Sign in to follow this  
joeygats

Rank Your Own Draft Please (like top post)

CHICAGO BEARS (joeygats)

1.27 - DEF / DB mark CARRIER/shaun GAYLE
2.2 - RB / christian OKOYE
3.27 - DEF / RAI DEFENSIVE LINE
4.2 - WT / keith JACKSON
5.27 - DEF /  DB steve ATWATER/dennis SMITH
6.2 - OL / CIN OFFENSIVE LINE
7.27 - BU / BUF BACKUPS
8.2 - DEF / LB dennis GIBSON/chris SPIELMAN
9.27 - WT / keith MCKELLER
10.2 - LB / andre TIPPETT/chris SINGLETON
11.27 - QB / steve WALSH
12.2 - RB / sammie SMITH
13.27 - WT / ron MORRIS
14.2 - K/P / HOU

Analysis:
lot of questionable picks but the one that stands out most is taking okoye over a 56ms rb or a 63pc qb. carrier in round 1 was a solid pick regardless of his MS. RAI dl in the 3 was another odd choice by me but tbh i did not see anything else and i rather have 2 usable guys and a solid drone then 1LB so i stand by that pick. round 4 pick was a very good pick and i felt that in r5 i made out by getting den dbs. i was able to get the same OL that took me to a SB last year so im very happy with that pick in the 6 round. buf backups was also i nice pick since i was able to get a 44pc qb and another soild wr to give me more options when passing. rest of my draft was as good as it gets imo i made the best with all my picks and i am happy that i landed a 38ms 63hp rb so late

Offense: 5
Defense: 8

Grade: C+

NEW YORK JETS (bob)

1 14 JET QB boomer ESIASON
2 15 JET RB emmitt SMITH
3 14 JET LB darryl TALLEY c. BENNETT
4 15 JET DB harry HAMILTON mark ROBINSON
5 14 JET WT marv COOK
6 15 JET OL S.D OFFENSIVE LINE
7 14 JET DB j.b. BROWN tim MCKYER
8 15 JET DL HOU DEFENSIVE LINE
9 14 JET WT fred BARNETT
10 15 JET WT kelvin MARTIN
11 14 JET KP mike COFER barry HELTON
12 15 JET LB rufus PORTER terry WOODEN
13 14 JET BA MIN BACKUPS
14 15 JET RB aubrey MATTHEWS

Analysis:
The Boomer + Emmitt combo is going to be tough for my opponents, even with the slow-ish WRs. (Compare this to last season's horrifying combo of Elway + Broussard and you can see why I'm excited.) The OL is strong enough to hold its own against almost any defensive front, so Jets fans can expect a lot of points this season.

The defense lacks any *big* names but appears solid enough with a number of controllable players at each level. Bennett is a freak at LB and Talley's INT helps in clear passing situations. Robinson is slow off the ball but pseudo-usable, and both he and Hamilton have 56 INT. McKyer/Brown are nothing to write home about, but you could do a lot worse. Sean Jones on the DL is a nice commodity to have for certain situations. 

All in all, the weakness offensively is the lack of WR speed, and the weakness defensively is probably the lack of a truly good DB. Given the team's strengths, however, this team is by far the best Jets team I've fielded since my return to the Tecmo scene.

Offense: 8
Defense: 8

Grade: A-

DALLAS COWBOYS (kamphuna8)

1.28 - WT / Drew Hill

2.1 - DB / Gil Byrd, Sam Seale

3.28 - RB / Roger Craig

4.1 - LB / Mike Singletary, Dan Hampton

5.28 - OL / LA Raiders

6.1 - DL / SF 49ers

7.28 - LB / Scott Davis, Rikki Ellison

8.1 - RB / Kevin Mack

9.28 - QB / Chris Miller

10.1 - WT / Ron Hall

11.28 - BU / PHX Cardinals

12.1 - DB / Felix Wright, Thane Gash

13.28 - WT / Wendell Davis

14.1 - K/P / Roger Ruzek

Anal License

I really liked Picks 1 and 2, as Hill can give you a chance no matter the situation and Byrd is nice enough but add a 56ms 50int Seale on top of that = Kamp Stoked.

