Centralia, WA - 6/30/13 - The 2nd Annual Pacific Northwest Tecmo Championship (PNWTC-2)

manYo

I like the idea but I hate carrying things of any nature unless it's a beer. As long as they can fit in a pocket I wouldn't mind it.

A potential problem with transferring is that people could keep vetoing and passing tokens back and forth until they landed on a specific match they liked.

• 2 weeks later...

I played quite a few match ups against a buddy of mine this weekend, using the match up cards and dice. It was really great. Excited to use this format @ PNWT.

What do you think about mixing up how the match-up lay out? Right now, the first dice roll completely determines the "tier" of the match-up - i.e. - rolling a 1 with the first die is means two great teams, a 6 means two horrible ones. I can't lie, there was something cool about watching that number and knowing about where you would stand talent wise, but I also think it might be cool if, say, there was a match-up from each tier on the first die "1" slot, etc, and it made it more random.

Not a criticism at all, just an idea.

I played quite a few match ups against a buddy of mine this weekend, using the match up cards and dice. It was really great. Excited to use this format @ PNWT.

What do you think about mixing up how the match-up lay out? Right now, the first dice roll completely determines the "tier" of the match-up - i.e. - rolling a 1 with the first die is means two great teams, a 6 means two horrible ones. I can't lie, there was something cool about watching that number and knowing about where you would stand talent wise, but I also think it might be cool if, say, there was a match-up from each tier on the first die "1" slot, etc, and it made it more random.

Not a criticism at all, just an idea.

1291131680_two-thumbs-up.jpg

I'll mix them up sometime soon.

Edited by manYo

i hear ya, i put you on the roster...... and yes, gonick signed up, but he said he cannot guarantee it yet.  Unfortunately only 15 signed up so far.  Will get out and advertise to drum this up sometime in next 3 weeks or so.  I'm dead set on getting 32 for tourney's sake.  It's hard to pull numbers in Centralia, obviously..... not too many local n00bs.  If I fail to get 32, then I'd be willing to let someone else put on PNWTC-3 next year somewhere else, maybe Portland?  We'll see how it goes, I'm still hopeful.

also this bit of breaking news: TB King and Chalky cannot make it to tourney if it is on Saturday.  I would like to explore moving it to Sunday, June 30.  I will e-mail everyone who has signed up thus far, and please let me know ASAP if such a schedule change would create a conflict for you.  I would like to do anything possible to help these guys out, for they are strong with the tecmo spirit, as we know.  But if it's too much trouble, then so be it.  So let me know once you get the e-mail if it works or not, that way I can contact the establishment to see if it's okay to move it as well, as the final step.

mahalo

I'm still on the hoping list for this one.

Wife wants to go to Seattle, so I told her about a perfect weekend in June to go when I can make a stop outside of seattle first.  Its 700 miles away from us, but with a good sack of herbal and 2 of us driving thats no farther than the Vegas trip I make each year.

Prolly a long shot still, but I'm sure hoping I can make it (sat or sunday wouldnt make a difference for me).

Wife wants to go to Seattle, so I told her about a perfect weekend in June to go when I can make a stop outside of seattle first.  Its 700 miles away from us, but with a good sack of herbal and 2 of us driving thats no farther than the Vegas trip I make each year.

Prolly a long shot still, but I'm sure hoping I can make it (sat or sunday wouldnt make a difference for me).

hoping you make it too... plenty of herbals to go around up here.

So basically what you're saying is you'll be there

Only heard back from 3 people so far about the date switching from 29th to 30th (ty kamp, randy and grip), and they're all okay with it.  Gonna set a deadline of Wed. 5/15 to receive any negative feedback..... if any is received, the date probably stays at the 29th.  Once Wed. rolls around, I'll ask the establishment manager for final okay, and hope to get back to you all by Friday 5/17.  If all goes green for the 30th at that time, then you can assume that TB King will be back on these boards talking mad trash for this event, that much is guaranteed.

I replied - did you not get it?

It was SUUUUUUUPER negative.

8-)

No, it's cool. I can make Sunday work, I was just hopeful for Saturday so I could experience this Centrailia night life, with chip shots and all.

You can still do it. Pre funk in Centralia on Satday, tourney rolling on Sunday.

HEY..........What are all these lazy Hawaiians' doin' on this thread!!!!?  Ha hA Ha!!!!!  ...............Chalky says he's in, and I just got the Monday and Tuesday off after the Tourney (July 1st & 2nd)...........I'm ready for this sh!t Manyo...gimme the word, and I'ma sign the contract.  @ Ted, don't worry.......chip shots rome on Sundays too!

It'd be good for you to see what some better RBs in the game can do. Expand your horizons TB!

That'd be nice.............................BUT THERE IS NO BETTER RUNNING BACK!!!  Hell......If I don't get Johnny, I'ma start passing!!!!!!!!!  (But I know I'ma be them once cuzz I get a special magical Phoenix token!!!)............With a magical runningback, & a magical token, there's no way things can't go perfect for me.....Infact, there might be so much fucc!n magic flyin' around that Randy might get dizzy and slip on some of the spilt beer outta Gripsmokes' pint, causing him to sprain both of his thumbs!!!.....hence causing a chain reaction of elite teams such as the 49ers and the Oilers catching a severe case of 'Low tier team fumbeitis', but where only the Cardinals and the Colts can recover the ball!!!.....................................Yup!........sounds plausable to me. 

That'd be nice.............................BUT THERE IS NO BETTER RUNNING BACK!!! 

You don't even have to take off your crimson colored glasses to see that AT LEAST Bo and Barry are better (not to mention every 63ms back as well).

I may as well be arguing with a wall...