Steel Curtain defense???  You'll see those points first hand..........I just feel sorry for David 'Cleat Mark' Little.  That's gonna be his new nickname after the game because he's gonna have size 13 footprints all over the front of his jerzey.

I love this.

Any word from our 9th man? Or even a 10th?

Also - let's hear about Tecmo Points!!!

away from the cpu that has access to the sign-ups for a few days..... will check soon tho when i return, and accept them in the order they are received...... so keep on sendin them in !!!

Tecmo Points? haha, not sure yet, tbh, but you know points for wins, of course, and bonus points for sweeping a series..... MAYBE bonus points for something like point diff, not sure yet..... I might play around with some more complex formulas as well..... I'd put some bonus points in for tecmo style, but that would be unfairly stacking the deck in my favor, y'all might as well not show up !!!

So here's the lowdown: Tourney format gonna flex a bit over next week or two once I get a better grip on the numbers attending...... sign-ups will close out by August 1st, and at that time the format and procedures will be solid.... at that time, I will send an e-mail out to everyone who signed up, and will expect final confirmation of their attendance, including a few bucks for food/drink and/or entry fee at that time...... deadline for all that being August 5th, at which point I'll start going down the waiting list. Then, a few more tecmo-tense weeks of mental/physical/spiritual preparation for the sheer madness you are sure to do battle with at (wait for it).............. MANYO'S MAYHEM !!!!!