chekreyes

TTS III Champion: Regulator

So Jim Socks selects the stout Chicago Bears.  I contemplate for awhile and select Dallas.  I passed on Washington bc I figured I'd need some drone help with Anderson and Bailey's MS.  

5 picks in this game. Three by Tomczak (but one at the end) and two by Aikman.  After a quick score by the Bears and a pick by Aikman things were looking bad until Tomczak threw a pick.  I tie it up 7-7 get a stop and go up 14-7.  After another quick stop and 18 seconds left Aikman does some dodge, duck, dip, dive, and dodge and heaves one from bottom left to upper right and hits Jay Jay on a stooooopid last second hail mary in which he jumped across the goal line.  I actually felt bad when this happened was it was garbage in it's purest form.  Second half was a bit of back and forth and neither of us played to our capability.  I was simply able to out-tap and get some really lucky JJ's (all game) bc the Bear defense had my short receivers on lockdown.

Final

Diaz Cowboys 35

JimSocks Bears 14

GG Jimmy, see you at MW!

Vogtcd11 TAMPA BAY 17, Basement Nemesis CHIEFS 14

TPC wouldn't cooperate with me. I have the state but it wasn't uploading properly.

But the Chiefs put two scores on the board rather fast with -- to no surprise -- the feet (and muscle) of Okoye. KC takes 14-0 lead before the Buccaneers had even attempted to put any form of scoring threat into play. Other than a blocked field goal from 55 yards out. But on a botched kick off after the second score, the Vinny connects with a streaking Carrier for about a 50 yard score to make it 14-7 in favor of the Chiefs still. That is the score at the half. I get the ball at the half and drive far enough to boot a field goal to pull to within four with just over a quarter left to play. I force a punt in the fourth quarter, which is the start of my game-winning drive. That same drive saw a converted fourth-and-3 at around the 45 yard line of the Chiefs. Another streaking Carrier from about 30 yards -- and a nice pass from the Vinny -- puts the Bucs up for good, 17-14. The Chiefs drive to about the 50 with less than a minute to go, and a Lowery 60-yarder as time expires doinks off the left post.

Coach Vogt takes a drink of Coors Light with relief. A well-played game by both players. Either would have been deserving to advance. Great playing, Basement. I will see you later on in our Tecmo careers.

Here is the live broadcast, which is worth a watch:

>http://www.twitch.tv/vogtcd11/b/407071985

Edited by vogtcd11

Close game, FG at end hits the right post, but it looks like it coulda went in.

Kicker must of been in bad condition.

basement_fg_zpsf6567c0a.jpg

Edited by 8-bit

Vogtcd11 BRONCOS 28, Daboy CARDINALS 17

Good game, Jon. Cardinals went up 3-0 heading into the second quarter. Then Cardinals were hit with a plague of fumbles. Broncos used a couple tap tap tap-a-roos to break some Humphrey long runs, and scores. Daboy plays long ball the rest of the way, and Humphrey doesn't like that at all.

http://www.tecmoplayers.com/?page_id=72&game=65938

Edited by vogtcd11

Rd 4: http://www.tecmoplayers.com/?page_id=72&game=65973

Reg (GB) 23 over Stallltalk (Den) 17

I decided to forgo a FG at half time for a TD but was unsuccessful giving Stall the 14-7 lead at half. GB was able to hold Dend to just a FG in the 2nd half and took the game into OT. GB won the toss and took over 4 minutes for the game winning TD.

Majik in EXCELLENT; Humphrey in EXCELLENT; intense game.

GG Stall

I know it doesn't mean a damn thing, but I knew Regulator was going win this one and I shit you not the 1st 2. I was more sure about him winning this than the 1st 2 to be honest. I'll got out on a limb here. Regulator will win the next 10. I'm sure if you ask him nicely he will sit out of a couple. May be only way to have a different champion. Sick...

More sure about him winning the one where he was at a team disadvantage than in the ones where the teams were equal, huh? Makes sense. 

Edited by chekreyes

congrats kyle.  Well deserved 3 peat.  You have gone to the top of the list of guys I've ever played as probably the best.  Its just not tapping, you have evolved your game....using different defensive guys, being able to pass, all that stuff.  While some may disagree I played quite a few of guys in the nesticle era, and you would be able to hold your own and win plenty just like you do now.

Well done.

PS MR T he will NOT win the next 10.  If he plays in the next 10...this is tecmo, he will get tecmo'ed eventually..  I did really enjoy this format the best and like reg said, the cream of the crop still rose against adversity.

More sure about him winning the one where he was at a team disadvantage than in the ones where the teams were equal, huh? Makes sense. 

His skill is getting him through it. Yes it makes complete sense. You need to realize hes so above the rest as far as skill goes. I really felt he was going to even play harder. The bigger the challenge the better he is. Hes proven everytime. 0 excuses. Why?? Because he always wins. Just so damn good. Hes above the rest. There is a gap between him and the next guy. Not huge, but its a nice gap. So damn awesome.

congrats kyle.  Well deserved 3 peat.  You have gone to the top of the list of guys I've ever played as probably the best.  Its just not tapping, you have evolved your game....using different defensive guys, being able to pass, all that stuff.  While some may disagree I played quite a few of guys in the nesticle era, and you would be able to hold your own and win plenty just like you do now.

Well done.

PS MR T he will NOT win the next 10.  If he plays in the next 10...this is tecmo, he will get tecmo'ed eventually..  I did really enjoy this format the best and like reg said, the cream of the crop still rose against adversity.

I agree Canes with how awesome Kyle skills are. I get the whole tecmo thing to, but I really believe he will win them all. I just think hes that damn good.