ArkLaTex Tecmo 2012-2013 Rankings

A pretty good 4-way rivalry is going, with a little new blood in the mix.  We hope one day that ArkLaTex meets with the new Southeast and have The Battle of Vicksburg.

So the main players:  bgboud2, Jack, ashman, and chad

And the tournies breakdown of 2012-2013

SWLA IV

1) Jack

2) ashman

SWLA TBorg

1) Jack

2) bgboud2

ashman did not attend

Mud Bowl V

1) ashman

2) Jack

chad did not attend

Mud Bowl VI

1) bgboud2

2) ashman

Mud Bowl VII

1) Jack

2) ashman

bgboud2 and chad did not attend

SWLA V

1) bgboud2

2) ashman

And to the ranking

1) bgboud2

First Place:  Mud Bowl VI, SWLA V

Second Place:  SWLA TBorg

Early 2012 was not kind as after winning SWLA III in 2011 over Jack, I did not even make it to the championship.  I bounced back somewhat in the SWLA TBorg rom tournament to finish second, losing to Jack, but then had a third place finish in Mud Bowl V.  Mud Bowl VI was not looking good, but after two learly losses in a triple elim format, I cleaned house the rest of the way.  I missed out of Mud Bowl VII but took SWLA V over Ashman, who had handed me a loss earlier.

2) Jack

First Place:  SWLA IV, SWLA TBorg, Mud Bowl VII

Second Place:  Mud Bowl V

First off, Jack had a hell of a 2012 run, notably with an unbeaten run through SWLA IV and SWLA TBorg.  If this were 2011-2012 he'd be undisputed #1, but this is 2012-2013, and my first place finishes came with all the main players present, whereas two of his had some absences.  Still, for a non-online player beating me on an updated hacked rom was most impressive, though I will note it had a grapple hack which favored him a tad since I usually win the grapples.

3) ashman

First Place:  Mud Bowl V

Second Place:  SWLA IV, Mud Bowl VI, Mud Bowl VII, SWLA V

The only guy in Tecmo who owns a cinema and he's hosted the Mud Bowls there.  You may see his posts as Jimmy1996 since he's often too lazy, I guess, to change the login.  He won the major title of Mud Bowl V with all of the main players in attendance and has been a perennial runner up in the others.  He had an unbeaten run in SWLA V to get to the championship but then lost two games to me.  See my recap of SWLA V.  A Marino Royal may have affected his pscyhe for the second game of Bears Chiefs.

4) Chad

Well he has no first or second place finishes in these tournies, but is so close to a breakthrough.  I have more of a concern when I have to play him vs. Jack or ashman because his tapping can rise to the occasion.  His losses in SWLA V were in OT to ashman and to me where he got badly Tecmo'd, and he was the one to eliminate Jack.

6) Tommy, because he's a solid player who nearly beat sonofpatbeach when they attended SWLA II before I knew it existed.

7) Suicideking

A new guy to the ArkLaTex who has shown he will be a regular to live tournies; his two priors were in B'ham.  He was second place in the last B'ham tourney.

8 ) Sam, because he got in my head and took me out so bad in SWLA IV

9) Jimmy, because he's ashman's buddy and plays hard

10) Willyom because he's my best friend who could outtap the NES Max back in the day, who I showed Tecmo to, and made me hate Tecmo tapping.  He just doesn't play anymore.

11 but might as well be 100,000) Kweh and Twister and deuceloose and cesarcontreras and Nostalgia47

I have drank a lot of beer at this point.  They live in Texas or Louisiana.  Nos was a big player in the old days but I took him down in one ATA game.  Deuceloose and cesarcontreras were cool dudes of NTL/ETC who have since gone.  Kweh and Twister continue to beat their heads against the wall in non-hacked leagues.

Felize Cinco de Mayo

The T-shirt

558811_464036670345255_1844257203_n.jpg

and the players

164973_473442432738012_1450667074_n.jpg

Edited by bgboud2

Love the write up! 

It sucks to see David ahead of me knowing that I can beat him at will but somehow I have ended up on the losing twice against him.  Will not happen again. 

My sights are set on the trophy from here on and not just having fun, LOL!  I might even pull a Boudreaux and go outside and kick the curb, LOL!

Great job and congrats on another championship.

• 4 months later...