Interesting fact about Marcus Allen

kingsoby1

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think what j dawg meant was that Jeff George hasn't saved many asses in his career.

Right.

I agree that his '99 season was great, but it just sounds strange to hear someone say that "Jeff George saved our asses".

And I don't think anyone ever questioned his talent. His heart is a different story, though.

thats a very good article moose. and its 'sum' not some.

Honestly I never saw Cunningham all that much in his prime. I just remember watching the playoff games where he sucked and/or got benched (except for one game against New Orleans I think where they actually won).

The '98 season, I don't know how much that weighs. Like others have pointed out, Jeff George succeeded mightily in that offense too. Joey Harrington probably would have had a hard time bringing that juggernaut to a halt. Sure I enjoyed watching Randall chuck 65 yard lobs up to a single-covered Randy Moss, but does that seal the deal on a hall of fame career?

I guess I'll have to leave it up to the people who saw him play to decide.

In regards to QB Eagles. . .

I'm not savy enough about all time NFL QB's to know whether he deserves to be in Canton, but I just hope his ability to run isn't made into a negative. The ability to run and throw is a rarity. A yard is a yard. It might be interesting to see his career yards ranking climb if you combine running and passing yards for every QB.

Personally I hope he makes it. Even if only for Tecmo reasons. . .

• 11 months later...

all this Emmitt Smith bashing needs to stop immediatley yall sound like anti-cowboy fans to me the #'s speak for themselves Emmitt shook players out there shoes he bounced off multiple tacklers & is a part of some of the most amazing runs in football history if your gonna judge him on skill do it properlly without inputing your hatred for the man in there cause he dominated against "your favorite team" emmitt stepped up in big games when major defenses were calling him out saying things like "he aint gonna have no 100 yard game on us" then he rips that defense apart & has a 200 yard game he is a NFL MVP winner, Super Bowl MVP Winner, owner of 3 Super Bowl rings & the "All Time Rushing Champion" the only runningback in history to put up 1,400 yards in 5 conescutive seasons the 1st runningback to put up 11 1,000 yard seasons he had 175 TD's in his career taking away Emmitt's credit at his position is like saying Jerry Rice is overated Steve Smith is much greater GTFOH

what a warrior.

Now you sound like George Steinbrenner.

BTW, Tiki Barber is a better back than Curtis Martin, but that doesn't mean Martin is bad, just that he's been consistent and has had longevity. If you asked me today or in their prime who I would rather have, I'd say Tiki Barber. I'd rather have Curtis Martin at his worst than Tiki at his worst.

Just re-reading this old thread. Tiki at his worst would be on the bench. Curtis at his worst would have knee surgery at halftime and still have a hundred yard game. :P But in their prime, yeah Tiki is better.

• 4 weeks later...

Marcus Allen won the heisman, Superbowl MVP, League MVP, Various Pro Bowls, Tons of Rushing TDS, was known as an awesome receiver/3rd down back/ great blocker/ awesome goal line back, Hung out with OJ / Put up with Al Davis's shit / Brodcaster for cbs / yeah hes a hall of famer--imo the thurman thomas of the 80s with average/better than average Raider teams.

and oh yeah he blocked for Bo