TSB '90 Edition

Martin

The Colts defense is still arguably the worst in the game, but maybe the addition of Eric Dickerson can help them achieve that 7-9 record of their real life counterparts? Michael Dean Perry joins Fulcher, Woodson and Childress as defensive superstars in AFC Central while in the Browns 4-3 defense. And as quickness now determines the ability to deflect passes, Waters isn't (completely) useless anymore...

Play through the entire 1990 season with updated schedule, rosters, uniforms and carefully set up playbooks in this MAN v. COM-rom that aspires to be challenging with the addition of late season coverage every game, COM QBs looking for open receivers and grapple hack.

Other hacks included: Pass control is ability to complete a pass while Accuracy of passing is, well...accuracy of passing, returners using their own maximum speed, more dynamic OL vs DL play (with slight edge to OL, as not no completely nerf the running game with the addition of late season coverage and lower Rushing power ratings), player 2 condition fix and preseason injuries.

Countless hours spent tuning SIM stats...

EDIT, september 8. Will keep updating this thread since my rom gets some downloads.

- better reception SIM

- some roster updates: Barry Foster RB4 (Pit) and Walter Wilson WR1 (S.D.)

etc.

TSB '90 Edition.nes

Edited by Martin

• 1 month later...

Roster updates is based on stats from Pro-football-reference.com and from 1990-season articles. Players like Keith Millard is still there, started four out of four games before getting injured. Steve Grogan also started four out of four games, and got the only Patriots win, so I kept him as a back-up, even though Tom Hodson played more. Of course these players got some kind of "Tecmo rep". In close calls, like Zendejas vs. Garcia on the Oilers, the players career was also a factor.

With that said...

Who should Marcus Dupree replace? Cleveland Gary is the feature RB. Buford McGee was the 1990 Rams MVP, the starting FB and got almost 50 catches. They are the starters in my rom. Curt Warner was 2nd in rushing attempts/game, got one TD and has that "career factor". Gaston Green was the returner on the 1990 Rams, played 15 games and was 3rd in rushing attempts/game.

Dupree had less rushing attempts/game that Buford McGee and played only 7 games without a TD. I don't even see him as "RB5" as Robert Delpino played more games and did more of an impact with 4 receiving TDs that season...and was the starter in 1991.