Picks 3 and 4 I like too, but I had to come to grips with the fact that my 1st 2 picks would leave me with a 44ps 44pc QB at best (I wouldn't take Aikman til the 5th and even thats a maybe). Roger Craig was a nice pickup, I mean I knew I was getting a 50ms back no matter what. Singletary's 75HP is nice and his buddy's 56hp also doesn't hurt. Was hoping to pair Craig up with Rai DL but gats took em right before me.

Picks 5 and 6 I like too. Raiders to me was semi questionable with 3 50hp guys, but the 50ms was worth it at OL5 in the end for me. VERY STOKED that the Niners DL was still avail. While DL is often overrated, I was really hoping to get a front 5 with at least 4 guys 69 HP or more, which helps my non tapping ass. I don't plan to play much Man D with any of the DL as their INT ratings are piss poor. Original plan was OL and Jets Backups if avail, but they were taken earlier in the 5th round.

Picks 7 and 8 I was tempted to go with Plummer and Seau for Plummers 69hp and put him at LB1 opposite the 75HP Singletary, in fact that was the plan until looking at Davis and Ellison, a one bump loss in HP for a LB with 44int that I will use in nickel situations, no matter the minimum RP. Also at 8 I got my man Kevin Mack, chosen over Ironhead, who I was tempted at getting the All Craig Backfield, as my name is Craig, and the 94HP is more impactful than Mack's 88hp, but I knew I was getting a semi crap QB and probably not a lot of help at RB so the 31ms can be a usable 38 or 44 if conditions help out.

Picks 9 and 10 I finally got a QB. Chris Miller with the noodle arm and the at least 44pc. He will work well in Hail Mary situations but I'm gonna be playing conditions with him and whatever backup I get (was the thought at the time). I really liked Ron Hall at 10.1 also. 38 ms over Eric Greens 31 with the same 44rec, and Hall's HP will still fill in the roll at WR2 or TE if necessary.

Picks 11 and 12 I liked the value I got here. PHX Backups features a 44 38 QB and 3 38ms RBs I can play conditions with, esp if I know I'll need a 2nd RB in my PB selection. For DBs Gash and Wright, I got one of the last, if not THE last 50INT DBs. So only one CC target in the secondary.

Picks 13 and 14 filled out nicely. Ruzek I can work with, I'm not great at kicking online so I generally don't unless it's relatively close or it's all I got, and I can work with Ruzek. Wendell Davis was the last 31MS 50REC WR and will probably see a decent amount of PT.

All in all, I really liked my draft as I haven't had a good DB since Haddix 3 or 4 seasons ago and Drew Hill is a nice weapon. This is the best D i've had in several seasons. The front 7 all has their values, hard hitting as all can be, which helps pressure the offense for Byrd to take advantage of, and to help me bring down ball carriers, as most people can outtap me. On offense, Hill is nice, but I missed with not getting a better QB. Tupa just might start.

OFFENSE 6

DEFENSE 8

OVERALL C+

Lack of a decent QB will probably doom me. Thought about BJ T or even Jay S or Bubby, but liked other options better until they were taken.

Kansas City Chiefs (Johny_MX)

Round Pick Team Tandem Name

1 24 K.C BA DET BACKUPS

2 5 K.C WT andre RISON

3 24 K.C DB thomas EVERETT carnell LAKE

4 5 K.C LB greg LLOYD bryan HINKLE

5 24 K.C RB brad MUSTER

6 5 K.C OL S.F OFFENSIVE LINE

7 24 K.C LB keith DELONG matt MILLEN

8 5 K.C RB tony PAIGE

9 24 K.C DB fred MARION rod MCSWAIN

10 5 K.C DL DAL DEFENSIVE LINE 1

1 24 K.C KP david TREADWELL mike HORAN

12 5 K.C WT pat BEACH

13 24 K.C WT alfredo ROBERTS

14 5 K.C QB steve GROGAN

Analysis:

A very good offense that get value in every single position and has Rison as his playmaker. Deffense is another story, 44rp DB Carnell Lake and 50rp LB Greg Lloyd surrounded by a bunch of slow drones will get some stops but not many turnovers.

