qbvikings

SNES Tecmo Super Bowl 2013-14

Attached is the QBVIKINGS 2013-14 Preaseason Preview Tecmo Super Bowl ROM for SNES.

Rosters are accurate as of July 7. Position Battles and rookie starters are purely my prediction.

Kaepernick is very fast, see if you can stop him!

Thanks to MRNFL for creating the original base rom.

SNESTecmo Super Bowl 2013-2014.rar

Edited by qbvikings

Having a blast with this Rom, QBV!

Overcame a big 4th-qtr deficit (scoring 2 TDs in a 25-second span, within the final 39 seconds of play) to win 31-30 over Carolina, and start my 1st season - with the Jets - 3-1...
(They'd better play Geno, 'cause he's on a roll!!!)

Every game's a challenge, and I like that. Thanks!

Edited by ToonSpielmanODFaves

this is awesome man!!!! there was a glitch during a game, im not sure if you're aware of it! I was playing as the 49ers against the Ravens and on a punt return to end the half Jacoby Jones muffed it, and the game just stayed stuck in fumble mode. the ball just stayed on the field and the players just kept surrounding it like bees. haha

this is awesome man!!!! there was a glitch during a game, im not sure if you're aware of it! I was playing as the 49ers against the Ravens and on a punt return to end the half Jacoby Jones muffed it, and the game just stayed stuck in fumble mode. the ball just stayed on the field and the players just kept surrounding it like bees. haha

Thanks for the feedback. Hmmm... Have not heard of that happening in an snes rom. Let me know if it happens again.

Thanks for the feedback. Hmmm... Have not heard of that happening in an snes rom. Let me know if it happens again.

Also too, I noticed in season mode that the teams aren't in the right divisions? are you still fixing that part?

Qbviking I downloaded the link you provided and I reinstalled the rom, but the problem I'm having is when I attempt to unzip it an error code pops up. Any suggestion?

that has to be your unzipping program. you'll have to try winzip or WinRAR. whatever program you don't have.

Also too, I noticed in season mode that the teams aren't in the right divisions? are you still fixing that part?

Unfortunately with snes that is what it is. If you want all 32 teams, correct schedules and divisions, download the 2013-14 rom I created, which is much better in my opinion.

Unfortunately with snes that is what it is. If you want all 32 teams, correct schedules and divisions, download the 2013-14 rom I created, which is much better in my opinion.

EDIT: nevermind, I found the NES rom, its awesome man. Thanks for all your time and dedication. I am showing it off to all of my friends. They are super pumped. I do like the play of the SNES rom better, I guess I just always enjoyed SNES more. too bad you cant change the divisions. :(

Edited by theprez1985

You should check the SNES resource thread...I have a few versions on there with HD player models (read: a 3rd uniform color/sock color), and also a contributed ROM that has generic endzones that just say "Tecmo" so you don't have to edit the graphics for each team.

Very nice ROM. Very well made from my perspective. I know how difficult making the new logos are, but the one thing that bothers me is that you are missing 4 teams. And i know, you could only fit so much. But in the future, try to find a way to fit all 32 teams. Missing teams: Oakland, St. Louis, Detroit, and Kansas City. 

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By Knobbe
      -= DOWNLOAD HERE =-

Tecmo Super Bowl is the greatest sports video game of all time. Now, 23 years after TSB made 8-Bit legends of Bo Jackson and Lawrence Taylor, TecmoBowl.org proudly announces the release of Tecmo Super Bowl 2015. This site's 8th yearly iteration updates Tecmo's NES classic with up-to-date rosters, graphics, schedules and play books for all 32 NFL squads. Additionally, the 4-3 defense has been added for teams who run this base defense.

Playable on multiple platforms and operating systems via NES emulation software, Tecmo Super Bowl 2015 brings Nintendo's bone-crunching classic to today's computers and handheld devices.

Will offenses fear Patrick Peterson like they feared Rod Woodson? Who is the more deadly play-caller: Peyton Manning or Joe Montana? Will Matt Schaub have a Grogan-esque ending to his career? Loaded into an NES Emulator, Tecmo Super Bowl 2015 will make legends for the next 23 years.

