Cullman, AL - 06/15/13 - Wrath of the Buttons (Southeastern Tecmo Open)

LB1 on FG is over powered and cheap .. its basically lurching on FG so we done away it

We done away with DL to keep any problems arising from lurching

OT rule is balanced and fair ... just make sure you know the rules and if your not sure ask an official we will be happy to help

Looking forward to it man should be a very good tournament

I think Trent Tracker should step up his game and use the standard Madison Rules.

I also disagree about using LB1.. Bears for instance... Most people would use Mike Singletary, so what's the advantage? Only a handful of LB1's make a huge difference in FB blocking, which is part of the game.

I also like being able to put RB at WR and vice versa as long as you can't run the ball with a WR. Allows you to make the most of your team in some instances.

Not being able to use a DL is also bogus in my opinion. 

The Madison rules are the best IMO at the moment and the way the game should be played.

Come on SETA! Let's get with the program here.

I also like being able to put RB at WR and vice versa as long as you can't run the ball with a WR. Allows you to make the most of your team in some instances.

I recently watched a Tecmo video on youtube in which someone put Bears RB1 Neal Anderson as WR1. My mouth watered as Anderson zoomed accross the screen burning the CB/S every time! Too bad I won't be able to try this tecnique at the Wrath of the Buttons, but I do appreciate how the tournament has its own unique set of rules.

7-1 Odds:

Green Majik: Had a good showing in the 1st NATSB tourney and probably has been wearing his thumbs out to have a better showing come 6/15

While I wish I could claim a higher rank, 7-1 seems like a fair assessment. I was able to defeat my opponent in the win-in game at the last Cullman tournament, but I choked when a chance to make it to the final four was on the line. Haven't been wearing out my thumbs so much as my eyes watching Tecmo tournament videos and obsorbing all the game stategies I can.

Just a warning: I will be bedecked with some legitimate gameday swag for the Wrath.

dang i didn't even notice the RBs not playing WR stuff

i can live with the overtime thing and no DL use no 4th man down blocking kicks but all the substitution rules seem excessive

i prefer it simply being only RBs can run the ball

Edited by bgboud2

I was wondering - can I use Roy Green on Proehl's reverse play?

Roy Green, Ernie Jones & JT Smith are all fair game, but no Johnny Johnson or you might get paddled!

Anyone who has a reverse in their gameday playbook, much less actually calls one, gets a pat on the back from Green Majik.

If everyone wants use to go to Madison rules then we can do it ... I just tried to balance the game a little more ... not much balance in FG's when your playing KC and DT blocks an extra point but if everyone wants it then I will change it up today.

Rule Change 1 for Wrath of the Buttons

·        Customizing playbooks is permissible. You can access your playbook before each game. Checking the conditions of players or substitutions can be checked anytime during a game. You can interchange TE’s and WR’s  or put RB’s in the WR slot if you chose too. IMPORTANT: This game has a work around for a WR at a RB position. If you are playing with a team that has 4 WR(WASH, HOU. ATL or PHX maybe one or two more?). The top WR will act as a running back (top WR does not mean you best WR simply the top one in the lineup position). So this means you could have a WR in a RB slot. We are going to correct this by saying. If you plan on running the ball AT ALL with that position you MUST put a RB in for that WR slot. Simply put if you are planning to treat that position like a RB position then you must substitute accordingly. 

NO WR or TE's can RUN THE BALL but you can put a WR or TE at a RB position for BLOCKING PURPOSES ONLY 

Rule change 2 for Wrath of the Buttons

4th man down on FG's will be allowed

Rule change 3 for Wrath of the Buttons

Defensive Lineman will be in use for this tournament however you CANNOT Blitz with a DL 

Hope these rules changes appeases everyone's wishes 

Look forward to seeing you guys June 15th

Hey Ashman needs to send in his RSVP form ... I sent it to him by email so I hope he got it(if not maybe he will read this or you can holla at him to make sure) ... looking like we will have a good turnout provided we do not have a bunch of dropouts ... Also BamaTecmo is still missing

$150.00 worth/11 total of Awards to be won June 15th 

Gonna be a blast 

I have to officiallly drop out of the tournament......Baby will be born tomorrow and next weekend is a little bit too soon to leave the new addition to the family. Hope the tournament goes well as it always does with the SETA guys behind it.  Keep me posted via twitter on results.

Good Luck to all

Hey Track, maybe you might be able to get the live feed on twitch for the final 8 games. Just hoping to see the Championship game

We will have something even if its a replay ... the only draw back to Chesely Oaks is they have zero inter service inside the banquet hall ... 2014 Championship will be live for all to see ... and unfortunately I had to buckle to pressure to change our rules to Madison rules ... however I thought our rules made for a more balanced game but what do I know they've been doing this for a decade so probably a good idea to follow their lead but anyway bore congrats to you and your family hope all goes well and best wishes from all us here in Alabama