Defense: 5

Edited by johny_mx

Tampa Bay Buccaneers (twisterhstl)

Draft Summary 

1-1 QB qb EAGLES

2-28 BA CHI BACKUPS

3-1 WT willie GAULT

4-28  DB l. WASHINGTON terry MCDANIEL

5-1 LB keith MILLARD scott STUDWELL

6-28 LB eugene LOCKHART jimmie JONES

7-1 OL DEN OFFENSIVE LINE

8-28 RB michael HADDIX

9-1 DB scott CASE brian JORDAN

10-28 DL IND DEFENSIVE LINE

11-1 KP jeff JAEGER jeff GOSSETT

12-28 WT perry KEMP

13-1 RB john STEPHENS

14-28 WT ron HELLER

Analysis - Where to even begin with this cluster fuck of a draft. First pick should have obviously been Detroit backups, Ware + Gray sets your entire offense but I went for QB Eagles who is a proven loser in the HSTL. My second round pick has lots of value ... if you make it in round 5 and looking back now I should have gone with Giants ILBs which would have taken care of all my defensive needs with a 63 int LB and a 69 quickness LB respectively. Having taken care of my offense/defense after the first two rounds I could have drafted Andre Waters in round 3 just for giGGles and then held up the draft for rounds 4-14 and waited for my auto pick.

I think the scale from 1-10 is highly ineffective, and I prefer to scale things between 32 - 37

Offense - 33

Defense - 35

Again, the A-F scale is limited and I prefer to scale things between ploogie - lurgi 

Overall = needle-nardle-noo

1 2 MIA QB joe MONTANA

2 27 MIA DB erik MCMILLAN brian WASHINGTON

3 2 MIA WT gary CLARK

4 27 MIA LB cliff ODOM john OFFERDAHL

5 2 MIA RB albert BENTLEY

6 27 MIA RB herschel WALKER

7 2 MIA OL IND OFFENSIVE LINE

8 27 MIA DL S.D DEFENSIVE LINE

9 2 MIA KP nick LOWERY bryan BARKER

10 27 MIA WT pete HOLOHAN

11 2 MIA DB wes HOPKINS andre WATERS

12 27 MIA LB john RADE jessie TUGGLE

13 2 MIA BA PHI BACKUPS

14 27 MIA WT brent PERRIMAN

I love the draft, it is my favorite part about tecmo leagues.  Miami was back in the lottery from crash & burning with Rice/Krieg, which I think that combo has made the Playoffs every time they were paired in HSTL besides mine, so that is good for the ego.  But I was still clinging to my Cinderella season Montana two season ago so I was pumped to get him again.  Even thought about shocking the world taking him #1 over EAGLES if I got the spot.  But there is a danger to the 2nd spot as I was not able to get a top WR the next rnd.  To add to my predicament Bears BU's was available also in the 2nd.  So I had a 56 ms RB, Good DBs, and 50 ms 75 REC to choose from with my next 2 picks.  Had to have a DB and went with the High INT of McMill.  Ended up passing on Bailey thinking a 50ms 75 REC WR will have better Montana CC magic than a 50MS/63REC or 44MS/69REC in rnd 4.  Still don't know if I made the right choice but getting the two best 44 MS RBs helped since either of them can play a WR too.  Got stuck on the wrong end of the OL run and from the few scrims Balldingers 38 HP is going to put Montana in a Body Bag.    Made a couple other controversial picks later in the rnds with the first Kicker off the board but I figure I'll be in some games this year and need the automatic Lowery.  Still could of got a very good kicker in the next rnds so that was a mistake.  Also took the dreaded Andre Waters, but Hopkins has quite a few career picks with his 56 INT which I think will balance out the gaping hole that Waters makes. And Waters Picked me off last year on a Rice Krieg combo so he must play above his stats :)

All in all I have a balanced team that can throw some CC garbage to hopefully get me a winning record this year.

