swampymux12

Removing Teams from a rom

You will want to remove them from the standings and leader boards too. I found it annoying that the teams I removed were at the top of the Defense Leader Board all the time (they had 0 yards against them afterall).

NFL STANDINGS screen:

23ADB - 23AE8 - CURSOR SETUP (x:y coords) Here, it's the setup for the 3 Divisions for each Conf. + the PLAYOFF screen. (7 coords in total) ordered by "ROWS" (E/ C/ W), then the coords for PLAYOFF

23F6D - 23F78 - TEAM ORDER/ TEAMS PER DIVISION Every 2 bytes correspond a DIVISION. First offset will be the Division's FIRST team, and the following the NUMBER of teams this division has.ordered by "ROWS" (E/ C/ W) *WITH THE RESTRICTION THAT EVERY DIVISION MUST HAVE 4 or 5 TEAMS (unless you apply that other hack some roms have, which I don't know how)

TEAM RANKINGS screen:

NFL TOTAL OFFENSE: 2397C - 2397D 2 offsets. First offset corresponds to the FIRST team this screen will show, the second offset will be for the LAST team shown on this list. (default 00-BUF, 1C-ATL)

AFC OFFENSE: 23980 - 23981 2 offsets First offset corresponds to the FIRST team this screen will show, the second offset will be for the LAST team shown on this list. (default 00-BUF, 0E-SEA)

NFC OFFENSE: 23984 - 23985 2 offsets First offset corresponds to the FIRST team this screen will show, the second offset will be for the LAST team shown on this list. (default 0F-WAS, 1C-ATL)

NFL TOTAL DEFENSE: 23988 - 23989 2 offsets. First offset corresponds to the FIRST team this screen will show, the second offset will be for the LAST team shown on this list. (default 00-BUF, 1C-ATL)

AFC DEFENSE: 2398C - 2398D 2 offsets First offset corresponds to the FIRST team this screen will show, the second offset will be for the LAST team shown on this list. (default 00-BUF, 0E-SEA)

NFC DEFENSE: 23990 - 23991 2 offsets First offset corresponds to the FIRST team this screen will show, the second offset will be for the LAST team shown on this list. (default 0F-WAS, 1C-ATL)

*BUT, if you want to remove a team from one of this lists, you can only CUT it from, either the Top, or the Bottom. (making the teams in the middle shown as UNREMOVED)

**BTW, when I say this: ordered by "ROWS" : 00  05  09...(EAST/ CENTRAL/ WEST)  it means:

00=BUF, 05=CIN, 09=DEN

01=IND, 06=CLE, 0A=KC. 

02=MIA,    ..and so on. THIS IS ONLY FOR SHOWING THIS ORDER ON-SCREEN ( But the BUF=00 to ATL=1C ORDER is present all the time ) (1C in HEX language = 28 )

Sorry to dig up a year old topic, but I came across some more information that should be helpful.

As you know, I've been screwing around a lot trying to make different roms (just to mess around with the game for the sole purpose of messing around with the game).  I'm making a 20 rom team based mostly off of the 16 team rom I've been working on, but I found an issue on the preseason and team control screens that I was able to find a fix for.

Using the methods outlined in this thread, I was able to get everything the way I needed.  It seemed that the rom did not like having five teams in the AFC central, as I did not ever have this issue when there were four teams there.  No matter what I did with the hex x1f8b5 I couldn't keep a "]" looking character from appearing where Denver's text would be.  By changing x1e94d to x79, I was able to get rid of it on the team data screen only.  I then noticed some very similar strings of hex:

x1e345 to x1e362 -- affects the text position on the team control screen

x1e23f to x1e25c -- affects the text position on the preseason screen

I may be way off here, but just like the text at x1e943 it looks like each string of five bytes correlates to each division, with the first two bytes in each string seemingly being coordinates for the text.  For the team data screen, I subtracted x0A from the first byte corresponding to the AFC West and it made the character disappear. 

My issue was that messing with that first byte on the other two screens froze the game or caused wacky glitches.  Instead I had to change the second byte (I just added x0A) for the other two screens, and that took care of the issue.

Edited by adscl84

After removing teams, how do you adjust the remaining teams in order so that divisions are grouped together like they should be? I removed the BIlls, Bengals, Broncos and the Falcons and restored them in place of other teams so that I could eliminate the first and last teams in team rankings, but I'm having problems on the preseason and team control screens, especially with the cursor not starting off on the first team like it should be, which is now the Colts.

no cursor on preseason menu.png

no cursor on preseason menu 2.png

no cursor on team control menu.png

no cursor on team control menu 2.png