thalivest

Anyone remember this game or has done anything with it. An arcade baseball game from Sega from 1991. From what I gather (read online) it was ported to the Genesis as Sports Talk Baseball. STB was basically a bootleg version of RBI Baseball (NES), with better graphics. I think they spent more time and energy focusing on the commentary (which was groundbreaking at the time) rather than gameplay.

The gameplay is not as good as RBI and RBI 3 from the NES.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I actually forgot what this game was called. The reason I remembered and found it (about a year ago) is that if a player gets a hit, in their next PA their Avg. would go up .005 or it would go down .005 if they made an out. It plays very similar to RBI/RBI 3 (NES) from what I recall, I haven't been able to get it to run on MAME yet. It had a curveball and a screwball built in (unlike RBI/ RBI 3) but it seemed useless... for me anyway.

Sports Talk Baseball was fine (have some of the same batting stances as Clutch Hitter) except the pitching interface was terrible. No split finger/forkball like RBI, and you couldn't break pitches as much. I hate it in STB when you purposely throw a pitch off the plate and still gets hit. Here's the Japanese version of Clutch Hitter, a ceremonial first pitch, and no easy home runs or scoring. Even with the the JPN All Starts the game finished 6-1. HR @ 7:15, unfortunately no distance like RBI 2/3.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DeueMb4EkIA

Edited by thalivest

Thanks although it looks like no one is there anymore. That was supposedly the Genesis port. I don't know why they just didn't port the game directly like Baseball Stars 2 from Arcade to the NEO GEO or RBI from the Arcade to NES. If only I could find a way to port it now and play on my laptop/phone.

Thanks for the info, but just to clarify, I was looking for any information regarding Clutch Hitter. I mentioned Sports Talk Baseball as it was the version that was supposedly ported to the Genesis, and it may possibly give insight hacking wise, but the game I was interested in is Clutch Hitter which came out for the Arcade in 1991.

• 1 month later...