Offense - 9 (Montana and a 75 REC WR)

Defense - 7 (typical 1 good DB 1 good LB Combo)

Overall = B+ (hard to have a bad team with a lotto pick, but could of been better with the 56 MS RB)

LA Rams (moulds33)

1.5 - QB / QB Browns

2.22 - DEF / DB louis OLIVER/jarvis WILLIAMS

3.5 - WT / haywood JEFFRIES

4.22 - WT / anthony MILLER

5.5 - DEF / LB leslie ONEAL/henry ROLLING

6.22 - OL / CLE OFFENSIVE LINE

7.5 - BU / WAS BACKUPS

8.22 - DEF / DB brett MAXIE/gene ATKINS

9.5 - DEF / DET DEFENSIVE LINE

10.22 - WT / eric GREEN

11.5 - DEF / LB wilber MARSHALL/andre COLLINS

12.22 - RB / freeman MCNEIL

13.5 - K/P / SEA

14.22 - RB / marvin ALLEN

Analysis:

I ended up with the 5th pick, which was a lot higher than I had anticipated since I ended up 7-9 last season and actually had a positive 25 point differential.  I guess I didn't figure in all of the dropouts and draft slot penalties.  

My first pick might cost me, I gave strong consideration to Moon and Barry Sanders.  I ended up going with Bernie because of the JJ potential, a notch of MS (over Moon), and the fact that I'm not great with the high PS guys.  I had Montana last year and offense wasn't the problem so I ended up drafting a team pretty similar on offense to last season (Anthony Miller & CLE OL are back) except for one major difference.  I have no speed at running back this season and it is by far the most glaring weakness.  

Looking back, I could have taken the last 56 MS guy (Bailey) but it seemed early at 2.22 & I really wanted the MIA DBs.  Then I missed out on the 50 MS guys too, so I ended up taking Anthony Miller to go with Jeffries.  Kelvin Bryant will be my main RB, which isn't great.  Riggs/Eric Green are good on kick returns, but they will be slow since I got stuck with the Browns OL (again).  This offense is good, but not great.  QB Browns/Jeffries/Miller are gonna be fine, but Green(TE) is slow, McNeil/Riggs (RB2) are both slow and can't catch, and my Oline is pretty average.

I took Oliver/Williams in the 2nd round and that already gives me one more controllable defender then I had last season in MIN.  My defense last year was putrid, I had Stinson and no LB help at all.  I vowed not to let that happen this year so I got O'Neal as my 3rd controllable defender & added the Det DL pretty late, so hopefully Ball can cause some havoc.  Atkins is the weak link in the secondary, but I can live with 44 INT back there (I hope).   This defense should help me mask my tapping deficiencies at least on paper.

All in all, I'm not super pumped about this team after playing some scrimmages.  One thing is quite clear to me now, QB Browns is no Joe Montana...no matter how bad I want him to be.  If the Lambs don't make the playoffs this season, the wolves will be howling in LA wondering why the hell they didn't draft Barry Sanders.  Rumors have already started to fly that they might even move the team to St Louis, GOD FORBID.

Offense: C 

Defense: B

Grade: D+

Edited by moulds33

NY Giants (LuckyTool)

1.22 - RB / Marion Butts

2.7 - DB / Young & McDonald

3.22 - LB / Haley & Romanowski

4.7 - WT / Jay Novacek

5.22 - WT / Steve Jordan

6.7 - OL / Oilers

7.22 - BU / Bengals

8.7 - RB / Craig Heyward

9.22 - QB / Mark Rypien

10.7 - LB / Wallace & Robinson

11.22 - DB / Prior & Taylor

12.7 - WT / Ozzie Newsome

13.22 - K/P / DET

14.7 - DL / Bucs

Analysis:  I have a very similar team to last season, probably a touch worse.  Round 1 I would have taken Richard Johnson, but tadaos took him one pick before, so I went with the last 63ms back remaining.  Then I got Young and McDonald, who I was SURE I would get in season 22 but soby chose a second pair of DBs in round two (the RiceBerg worked out, though).  Then on the way back I wasn't thrilled with any offensive options, so I took the LBs to have a good four options on defense.  Nice being able to have a little flexibility.  I could have gone for more speed at receiver, but I decided against drafting a QB like Schroeder/Tolliver/Brister later on as I would probably throw picks all year.  To help Butts move things I invested in high HP guys Novacek, Jordan, Heyward, and Newsome.  I have no speed, though, at WT.  Landed Wilhelm and Rypien to play conditions and manage the game.  38ms backups Green and Jennings could see playing time if conditions are right and when Butts gets hurt. 

