Cullman, AL - 06/15/13 - Wrath of the Buttons (Southeastern Tecmo Open)

AFC vs. NFC match up is just an exhibition game between Group Play Offensive/ Defensive MVP's ... The game will be held before tournament play begins for all to see ... Winner gets a prize ... The playbooks for this game will be selected by myself ... again just a fun game for everyone to drink and beer and watch

Early Predictions for the Wrath Tourney:

Looks like we have some well oiled new comers in the field. They will need to prove their Tecmo tenacity in Alabama though.

Early Predictions:

BgBoud: 2-1 early favorite due to his prior tournament experience. Over confidence and his angry play could get him in trouble.

3-1-odds

BamaTecmo: seems like a crowd favorite and an old school solid Tecmo Player. Does BamaTecmo still have it even though he has yet to show up for either tourney in AL? Can he shake the rust off?

Jimmy1996--seems very legit. no idea what he brings to the table but chances are good he makes the Final 4

Cricket- coming off a TITLE RUN in the Magic City Meltdown Tourney to take home all the glory. Will be very hard to Repeat and not have a melt down.

Rabbi: Won the last tourney at this location to take home the crown at the 1st N. AL TSB Tourney. Currently sitting in 1st place in the SEC Tecmo Rankings. FG's are his worst nightmare.

Suicide King: Experience and practice on SK side entering this tournament. After being bounced in the 1st round of the NATSB, he came back with revenge in the Meltdown tournament only to fall to Cricket in the title game. Can SK make the trip all the way from cajun country and take a title out of the state of AL?

5-1 Odds:

Trent Tracker: Tracker is due to have a good tournament showing after getting bounced in the Final 4 and 1st round in the first 2 SETA tourneys. His practice and hardwork could payoff dividends. Odds are against him since he is running the tournament. Will he be focused?

Clint: Was on fire early in the NATSB tournament only to get whipped in the final 4. Had a close one in the Meltdown tourney in the final bracket as well. He can hang with the best, but odds could be against him as he will be running the tournament with Tracker. Focus could be an issue.

7-1 Odds:

Green Majik: Had a good showing in the 1st NATSB tourney and probably has been wearing his thumbs out to have a better showing come 6/15

JULZ: Hopefully Julz will do less talking with his mouth and more talking with his play come 6/15. probably went back to the drawing board after his Meltdown on 4/20.

9-1:

Tyler: If Tyler Lays off the booze, he could be a force with his tapping skills. Yet to prove he's worthy of final 4 material.

Field: 10-1.

PLACE YOUR BETS.

Edited by Rabbi Shmuley

I honsetly think the winner of this tournament will be the person who catches the breaks ... could be tough and we are getting better down here in the south ... NATSB Tracker would get an ass kicking from WOB Tracker but still have a long way to go to be Elite

Wrath of the Buttons Current Story Lines

Can't talk about the Wrath Open without first talking about the fact that BgBoud will be entering his first SETA Tournament. BGB is no doubt one of the best Tecmo players in the country. His resume will back that up, BGB made the Final 8 in Madison this year and has a solid winning % on the TPC. No wonder BGB is exteremly confident that he will walk all over the field come June 15.

Ashman will be car pooling with the BGB in hopes of redemption from the beat down he took in the SWLA Championship game. Ashman also seems confident he will bash his way to another meeting with BGB in this SETA Open.

Also will Bama Tecmo finally show? Nobody knows but BGB seems to think if he does his road to glory maybe a lot tougher. Still waiting on BamaTecmo to RSVP

Still no love lost between Julz and Cricket. Julz seems to think he can handle Cricket in their next meeting and wanted nothing more than for Cricket to show up tomorrow for Tecmo practice. Cricket has pulled out of practice for undisclosed reasons. Is this strategy nobody knows but one things for sure Julz will be waiting wfor Cricket in Group play.

Eddie Eyefull is going with his drinking beer and eating large amounts of Mexican food for his Open training. The field is hoping Eddie will have at least a little group play competition this time. Eddie has seem to get favorable groups so far in 2013 but this Open will see a rival Green Majik match up in Eddies group making his road to the Elite Tournament at least a little more rocky than in past events

Certain Rival Games for Wrath

Cricket vs. Julz

Eddie Eyefull vs. Green Majik

Trent Tracker vs. Al Burns

Possible Rival Games

Seth vs SuicideKing

Seth vs Cricket

Trent Tracker vs Jason Payne

BgBoud vs Ashman

(These rival games are not certain they could only happen during tournament play)

Never said I would walk over everbody.  Nor wll I say I'm one of the best in the country...but I will say that in Madison it has taken a top 3 finisher, in my three trips, to knock me out of brackets.

And if BamaTecmo shows up, that is the best rivalry game...

Edited by bgboud2

Still keep me in mind for the Wrath, seems like things might fall in my favor for making the Wrath. I would love to get a crack at Crickett again but I would rather it be in the tournament setting where more is on the table. I think Seth and I are THE premier rivalry to date in SETA with us meeting the round of 8 in consecutive tournaments and splitting the wins. Will new rivalries form? I am sure of it, but Seth and I have the best rivalry going in SETA at the moment.

Never said I would walk over everbody.  Nor wll I say I'm one of the best in the country...but I will say that in Madison it has taken a top 3 finisher, in my three trips, to knock me out of brackets.

And if BamaTecmo shows up, that is the best rivalry game...

No you never said you were one of the best in country but your 2013 Madison showing proves that you are

Looking forward to having you and Ashman and hoping for Chad as well

Updated SETA Rules for the Wrath of the Buttons (below is the updated rules to download)

Notable changes

Lineup changes can be made at anytime in game AND conditions can be checked at anytime

OT rules .. If a second OT is played the person who lost the coin toss in the first OT receives the ball in the 2nd ... In the 1st and 2nd OT's TD's must be scored to for the win during each players first possession. Which means if each player has the ball .. the first player throws an INT and the second player then punts the first player can then end the game with a FG

TE's and WR's can be interchanged 

Coin Toss Winners cannot defer they must pick the match up

2013 SETA Rules.docx

OT rules .. If a second OT is played the person who lost the coin toss in the first OT receives the ball in the 2nd ... In the 1st and 2nd OT's TD's must be scored to for the win during each players first possession. Which means if each player has the ball .. the first player throws an INT and the second player then punts the first player can then end the game with a FG

WAT....while i like the concept, seems like something i might forget in the heat of the moment