joeygats

So WTF rebooted finally but in secrete?

So... I figured this out the other day, can someone PM the rules to me? I truly sad that I'm missed out on the beginning of this league.

Have fun fellas, I'm back in the states for a couple more weeks, then back to Korea until January.

Why are you going back to Korea?

This would definitely be good entertainment value.... I will supply the first round next year at madison.

Getting Lou hammered is awesome because he starts to root against Mort!  "I'M THE JETS, LOUIS!!!"

This would definitely be good entertainment value.... I will supply the first round next year at madison.

segasummit.jpg

A picture of the historic Segathon Summit, in which the official charter was composed.   Was the birth of such great rules like B.A.C. levels, making segathon an event that is 50% skill, 50% alcohol endurance.

So I don't really to get into this drama... but I will add my two sense. I've been playing off and on tecmo online for over 3 years. I stopped playing online because I couldn't get into a league. And most of these long running ones probably have the same core people years later. Its great that TRL and WRL exist to get newer players involved in the game. 

Now with all the leagues its great for people to get more involved and continue to play this game we all grew up playing. I am torn because I am just an average player with an immense passion for the game.

I am stuck in these rookie leagues and would love to move out of the basement so to speak to the grown up table. I don't feel like I am owed a spot in anything for any reason at all. Clark, Hawkeye, Ryan, and a few others I am jealous over I will admit because they are newer players and are getting to play in better leagues. HSFTL Farm League.. great idea.. but lame after a few weeks all the reliable guys moved up to "big league" and all that was left was deadbeats and couldn't get any games in at all with anyone. So many online leagues now its over saturated and people start losing and quit leagues to join another. I can't blame these guys at all for doing a "secret" league or whatever you want to call it. I'm stuck emailing people every week that don't respond and eventually drop out of these leagues I'm in. And if I could get some of my online friends to form something that I know would run smoothly without any drama and have committed people to it I would in a heartbeat. I commend you guys for doing something like that and I hope that one day I'll be cool enough to play with all the older vets. 

When I have something to show for all the Tecmo blood I have shed I'll bark about what's fair and where I think I belong in the mix of things. 

for real, though.  probably the most poignant tecmo thread i've read all year.  great one liners and analogies.  lots of passion.  i like it. 

to sum up, 2.0 was based on the original WTF model which is by invite only--granted WTF aimed at newer players.  the board space was/is hidden to prevent excess as we established the league and all got on the same page.  so far it's the cleanest league forum on this board, and because of that i'm tempted to leave it hidden as to not clutter the board space and to keep things relevant--i never check forums for leagues that i'm not a part of and i'm not sure what the purpose would be for making 2.0's forum public.  as far as its future, i don't see any difference in how it will operate from current WTF as far as publicity and personnel changes when needed.

I admit to trolling other leagues forums.. not the forum conversation type stuff unless there is some crazy title that strikes a must read scenario. I like to read about the different rules, rosters, setups, and stuff like that. Its amazing at what can be done with this game. 

So I don't really to get into this drama... but I will add my two sense. I've been playing off and on tecmo online for over 3 years. I stopped playing online because I couldn't get into a league. And most of these long running ones probably have the same core people years later. Its great that TRL and WRL exist to get newer players involved in the game. 

Now with all the leagues its great for people to get more involved and continue to play this game we all grew up playing. I am torn because I am just an average player with an immense passion for the game.

I am stuck in these rookie leagues and would love to move out of the basement so to speak to the grown up table. I don't feel like I am owed a spot in anything for any reason at all. Clark, Hawkeye, Ryan, and a few others I am jealous over I will admit because they are newer players and are getting to play in better leagues. HSFTL Farm League.. great idea.. but lame after a few weeks all the reliable guys moved up to "big league" and all that was left was deadbeats and couldn't get any games in at all with anyone. So many online leagues now its over saturated and people start losing and quit leagues to join another. I can't blame these guys at all for doing a "secret" league or whatever you want to call it. I'm stuck emailing people every week that don't respond and eventually drop out of these leagues I'm in. And if I could get some of my online friends to form something that I know would run smoothly without any drama and have committed people to it I would in a heartbeat. I commend you guys for doing something like that and I hope that one day I'll be cool enough to play with all the older vets. 

When I have something to show for all the Tecmo blood I have shed I'll bark about what's fair and where I think I belong in the mix of things. 

Waiting lists and staying present online. If you get your games in, and are around playing TPC or other leagues and sign up on Waiting lists, you'd be surprised the ebb and flow of ownership. Just takes patience, but trust me it's worth it.