Offense: C+

Overall Grade: B-

PHX CARDINALS (Ryan11p)

1 9 PHX RB thurman THOMAS

2 20 PHX LB derrick THOMAS chris MARTIN

3 9 PHX DB reggie RUTLAND carl LEE

4 20 PHX WT shawn COLLINS

5 9 PHX WT art MONK

6 20 PHX OL DAL OFFENSIVE LINE

7 9 PHX BA CLE BACKUPS

8 20 PHX DB eugene ROBINSON nesby GLASGOW

9 9 PHX DL K.C DEFENSIVE LINE

10 20 PHX WT mark BAVARO

11 9 PHX RB barry WORD

12 20 PHX QB bubby BRISTER

13 9 PHX LB al SMITH john GRIMSLEY

14 20 PHX KP mike LANSFORD keith ENGLISH

Analysis: The idea behind my draft was simple get an elite running back then go for defense, to give myself a chance to compete come hell or high water i felt i had to get a elite rb. So long story short i picked Thomas with Anderson on the board purely based on the BC difference the thought was since I'm gonna run quite a bit fumbles have to be at a minimum. 

Another problem being in the top half def restricts what direction i could go picking Thomas at LB seemed like a solid option to cause trouble for others. Pick 3 i figured picking the fastest db tandem i could get would help out really wanted Eddie Anderson but Lee works pretty good and i have 2 solid options on D.

Next two picks were obvious WR's since they were flying off the board did my best to get a speed threat along with a high rec guy.

OL was a must with my run game plan and here is where I'm sure i had ppl wondering about my team. Yes i went with Cleve BU's and Pagel at the time i figured i missed the train on a good qb why not have a 25 ms guy. All the qb's on the board were gonna have to have JJ's or wide open guys to complete passes so why not go with a guy who can create some open wr's opps.

The rest the draft was based on what i needed and what was around happy i got KC DL so late, either way i put myself in a position where the possibility of doing well is on my shoulders and playing ability. Correctly make opps and minimizing mistakes with pagel is the deal.

Offense: C

Overall Grade: C+

Edited by Ryan11p

LA RAIDERS (Art Vandelay)

1.13 QB dan MARINO

2.16 DB everson WALLS mark COLLINS

3.13  BA RAI BACKUPS

4.16 RB mike ROZIER

5.13 DB terry KINARD bubba MCDOWELL

6.16 RB roy GREEN

7.13 LB james FRANCIS leon WHITE

8.16 OL N.E OFFENSIVE LINE

9.13 KP pat LEAHY joe PROKOP

10.16 LB jim MORRISSEY ron RIVERA

11.13 WT mark BOYER

12.16 WT brian BLADES

13.13 DL JET DEFENSIVE LINE

14.16 WT walter REEVES

My usual M.O. in these drafts is to go defense first so landing the 13th pick I was hoping to nab Fulcher or Lott/Waymer. Since they were both taken right before me I decided to go with Marino and his laser-guided rocket launcher arm. Wall/Everson in the 2nd was a no brainer for me although I was tempted to select DT. I was stoked to add 2 speed wr's for Marino when the RAI backups came knocking in the 3rd. A 50 ms back as well? Why not. My only mistake in this draft and it might cost me against certain teams this year was selecting Roy Green in the 6th. I should have selected an OL because they started falling off the board shortly after and by the time it got back to me all of the good lines were gone. A below average o-line with cement-shoes Marino can hurt you against a high HP DL and LBs. 2 56ms db's and a 50ms lb on defense hopefully is enough to get some stops. Overall, I was satisfied with my draft and look forward to playing the season with an 81ps QB.

