Team Rankings/scheduling questions

I've got my rom edited down to 24 teams and I've got them completely "unselectable" in any way.  In season mode, they still play games as a blank team and therefore show up on the Team Rankings screen as a blank space with stats, and there players are still accumulating stats.  Is there any way that anybody knows to either A)take them off the schedule, or B.) make them not show up on the team ranking screen.  

I'm thinking around ways to do it, but I haven't really been able to come up with anything.  Thanks in advance to anyone who can help me out!

I answered this on http://tecmobowl.org/topic/54998-removing-teams-from-a-rom/ but I'm gonna post the answer here incase someone is looking for it:

Oh I forgot to post this so you know how to fix the AFC/NFC split:

X2397c change from 00 1C to 02 1A (NFL Search: Changes 1st team to MIA and last team to RAMS)
X23980 change from 00 0E to 02 0E (AFC Search: Changes 1st team to MIA and last team to SEA)
X23984 change from 0E 1C to 0E 1A (NFC Search: Changes 1st team to WAS and last team to RAMS)

X23988 change from 00 1C to 02 1A (NFL Search: Changes 1st team to MIA and last team to RAMS)
X2398C change from 00 0E to 02 0E (AFC Search: Changes 1st team to MIA and last team to SEA)
X23990 change from 0E 1C to 0E 1A (NFC Search: Changes 1st team to WAS and last team to RAMS)

This will change the AFC to be 12 teams (from MIA to SEA) and the NFC to be 12 teams (WAS to RAMS). This will drop BUF/IND/NO/ATL from these conferences and their stats will not count in the mix for things like NFL Team Leaders.

I also removed those 4 teams from the schedule (I used TSB Supreme for my schedule changes) so that the players get no stats during the Season.