Passing Loft

Great question.  I don't know what to tell you other than I saw the Passing Loft locations posted from jstout and then looked at the numbers and it seemed obvious to me.  I know very little about hex editing though so I started this whole process with a bad hypothesis.

I'm hoping bruddog's upcoming posts on adjusting passing loft with the select button will shed some light on how to correct my false start.

Great question.  I don't know what to tell you other than I saw the Passing Loft locations posted from jstout and then looked at the numbers and it seemed obvious to me.  I know very little about hex editing though so I started this whole process with a bad hypothesis.

I'm hoping bruddog's upcoming posts on adjusting passing loft with the select button will shed some light on how to correct my false start.

Passing loft is just part of creating the arc you see in the game.  The Arc needs to know other things like velocity to create a pass that will hit the mark.  But if test or watch the video then you'll see the xFF loft is a straight line and the x01 has some upward movement but nothing that would be comical so all the x30 values will look fairly similar.

>http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KsFvQ8MwaNc

Passing loft is just part of creating the arc you see in the game.  The Arc needs to know other things like velocity to create a pass that will hit the mark.  But if test or watch the video then you'll see the xFF loft is a straight line and the x01 has some upward movement but nothing that would be comical so all the x30 values will look fairly similar.

>http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KsFvQ8MwaNc

I can definitely see how it effects passing arc for the same player, but I was thinking (incorrectly) that that one 16 byte grouping was the ONLY place that determined passing arc for ALL QB's.  Mistakes are the price of experience I guess.

• 2 months later...

Well, changing the passing loft numbers seems to have no effect on the actual pass arc.  I tested this using 30 for every byte, 35 for every byte, and then 39 for every byte and the 6 PS guy throws for a comically high arc still, and the 100 PS guy is still throwing bullets.

Ever figure this out?  I just tested and passing arc is definitely located at 2be64.