Offense: A

Defense: C+

Overall: B

Edited by ArtVandelay

New England Patriots (coconuts622)

1.10 DB rod WOODSON / dwayne WOODRUFF

2.19 QB steve DEBERG

3.10 WT stephone PAIGE

4.19 RB dalton HILLIARD

5.10 LB michael COFER / george JAMISON

6.19 OL SEA OFFENSIVE LINE

7.10 WT michael IRVIN

8.19 DB dwayne HARPER / patrick HUNTER

9.10 LB tony BLAYLOCK / clay MATTHEWS

10.19 BU PACKERS

11.10 WT tim MCGEE

12.19 RB derrick FENNER

13.10 DL DEN DEFENSIVE LINE

14.19 K/P jerry KAURIC / bryan WAGNER

As with all drafts, my plan fluctuates depending on the draft room/results. With the 10th pick, wasn't sure who would be there at my pick, since this was my first HSTL draft. The best players available were Fulcher/Bussey and Woodson/Woodruff, so I chose the latter for the extra 56/56 drone, who is quite useable, along with Woodson, who is basically a one man D. Therefore, I then loaded up on offense. My draft was full of values - Deberg late in the 2nd(the last 63pc QB), along with the last 50/75 WR in Paige, then the last 50MS RB in Hilliard(Thanks for the bday present there guys! :) ) Needed the last 50RP LB for run-stopping purposes in Cofer in the 6th. Then went Seahawks OL in the 6th to keep Deberg and his 6MS ass off of the ground. With D pretty much set, went back to the O. Irvin in the 7th was a steal compared to previous drafts. The pick I thought a lot about was Harper/Hunter in the 8th, but I got the last 50/50 drone and a CC magnet, but Rod covers that weakness well enough. Blaylock/Matthews give me a 44INT LB, which I though was pretty good in the 9th. The Packers backups give me 2 38MS backs to give me guys to use in a pinch if Hilliard goes down, or if one goes into good or excellent, along with a 31/50 WR, which if he goes into good or excellent, is another safety blanket in case of injury. Mcgee was the last 31/56 WR off of the board. Fenner is a pretty good KR/PR with 56RS and 75HP, plus I needed some blocking after not drafting a true TE. I was never in a position to take a DL for value, so I waited and got DEN DL, which isn't very good, but I don't usually control DLs anyways. K/P as last pick was fine, kickers/punters are overrated in my opinion. Overall, I think I had a very good draft. 

Defense: 7

Draft Grade: B+

Edit: ok, so Blaylock is 38 INT, not 44 like on the doc. Oops.

Edited by coconuts0622

I don't get this holliday off like most so i'll do it here while its slow and get paid to write tecmo shit :)

1 6 WAS QB warren MOON

2 23 WAS DB eric ALLEN ben SMITH

3 6 WAS WT sterling SHARPE

4 23 WAS LB mike WILCHER kevin GREENE

5 6 WAS WT robert CLARK

6 23 WAS RB keith BYARS

7 6 WAS RB lorenzo WHITE

8 23 WAS OL DET OFFENSIVE LINE

9 6 WAS DL MIA DEFENSIVE LINE

10 23 WAS DB james HASTY tony STARGELL

11 6 WAS BA DAL BACKUPS

12 23 WAS KP scott NORWOOD rick TUTEN

13 6 WAS WT hart lee DYKES

14 23 WAS LB winston MOSS eugene MARVE

Like moulds I was surprised to be picking so early...then 100 times more surprised to see the great Warren Moon at pick 6! last year Randy was right analyzing my team with a huge lack of cc targets for marino. I would not make the same mistake this yr getting Sharpe with 75 rec and then 2 69rec targets. Defense I went with as many 38-50s I could get...took the speedy philly dbs and got a 2 for one...then added hp in the 38-50 lb Greene and later got 1 more 38-50 on dl in Cross..

I missed on a 56 ms back and again on a 50ms. then I picked Lo White forgetting Blair Thomas was there.. those two mistakes hurt a little bit overall I like the useable defenders and Moons going to be a lot of fun.

grading on the UC Santa Cruz p/np.

offense : pass

defense: pass

overall:pass! hey my degrees just as good as your 4.0!!

Edited by Jfagundes04

Buffalo Bills (tadaos)

After a disappointing playoff loss last season I decided to go in my traditional "get an elite DB in the first round" mentality despite Butts being available for me at pick #21 (tempted as I was to grab him again).

