Fairfield, OH - 07/27/13 - 2013 Midwest Tecmo Super Bowl Tournament

vogtcd11

Congrats to BigMv who took down Regulator in a 6-3 thriller in OT, DAL over PIT for the #MWTecmoVI title! @ocoole did the live audio broadcast on twitch, while twitter updates from throughout the day can be found @tecmodell42. Congratulations BigMv!

I believe we started the Randy Fairfield cult following, or should I say "DB Club" (anybody can read between the lines to figure out what DB means.)  I'm glad that Randy was able to make an appearance in his own personal town of Fairfield, OH for the tournament.  For those who didn't get to see the live stream, this was just a sample of how he made an impact on the Midwest Tecmo Tournament when he said, "If were I going to Midwest, I would win that too."  

1017736_535026296553166_938294668_n.jpg

It's amazing what quotes you can come up with to put on his own personalized signs when there is a collection of people who have heard the diarrhea flow from the gums for years.  Other quotes that made appearances:  "Randy loves Bradbears - giGGles" / "I deserved that" / "Jenny Craig" / "El Oh Ellard" / and many others.  They were such a hit, I was requested to bring one for EVERY contestant next year!!!!!  

Thanks again for your presence Randy, you're an inspiration to.... well, nobody at that tournament.  Told ya you'd be at Midwest  ;)

Man oh man how pathetic is online tecmo when stuff like this is actually turning up at live tournaments. Pretty pathetic for the record. You should actually be embarrassed by all this for the record. Taking an online tecmo feud to the real world is tasteless and what is actually wrong with the world today. I'm sorry Brad I'm calling it how it is. You can come on and knock me all you want, but what you did is beyond immature and ignorant.

Man oh man how pathetic is online tecmo when stuff like this is actually turning up at live tournaments. Pretty pathetic for the record. You should actually be embarrassed by all this for the record. Taking an online tecmo feud to the real world is tasteless and what is actually wrong with the world today. I'm sorry Brad I'm calling it how it is. You can come on and knock me all you want, but what you did is beyond immature and ignorant.

I don't know where to begin.  Vin, you're an asshole.  Learn to have a little fun sometimes Methuselah.

Eric you're 110% wrong here sir. If you believe what he did was right you need to talk to someone not in the tecmo arena. That was very immature and uncalled for. How would you feel if someone did that to you and slandered you in public? Don't tell me you would accept that and take it as a joke. That was wrong in so many ways.

So much is lost in translation on these guys that don't attend...

Lost in translation? Why would anyone in the right mind attend a live tourney when you have guys acting like 14 year olds? This has to do with maturity. A grown man is going around acting like a child in public to me is silly. I mean fine do your thing online, but to take it to the public is pathetic. You can chop it up any way you want. A live event should be about enjoying the game we love and meeting the guys who play the game. Not about slandering someone in public you have no clue about.

So much is lost in translation on these guys that don't attend...

That statement summarizes it all...   you have no idea where this idea even originated.   Plus, it's not slander when you open your own mouth to exactly what he said.  He talked smack, we talked back plain & simple.  He's a big boy, let him take care of it.

Edited by bradbears81

I know how you work Brad and it's silly, but I'm shocked you're the same person in public. This is probably why I'll never go to a live event because of scumbags in their 30's who act like 14 year olds and think everything is Lost In Translation. Don't you have kids? Or want any? You're the example they will follow? My gosh this world is really becoming Idiocracy. Enjoy being the best at tecmo Hozy.. Pathetic...

>http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qkPGlVqqEP0

I believe this forum is for guys to voice there rants and/or frustration about there his/her tournaments play not some growing online fued tween "callmefair" and "bradbears". Lousy tecmo gods have it in me for me so im going copy randy's playing style and go for all the garbage I can in every game.  hell maybe ill invest in his tecmo book school lol. I demand tecmo,, loose women and beer in that order. lousy ickey woods....lousy james brooks....lousy bbungals.  im more concered about the "ickeywood/james brooks" fumbletios ive caught in Madison that's festered in last 3 games in separate tourney games when I played with the dreaded "cant hold on to damn ball" bungals.