Tecmo Super Bowl 2015

Table of Contents
      A. How This Works
      B. How To Play - PC/Mac
      C. How to Play Online - Windows
      D. Tecmo Super Bowl 2015 Notes
      E. Credits
      F. Other 2014-15 versions available

A. How This Works
      If you're new to emulation:
      ROM = Game or Cartridge (.nes file)
      Emulator = NES System

B. How To Play - PC/Mac
      Download Nestopia for your platform and also the .nes ROM.
      Open Nestopia.
      From Nestopia, File > Open and find your .nes ROM.

C. How to Play Online - Windows
      Setup for online play using our guide - http://tecmobowl.org/topic/53066-guide-get-started-playing-tsb-online-for-dummies/. We then recommend starting out at the TPC - http://www.tecmoplayers.com.

Most TPC players use the original Tecmo Super Bowl ROM, but you might be able to find some people playing TSB 2013. Remember that the versions of the game must be exactly the same or you will not be able to connect.

If you’re looking for an online league, we recommend TecmoBowl.org's Online Tecmo Leagues.

D. Tecmo Super Bowl 2015 notes
      4-3 Defenses - Several teams employ 4-3 defenses. The The "RT" (Right Tackle) will show up as the LILB on the rosters.
      32-Team ROM
      Rosters current as of 9/2/14
      Adjustable quarter length
      Playbook editing in-game
      Player 2 attributes now display correctly
      Halftime stats
      Passing Accuracy hack is different from last year. Pass Control determines if a pass will be completed. Passing Accuracy determines if the ball will be on target.
      Quickness now works. This will be the maximum speed of a defender if they pick up a fumble or make an interception
      In order to get the proper Pro Bowl players, you may need to reset the season from the Schedule menu
      ProBowl rosters are based on the new fantasy "Rice vs Deion" format. At this time you are not able to replace players from either conference.

E. Credits
      Graphics - Keithisgood
      Rosters/Attributes/Sim - Buck
      4-3 Defense - Jstout
      Roster QA - Nathan @ Retro4ever.com, Bruddog
      Promo - davefmurray
      QA/Rom Merge/Project Coordinator - Knobbe

F. Other 2014-15 versions available

The TecmoBowl.org release is purposely similar to the original in terms of player ratings and limit of hacks included. There are some other great yearly releases that implement many of the hacks and different styles that have evolved over the years. We suggest you try them out.

Tecmonster's 2014-15 Release: Includes a laundry list of hacks and a preview magazine
      QBVIKINGS 2014-2015 Release for the NES and SNES: "This rom has max juice. If you can get Oak-Town or Jax to the playoffs, you are a stud." - "This rom includes too many hacks to mention

Thanks to:
      Jstout, Bruddog, Cxrom, Bad-Al & Buck for the hacking knowledge and tools.
      Members of TecmoBowl.org for helping to beta test and for making this all worthwhile.

View full article
    • By bruddog
      MARCH:

2. Jstout makes it so the computer QB will try to throw to an open receiver rather than relying only on the random chances set in the play
      design

http://tecmobowl.org/topic/53837-cpu-find-open-receiver/

JUNE:

3. My hack allows for seperate pass block and run block skills. HP vs HP is used for run blocking and offensive RS vs defensive MS is used
      for pass blocking.

http://tecmobowl.org/topic/55420-run-blockpass-block-hack/

4. My hack that lets you throw lob passes by pressing the start button

http://tecmobowl.org/topic/55448-use-start-instead-of-b-button-to-throw-lob-passes/

5. My special teams hack that lets you return punts out of the endzone, fair catch punts, touchback kickoffs, take instant timeouts by pressing start, and down the ball by pressing select.

http://tecmobowl.org/topic/55558-time-out-touchback-fair-catch-kneel-hack/

6. Jstout posts a great guide about programming the NES complete with various examples.

http://tecmobowl.org/topic/55469-nes-programming-info/

JULY

7. I post information on how to change the fumble and onside kick recovery time.

http://tecmobowl.org/topic/55841-change-average-fumble-and-onside-recovery-time/

8. My hack that lets you load in conditions at the start of a game. This makes it possible to have online leagues that carry over conditions week to week.

http://tecmobowl.org/topic/56044-hack-to-load-in-starters-playbook-conditions-at-game-start/

AUGUST

9. My no huddle hack that gives the defense 1 second after the offense has picked their play to pick a play or else they get a play picked for them.

