Sign in to follow this  
moulds33

HSTL 25 - POWER RANKINGS

1. Bears/Gats - He's the man until someone knocks him off, not sure about Okoye with his tapping. Went D heavy in draft.

2. Steelers/Daboy - Should have a killer D again and Tolliver proved last year how dangerous he can be in the right hands.

3. 49ers/Reg -  No real weaknesses here, plus now he has 3 44 MS RBs to play conditions with.  He's a contender again.

4. Oilers/Randy - Simms to Ellard/Sanders fits perfectly to his style & Bruce on Dline. 2ndary & 38 MS RB are my concerns.

5. Giants/Toolie - Gave Gats his toughest test in S24 playoffs & he may have had the best draft.  I think this might be 2 low. 

6. Chiefs/Johny_mx - Andre Ware/Mel Gray on the ground & Rison through the air will work fine. Bend but won't break on D.

7. Raiders/Art - New guy, but builds around Marino with quick WRs & Rozier on O. Good 2ndary helps hide an avg front 7. 

8. Cowboys/Kamp - Another vet who can build a team via draft. Other than a 44 PC QB & 1 iffy DB, I like this team... a lot.

9. Bills /Tadaos - The Elway pick left some scratching their heads, I'm leary.  DickDick & Jacob Green are enough D.

10. Redskins/JFagundes - Moon's the man for this team. Put up or shut up time for Philly corners, highest they've ever gone.

(others receiving votes)

Lions - Best draft O'Dell has had in years experts tell me.

Colts  - This team could make some serious noise if Scott Mitchell performs.

Bucs  - Best offense in the league....by far.  Defense is iffy, but might be enough.

Seahawks  - Another stellar offense, but defense looks dreadful on paper.

Browns - Everett/Taylor plus 2 44 MS RBs & Neon Deion in the secondary make me take this team very seriously.

Since I couldn't get anymore HSTL scrims tonight and it didn't look like anyone else would do one.  Here's a quick power poll/rankings list.  I'll keep doing them during the season if you guys want me too.  I'm no writer by any means, so be nice on the grammar, spelling, etc.  It's kind of in a daily racing form style for you horse racing fans.  Please discuss & tell me if you agree or not with the ranks.  Remember this is just a pre-season poll, enjoy!

I'm still hoping Randy does draft grades, so lets keep bugging him for them too. 

Edited by moulds33

2-0 with ease against Gats in preseason play..... no JJ no W's

yawn such lies its unreal. really is. all his scores were on runs with drones around that he bounced off then out tap me.. i swear if u could get rid of the bounce of his grappling would not mean that much.. grappling in genrel wouldnt

yawn such lies its unreal. really is. all his scores were on runs with drones around that he bounced off then out tap me.. i swear if u could get rid of the bounce of his grappling would not mean that much.. grappling in genrel wouldnt

You know I don't speak Spanish. In English please.

Lol, next time I'll vid..... your classic..... I don't even know what to say to you anymore. All my scores besides the 3 TD passes and 72% combined completion percentage. That didn't play a factor

Edited by regulator088

8/1 Update

HSTL Top 10

1. Bears/Gats - Returning champ has the best record in the league & it's his defense giving up under 11 points per game leading the way.

2. Giants/Toolie - Only loss to another team with only 1 loss (WAS), but it was week 1. Butts 11.8 ypc/11 TDs and his defense has only allowed 13 touchdowns so far.

3. Bucs/Twister - Started out very strong, but maybe starting to show some chinks in the armor. QB Eags has 11 rushing TDs already & 2nd best passer rating.

4. Skins/JFag - Moon has been stellar so far, which is no surprise completing 65% of his throws.  7-1 is a great start & WAS should cruise into NFC playoffs.

5. Oilers/Randy - Has only 2 losses, but the loss to MIA hurts a bit here. His offense...aka Simms has set a torrid pace so far with Ellard already catching 22 scores.

6. Seahawks/Grip - Beat HOU & avenged a loss to DEN, now sits alone atop the AFC west. Magik has 30 TD passes (2nd in league) & Rathman 7 KO return TDS!

7. Steelers/Daboy - BJ has been good, but not quite MVP caliber...yet.  JJ has a decent YPC, but only 4 TDs. Only got 6 games in, so basing on reputation a bit.

8. Saints/Bama - Hoss has been a game manager, but Neal makes this team go (18 TDs, 2nd n league). The top 10 defense (only allowed 2 rush TDs) travels well.

9. Pats/Coco - Easily the biggest surprise IMO, DeBerg/Hilliard/Page all have very good numbers so far (5th ranked O). Defense makes me nervous, Rod helps.

10. - Niners/Reg - Probably too low, but it's not quite mid-season. Browner leads a very strong 2ndary. Can Steve Young win a HSTL title? We are going to find out.

Others Receiving Votes:

Jets/Bob - Nice record to start things off behind #2 defense (yards/game) and Emmitt (13 TDs)

Cowoys/Kamp - Only 4-4, but all 4 losses to teams listed above.  Seems primed to make a playoff push.

Chiefs/Johny - Was the last guy I left out of the top 10. We know he's a solid player, AFC West goes thru KC again I have a feeling.

Lions/ O'Dell - Finally drafts a good team and then moves BHump to WR....but it's working?!? Nobody wants to play him down the stretch and could make a run.

Broncos/Rob - Teetering above .500 right now, probably needs 9 wins to lock up a wildcard in AFC, but that looks doable with his team.  I'm buying DEN stock.

Rams/Moulds - After good start, back to Earth now at 5-4.  Good news: no more SF on the schedule (0-2), bad news: games against TB, NO, HOU, PIT. 

Edited by moulds33

Sorry guys, I tried to fit everything on 1-line again but for some reason it didn't work.  I'm too lazy to redo, so I'll just use a line between.  Remember, these are just my opinion and the rankings are "as of this moment".  Something for us to talk/whine about, enjoy!

One of my losses was to MIA when Joe was in CC/JJ mode... the other was because I went for the stats instead of the win and paid the price.  The AFC goes through Simms.  After all of my one-and-done weirdo playoff games and situations, I have never been more determined.

You should have a 3rd loss actually if not for the gift from Denver...

i mean i see no easy road for anyone this will be a intresting finish to say the least. rest of season will be intense for anyone trying to make playoffs and win their division besides regs division..he pretty much has that gift wraped. the rest of us atleast have one person and in someone cases 3 that we are fighting with till the end.playoffs will be just as brutal and that is why i hope i can somehow find a way to win my division and get that must needed first round bye.

teams i like my chances with in the playoffs would be..

wash = i feel carrier can provide a stop or 2 and okoye can run through more then half his de

sf = no offenseive threat and a ok de

no = bama has nothing on de to contain me and carrier will feast on his shitty qb

teams i rather not face

gia = he is tough with a 63ms rb and came the closest to beating me last year

tb = qb eagles and a 56ms rb ugh