Carther's Rose Bowl 2012 playing field

So I read in the HEX directory that the offset range for the football field is 0x2C590-0x2CF41.  If I wanted his awesome two-tone field in my game, is it just as simple as copying and pasting the code in that range from his game to mine?  I've tried to test this theory out in transhex but I'm having trouble figuring out how to copy and paste from one window to another.  I could probably figure it out after a couple hours but I might as well save myself the time if it's not going to work like that anyway.

Thanks.  I finally realized that you can't just do a simple copy-and-paste like in most windows programs.  If you want to copy code from one rom into another in transhexlation, you have to highlight the code block and go Selection > Save Selection As... (filename.nes), then open your destination rom in transhex, highlight the code you want replaced, and go Selection > Fill Selection with... > choose File > choose Browse, then find filename.nes and click OK.

So, anyway, I did all this and then started a game but the field was all jacked up, so obviously there's much more to the process than what I hypothesized.

Thanks.  I finally realized that you can't just do a simple copy-and-paste like in most windows programs.  If you want to copy code from one rom into another in transhexlation, you have to highlight the code block and go Selection > Save Selection As... (filename.nes), then open your destination rom in transhex, highlight the code you want replaced, and go Selection > Fill Selection with... > choose File > choose Browse, then find filename.nes and click OK.

So, anyway, I did all this and then started a game but the field was all jacked up, so obviously there's much more to the process than what I hypothesized.

That isn't true.  You can do a simple copy and paste in translhextion.

Select Block x2C590 to x2CF41 and it will highlight the block.

Copy or Ctrl+C

Open the Rom to Paste to

Jump to x2C590

Paste or Ctrl+V and set to overwrite and 1 time and it will show the data being pasted in the new color

Save the Rom

Check the Field Tile Map above the field is the same as you can rearrange the field blocks with those.

Edited by jstout