http://tecmobowl.org/topic/56328-no-huddle-offense/page-2

SEPTEMBER
      10. xplosv' hack that lets you jump and dive for passes by pressing B. He also creates a hack that lets you throw to receivers in "madden style" by pressing a button that targets a WR.

http://tecmobowl.org/topic/57066-tsb-passing-revolution/

11. I found a way to change the success rate when trying to bump a player off a grapple.

http://tecmobowl.org/topic/56716-changing-the-bumping-probability-success-rate/

12 My hack where diving ability is based on HP.

http://tecmobowl.org/topic/57169-diving-time-based-on-hp/

OCTOBER
      My amazing hack where players engaged in grapples move forwards or backwards. This makes OL play look very realistic. It also allows high HP RB's to push low HP defenders forwards.

http://tecmobowl.org/topic/57127-push-pull-hack-by-bruddog/

In progress

1. 2pt conversion- I just need time to work on this and squeeze it into the 32 team rom somehow

Future ideas:

1. Ability table for certain teams to be better at causing fumbles
      2. Ability table for player specific injury rates

If I forgot anything major let me know

View full article
    • By buck
      There are 4x roms in the zip - actually, only two games (ROM 1 and ROM 2), but see below for reasoning for the extra two roms
      the zip also contains a basic readme, and a png image of a playbook key

View attachment: Street Tecmo 2013 v1 also with no p2.zip

View attachment: tsb street var shots 1.png

Documentation

There are two ROMs, each with 16 NFL teams.
      The only difference between the ROMs are the teams/rosters/names, etc. and the color of the endzones.

Based on Jstout's "CIFL 7-on-7" NES Tecmo Super Bowl ROM
      Upgraded plays (enhanced for the street)
      50 yard "field"

COM v MAN (you can play as player 2 if you set up your emulator)
      Competitive COM for challenging Season fun

No "Out of Bounds" - you can run into the walls

New Halftime and New Halftime Song
      Reduced Cutscreens

Game plays very fast (almost every variable is sped up greatly)
      Turnovers and scoring are common
      No punts (just "kicker")
      Countless Graphic changes

In-game playbook changing
      Cool new Uniforms (some throwbacks in there, too)
      12-game season with 8-team playoffs

"Heroes" - it's like a mini-game
      I have set up the heroes from the original Tecmo Super Bowl game
      AFC and NFC - using their original ratings (although some are decreased because it's played as pro-bowl game)
      but, it has a totally different feel and challenge than the other modern "street" teams

Pass Accuracy is completion/int variable
      KR return at their own Max Speed
      Player 2 condition indicator fixed

No pass-defender auto-dive
      Quicker dives for defenders

AI hacks
      Passing Game Hacks

Bruddog's OL/DL Differential (more random popcorn in the trenches)

HP Hack (MAN v MAN "popcorn" and/or "mash")
      Also, HP is quantized to a scale of "0 to 3 extra presses" that are added to grapple counter)
      6-25 HP = 0 extra press
      31-50 HP = 1 extra press
      56-75 HP = 2 extra press
      81-100 HP = 3 extra press

-----
      EXTRA ("no p2" versions): the (main) 1st version of TSB Street posted on 9-5-12 has a very cool hack (thanks xplozv) that lets you play as the 2nd player (2nd side) vs COM (also in season mode).
      A requirement is that you need to have your emulator set up such that you have control of the 2nd player controller (or if using an actual NES, a controller in port 2!) . In the emulator I use, I have them both programmed to the same controller/buttons.
      If you use an emulator that will not allow you to program or play as a 2nd player controller, I have provided a set of roms with the additional "no p2" characters in the rom filename. this "no p2" will play just like the original TSB - MAN will always be player one side when playing COM.

Therefore I have updated the zip to include these "no p2" versions. I also updated the readme in the zip. No other changes have been made.
      --

We must thank the following, because this rom would not be possible without their past or present help:
      jstout, bruddog, cxrom, bad_al, average tsb player, elway, knobbe, bodom, and xplozv

(jstout did not have any direct hand in the making of this ROM, but we thought we should credit him because we used his CIFL 7-on-7 ROM as our base)

--

it's a party, jerk. so enjoy it.

This post has been promoted to an article

View full article
    • By bruddog
      Color scan of manual for  the SNES version of Tecmo Super Bowl III 
    • By bruddog
      This is a scanned manual for the SNES version of Tecmo Super Bowl II