Youngstown, OH - 07/20/13 - 1st Annual Youngstown Tecmo Tourney

As some of you have heard through the grape vine we are bringing Tecmo to the Rust Belt of Youngstown

It will be Held on July 20th, 2013 At Odonald's Irish Pub: 6000 Mahoning Ave, Youngstown Ohio 44515

The Cost will be 25.00 with some of the proceeds going to Children with MRDD (Fairhaven Foundation) I am currently looking into T-shirts for all players. (more to come on that)

We will use the Standard Madison Tecmo Rules

We will have door prizes, 50/50 Raffle as well as some cool NFL/Tecmo Related Items.

First Place will recieve $100.00 As well as the Championship Rust Belt!!!  2nd will Recieve $50.00 3rd will Recieve @25.00

*****I am also personally putting a bounty On Mort for $50.00. This means is who ever knocks Mort Buennagel from Buffalo, NY will be handed 50 BUCKS!!!!!!******

I am expecting a large turnout so we will accept 100 players. You can pre register by replying to this post or send myself an E-mail at [email protected]. We will allow walk in registration providing we are not at max capacity of 100 people. I am also on facebook John EL Tecmo Barhoover.

Special Guest::: 3 Time Probowl Cleveland Browns Cornerback Hanford "TOP DAWG" Dixon will be there!

I will post More On the Prize Details as the event draws closer! So come Visit the "YO" and have a Great time with some great people!

--John "EL Tecmo" Barhoover--

post-11186-0-69220400-1367451892_thumb.p

Im getting alot of local interest for this event i would like to get some out-of-towners as well its going to be a great event!!!!!!!!!!!!! Hey mort your name is is making the rounds locally every one i speak to says they are going to win the $50.00 Bounty!!!! Ryan where ya coming from? also please spread the word around thanks guys, Tecmo Legend your more than welcome to come where you at now that you left the Bula????

Well next year I'm working on a tsb brown being here but Hanford was in the original tecmo you could always bring that also tecmo ninja what's your info so I can put you in the book!

You know what? I might use this as an excuse to visit the family. I'll let you know.

EDIT: Looking at flights and they're immensely cheaper on Saturday. What time would this start?

Edited by Kweh

Im good on the rules but the whats the format? madison was forced to use 8man double elimination groups with 2 players from each group advancing to the round of 56. As kevin C. knows They used that format because of the 224 entries they had.  Madison's format only guarentees players 2 games. Other options are 4man groups followed by single or double elimination or random triple elimination. Sorry mr. "El tecmo" dont mean to bug ya (i figure you can pull it off) but i dont want go another tourney like the one in NJ (nintendoleague.com) (who stiffed our buffalo tourney w/ no warning) where the guy didnt even have his group play sheets ready and Erik "Arcoenm" M.  and Brian R. of NYC basically took over and ran his tourney.  If you want we could email you some nice group play sheets...running and organzing an tourney is hard work. Much props to you for putting it on... Also we will bring two tv's and two nes systems.

Edited by red98sethuthut