Tecmo With TSB Ratings

thalivest

While I was over at tecmobowl-vs-rbi.com I think I may have figured something out. How to put certain Tecmo ratings in terms of TSB #'s.

For instance....

B. Jackson - Max 11, Ini 4, Accl 3

Payton - Max 10, Ini 3 , Accl 4

Now: Max = MS,  Initial = RS, Accl = RP

You would get....

B. Jackson - RS 69, RP 19, MS 69

Payton - RS 63, RP 25, MS 63

The formula was simple....

Every rating point in Tecmo = one notch in TSB so....

11 Tecmo = 69 TSB

10 Tecmo = 63 TSB

9 Tecmo = 56 TSB

.... and so on.

For Initial vs. RS it's a little different. According to..

http://www.gamefaqs.com/nes/587686-tecmo-super-bowl/faqs/44195

RS and MS when RS is 7 notches higher. Therefore...

63 MS = 19 RS

69 MS = 25 MS

....and so on.

So if Bo's initial is 4 you would add 7 notches making it 11 which equates to 69 in TSB Terms. Although the acceleration rating works out slower in terms on RP in TSB.

As far as Special = PS using parameters would loosely give...

14 Tecmo = 81 TSB (Marino)

13 Tecmo = 75 TSB (Elway, Montana)

12 Tecmo = 69 TSB

11 Tecmo = 63 TSB

10 Tecmo = 56 TSB

NOTE: I have not figured out power ratings for offensive players, and Special is based on QB's pass speed according to Brad.

Regarding defensive players. Well all defensive are much faster than offensive players regardless of ratings in TSB. If an offensive and defensive player both have MS of 56, the def. player will be much faster. Tecmo actually represents this in its ratings. Fastest offensive players - Bo at 11 and Payton, Dickerson and Rice at 10. While defensive players LT and Lott are 18. And others at 18 with many more at 16 and 15. The slowest def. player is around 12.

Again according to game FAQs in TSB a def. playerwhose MS is 6 is still faster than a off. player whose MS is 100.

These are not 100% accurate, but was hoping to draw some kind of parallel between players of both games to make understanding ratings between both games a little easier.

Again according to game FAQs in TSB a def. playerwhose MS is 6 is still faster than a off. player whose MS is 100.

I believe you can think of defense MS as 100+MS

Thus, defensive 6MS = 106 MS for an offensive player

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Interesting thread. It's something I've tossed sound in my head, but I think the thing that stops this from being feasible would be that tb is more about a few key players with the rest at minimums. I think complete transform of TSB would stack teams.

We're better off rerating 91 tb from the ground up. That could be a fun project.

This was just something I noticed as I had spent a little time looking/analyzing stats from both games. Like I said, it's not 100% accurate, and I still had not figured out the correlation between power and def. player stats. It was just a way of putting Tecmo (#'s wise) in TSB terms, as some may be more familiar with one than the other. Kind of a loose way to translate speed from 9,10,11 in terms of 56,63,69 for example.

Actually I would like to see how TSB (SNES/Genesis) or even TSB II/III with....

-SF (Young, Rice, Watters, Taylor, Deion)

-DAL (Emmitt, Aikman, Irvin, Novacek)

-BUF (Thurman, Kelly, Reed, Smith, Bennett)

-HOU (Moon, Jeffries, Hill, Givens)

would translate to the original Tecmo. Other than the players mentioned I would like to see how Barry Sanders would play on Tecmo Bowl.

Edited by thalivest