Sign in to follow this  
rmm1976

rom question

I was playing against CHI, my QB fumbled and he picked it up and rumbled for like a 90 yard TD.  It was not on a called play yet his guy was running it back juiced as if it were.  I don't see that listed under "ROM HACKS" for this rom...  But I guess it is?

PS-  I think we had an ETC record, maybe.  He had 15 total yards (35 passing, -20 rushing) and he won the game 14-10.  His scores came on the fumble for TD and with a short field after Simms got hurt and I went for it on 4th down in my own territory.  Good times!!

http://etc.tecmobowl.org/etc/box.php?game=2362

Edited by rmm1976

There is something about boosted return speed for defenders in there but not sure if it was RS or RP that gets boosted to 63, but regardless, yes they return fumbles and INTs faster.

I like some things about the rom but there seem to be a lot of fumbles, I don't care for the DL picking up and running them back though I do like the DB's having speed on INT returns.  Also not crazy about the HP hack, makes some of the slower FBs better than 50 MS backs.

Defensive return speed is equal to their MS.

Did not mean to write MS, I must have been thinking about something else. Their Quickness is used for MS and their RP is set to 63.

If you think the slow backs had an advantage now, imagine them in the seasons where there were MAN popcorns.

Also not crazy about the HP hack, makes some of the slower FBs better than 50 MS backs.

Are you kidding? This is one of the purposes of it, though I disagree that it makes them better than 50ms. You have to gang tackle just as you would when playing original vs. faster tapper.

I see you have had a few tough losses. Don't let that cloud your judgment.

I also disagree there are more fumbles except that teams are in general stronger on defense in this league than hstl. There are more opportunities to cause them.

Now if you disagree about return speed on fumbles that is fair. However the same hack boosts for both ints and fum.

Edited by bgboud2

The hp hack didn't seem to bother you in our game. Took down an excellent Cobb multiple times.

Only person to take down Cobb 1-1 all season. And he was in excellent.

You must tap really fast.

Or maybe I was hitting the wrong button.

I played Vogt today and didn't win a single grapple against Ottis Anderson. I figured you must have let me win some of those grapples out of pity the way our games went.

I played Vogt today and didn't win a single grapple against Ottis Anderson.

Why would you expect to win a grapple vs. Vogt with Ottis?

Your best defender is 63hp.  You'd have to outtap him by 5.

The hp hack didn't seem to bother you in our game. Took down an excellent Cobb multiple times.

Only person to take down Cobb 1-1 all season. And he was in excellent.

You must tap really fast.

Or maybe I was hitting the wrong button.

hmmm this is fishy.. who was his man defender tho?

no u did not bring up you tapping 100hp with a 56-63 hp defender. but im guessing he didnt tap or something cause i refuse to believe u would cheat

straange...its not like basementnemisis to forgo tapping...there must have been some ghost defenders or some other explaination

hmmm this is fishy.. who was his man defender tho?

basement is able to beat me in grapples from time to time, fast forsure. 

too bad there's no video, cuz daddy would of like to seen that one :D