Youngstown, OH - 07/20/13 - 1st Annual Youngstown Tecmo Tourney

Sure everyone will be split up into equal groups you will then start group play and based how you finish ie. 3-0, 2-1, 0-3 you will then be place in the overall bracket play depending on how many people show up will determine if it's single or double elemination.

Dude I'm stoked your making the trip from Austin! Every Year we will hold it around the same time and I hope it gets bigger and better with each year! And I'm confirming it now we will have T-shirts for all tourney players!!!!!! I placed the order today!

I plan on bringing my laptop and a usb audio/sound splicer that will connect from the Nintendo to my computer so that we can live stream at least one TV the whole tournament. I will do color commentary, interviews and keep the audience updated as we go. I hope to convince EL TECMO, as the tourney narrows down, we have the "Big Games" played on that specific TV.

The channel will be aired on www.twitch.tv/mwtecmo

Edited by vogtcd11

I think posting the list is the best idea.

You can also let people know that you expect the tournament to be streamed LIVE online at www.twitch.tv/mwtecmo. Barring internet issues, equipment malfunctions, etc. Yadda Yadda. Always want to give the audience a sense that we will do the best we can. Also, considering I haven't the slightest clue on the tourney equipment setup, WiFi, and things of that nature.

Edited by vogtcd11

I think posting the list is the best idea.

You can also let people know that you expect the tournament to be streamed LIVE online at www.twitch.tv/mwtecmo. Barring internet issues, equipment malfunctions, etc. Yadda Yadda. Always want to give the audience a sense that we will do the best we can. Also, considering I haven't the slightest clue on the tourney equipment setup, WiFi, and things of that nature.

I can get you off of xsplit and onto OBS at the tourney too...it's better imo

You can pay at odonalds Irish pub in austintown Ohio if local otherwise it will be pay at the door. Next year I'm working on a website similar to the vogts Midwest website. This year we are just getting our feet off the ground expect a great event though, the years to come I expect a bigger and better event

I can get you off of xsplit and onto OBS at the tourney too...it's better imo

Yeah. Whatever works better or is easiest. I hope to get there early enough that Saturday to have it all set up. We would more than likely be leaving at around 6 a.m. to get there at 9:30 a.m. ... So we could hope to knock that out. I'm looking for tourney announcers as well. I will control the helm, but would need some help when I'm playing. No garbage talk either. Decent, respectable announcing about the featured game on the live stream. I only work with professionalism.

Edited by vogtcd11

Well like you mentioned before depending on the internet situation (could we get an update on this perchance?) then a lot of things will need to be tweaked. If you hit me up before Youngstown (I really should write a guide...) then we can get the software side ironed out.

I'd also like to see that victim entry list. (Who am I kidding, I haven't played on a console in almost 10 years)

Ok folks here is a up to date list of offical players for my tourney

Joe k

Kevin H

christopher H

John Y

john r

Russell S AKA Kweh

Mike N

Andrew L

Joey V

Matt V Congrads on the marrage last weekend!

Chris V

Jimmy V

Mort B (As seen on NFL FILMS) 

Louis B

Jeff M + 1

Ryan S

David S

Dale G

Ed G

John C + 1

Andy H

Heather R

James W

Christian R

Stacie L

Brittany "Squeaks" M

Chris C

Garrett C

Greg M

Kristen L

Lyndsay P

Mike C

Tammy H

John "EL Tecmo" B

Please Add:

Vincent Nicotera and Jeffery Fishel to the list that puts us right at 40 people with a little over a month to go!!!! please spread the word i know Erie PA has some good talent would love for those folks to make the short drive over!!!!

• 2 weeks later...

Contemplating. Tough convincing the wife for two straight weekends and a lot of miles on the SUV.

I know I wish I had a vacation week in-between the two tournanments!!!! Next year I hope someone does a tourney the week before  Madison (like knobbe's nebraksa tourney that I've always wanted to go to!!!!)

Aww hell stuff just got real the Regulator might be joining US not gonna lie it would be fantastic if ya came Kyle we are right around 50 with a ton of interested people still out there!!??? And as for Lou I'm thinking about having my tourney in June next year as to not interfere with the Midwest one!

Awesome Mr Ruble! I hope you can convince her it will be a great time!!!!!! Like I mentioned we still are getting sign ups every day! It's shaping up to be a very competitive tourney!!!!!