1 - DB richard JOHNSON cris DISHMAN

2 - QB john ELWAY

3 - RB earnest BYNER

4 - WT curtis DUNCAN

5 - OL WAS

6 - DB ray HORTON james WASHINGTON

7 - DL SEA

8 - WT jessie HESTER

9 - WT ferrell EDMUNDS

10 - SEA BACKUPS

11 - KP jason STAUROVSKY brian HANSEN

12 - RB heath SHERMAN

13 - LB fred STRICKLAND frank STAMS

14 - kevin MURPHY broderick THOMAS

Defense - it's the RJ and Jacob Green show.  Normally it's my M.O. to at least grab 2 LBs for value to help stop the run.  This season I decided to go with a solid secondary and a fast DL.  Johnson will ballhawk and get me the turnovers that I didn't get last season.  No LBs will make it tougher to stop the run but I'm confident this defense will stand tall.

Offense - Yeah yeah Elway too early blah blah blah.  Fact is after you've done this so many times and you get a chance to draft someone you've never had on your team before...you go for it.  Elway will make plenty of plays and has some decent targets to fire at.  Drops are my biggest concern so I went with some solid hands in Duncan, Hester, and Edmunds.  I can tap so Byner in the backfield will be just fine to keep the defenses honest.  Three 38ms backups I can play conditions with if Byner is feeling BAD.  The Hogs will give me plenty of blocking up front for Byner and to give Elway time to make plays with his legs. 

Overall I'm very happy with my team and I'll be looking to make some noise again this season in the AFC.

Offense - 7

Defense - 7

Grade:  B+

1 barney BUSSEY david FULCHER

2  ottis ANDERSON

3 ken O.BRIEN

4 vance JOHNSON

5  mark CARRIER

6  jessie SMALL seth JOYNER

7  OL JET OFFENSIVE LINE

8  leroy IRVIN ray CROCKETT

9  PIT DEFENSIVE LINE

10  rick FENNEY 11

11  S.D BACKUPS

12  james THORNTON

13  kevin WALKER carl ZANDER

14  KPdean BIASUCCI rohn STARK

8-bit (MINNESOTA VIKINGS)

Analysis: I wanted to get solid players at a few key positions such as: RB, WR, QB, DB. I was able to put monster players at these positions, which will help me put more points on the board and minimize turnovers (Anderson's high BC and a solid QB PC). I don't like skimping out on D-line and O-line, but caught the short end of the stick on these positions. I was debating taking the CHI backups to get Baileys 56 MS (instead of ottis 50ms), but I had him in the farmer's league and did not like his running flow/style. Also, I noticed he fumbled the ball at a greater rate than other players on my team, so I stayed away from Bailey.

Offense: B+

Defense: B-

Grade: B

Edited by 8-bit

Don't feel like posting my entire draft, but this is one of the best teams I've had in all my HSTL seasons.  Offense has Bo, a 44 MS backup RB, two 44/44 QBs, Ernest Givins.  Defense has one good DLman (Agnew), DEN LBs (Fletcher), and 3 good DBs including Hendrix/Holt.  The only weakness my team has is a shitty OL, which has cost me a few times in my games so far.  But usually Bo is fast enough that it doesn't matter, and my passing game consists mostly of GATS-like bombs to Givins so it doesn't hurt much there as well.  I should make the playoffs with this squad, if not then my skills will clearly have gone from average to total crap.

Kansas City Chiefs (Johny_MX)

Round Pick Team Tandem Name

1 24 K.C BA DET BACKUPS

2 5 K.C WT andre RISON

3 24 K.C DB thomas EVERETT carnell LAKE

4 5 K.C LB greg LLOYD bryan HINKLE

5 24 K.C RB brad MUSTER

6 5 K.C OL S.F OFFENSIVE LINE

7 24 K.C LB keith DELONG matt MILLEN

8 5 K.C RB tony PAIGE

9 24 K.C DB fred MARION rod MCSWAIN

10 5 K.C DL DAL DEFENSIVE LINE 1

1 24 K.C KP david TREADWELL mike HORAN

12 5 K.C WT pat BEACH

13 24 K.C WT alfredo ROBERTS

14 5 K.C QB steve GROGAN

Analysis:

A very good offense that get value in every single position and has Rison as his playmaker. Deffense is another story, 44rp DB Carnell Lake and 50rp LB Greg Lloyd surrounded by a bunch of slow drones will get some stops but not many turnovers.

Defense: 5

i miss you man :( you took this team to SB truly a legend