Ken griffey jr winning run no love??

gamingtrucker1

• 5 months later...
  • 5 months later...

I love the game in fact I made a spreadsheet that shows the attributes of each offensive player (no pitching stats yet) I did that by looking at the game coding in hexecute so I could see the true value and not just have a visual.  I would show it but i don't use Microsoft so it doesn't work as an attachment I can e-mail it to anyone who wants it.  I think the first Griffey game is the best because the computer is so much tougher no eazy squeezes and they won't tolerate bad base running and the fact that you can hit a home run without having to press down is nice plus the option to change player names to their actual real life counter part.  However Winning Run always has a special place for me as it is the first Baseball Game i ever owned.

I played it for over 2 years not knowing that pressing down was the secret to hit home runs.  I had 5 home runs total not including inside the park home runs which were far easier to get by hitting a gapper and having a running from 1st nail the catcher.  Another highlight was using the knuckleballers Knuckles McGee, Duke Horsman , Will HIll, Keith Decker, and Mitch Malone.  If you have yet to see the knuckle ball in this game you have to watch how crazy it is.  The speed players are awesome and bunting and stealing (which was the last thing i learned to do and previously thought was impossible) is key.  I will always bunt if i have a runner on 2nd or 3rd with no outs or a runner or 3rd with 2 outs. I got to be so good at the game on defense that I was in fact better than auto-defense.  If you time the dive right you can catch a ball in the stands.  Also against the computer only pick off runners if you have 2 outs and try to time it right where the guy advances just as you throw it over.  The reason being that the runners are so stupid you can often double them up on a infield catch.  

One thing I don't like is that only some real life players have a fake counterpart like in the first one.  Many players are just pure fictional.