My Games IN Fairfield ohio tourney:

Group play game1 w 28-10 hou vs cin vs workman. I played a rookie who gave me Houston...I pressed "b" a lot....I thought there was a scoring cap so let of the gas so didn't embarres the guy. This was mistake since fair didn't use the standard 28pt cap rule...lead too me getting a 11 seed

Group play game 2 W 21-7 den vs dallas vs Aj F. of Fairfield ohio...After a scoreless half...(I made some mistakes in the first half) vs the webmaster of mwtecmo.com....I turned it on in the 2nd half to win

Group play game 3 w 17-10 vs Luke Carlberg of Omaha Nebraska...I call chi/kc....he takes kc....bears jump out 14 halftime lead running and mixing up passes. I got a lttile too conservative and 2nd half but held on to the lead vs a very tough player.

Bracket Play...I go 3-0 in group play and draw the 11 seed...my region was tough with both mort and dt who came with me. Also bigmv. and toney "#eatshitorenga was in this bracket...

Rd of 64...w a lot to a lttle forgot the teams

rd 32 L 13-17 Cin vs Chi vs ??? of Fairfield ohio...I called matchup and made the mistake of putting cincy in the matchup. he took the bears. I kickoff....I hold him to a long fg...I go nice drive but he calls my play and I have settle for tieing fg. I stop em....he punts. First play of drive...James brooks fumbles he scoops and scores for 10-3 chi lead. I get ball back and tie the game before half. I get ball at half...we exchange punts...I get ball back in 4th I settle for an fg.. passed up 4th 3 cuz I thought I shut down for sure on defense. up 13-10...on 3rd down near midfield he throws up an jj to ron morris and he beats the seconday for an 17-13 lead. And just like in Madison ickey woods fumbles another kick return onsuing kickoff. with a min left I force and int...im like wehere hell was this pick on last drive but do last chance for some magic. but im not mort...the jj was picked off.

ty vogtcd11, aj f., and ahake for running a great tourney...Congrats to bigmv...congrats to reg for winning the best of best jj contest vs holzy11 . it was great seeing everybody again. Nice seeing david fuclher in person. sorry bout my ickey woods/ james brooks rant. damn tecmo gods

best quote of tourney: The two brothas gambling on games with "flo" keeps calling chet "suga" before holzy makes a play!!!

wildest game of tourney: RyanStewart of Columbus vs Mort...mort pulls off a 11 pt 4th qtr comeback game with signature hail mary jj to johny Johnson over mcmillian...to hold off the upset bid..Note: ryan got a hail maryy game winning jj in the same matchup last year at the exact station as last yr vs me in last years cincy tourney

best tourney moment: Seeing david fulcher man up himself in game of tecmo and beat Houston badl!!!

best tecmo couple: kevin c. of ohio and his girlfriend ...she won the ladies tourney

Tourney MVP: Jj's

Tourney Goat: Captian Obivous...Bungals

Edited by red98sethuthut

If only someone else there besides chris had spent the same amount of time trying to fix the video stream/internet connection as went into making those Randy cards (sarcasm).  I laughed a little at the first few then the joke got old much like Randy's in game antics sometimes do. 

I definitely know the bitrate on the stream could have gone a fair amount lower. I just tested it at 100kbps  (twice old school dial up speed) and it looks way more blocky at times than what was being broadcasted. I understand the stream is a LOW priority compared to the actual event but if one person could have answered what the stream rate was maybe we could have set it even lower and fixed it so people could have seen more of the actual great games that occurred. 

I called HOU/GIA and he took GIA.  I actually felt I had a good game play-calling wise on D, but every time he needed a big play or got his play called on 3rd/4th down he was able to convert.  I was down 14-7 getting the ball at half, but he got a stop on my first drive.  Was 28-14 and I scored on the last play.  Better results than what I've had playing him with middle/bad teams. 

I was pretty happy with the way I played all day.  Lost to Chet in the BOTB 21-16 with the same match-up (big play was a blocked PAT by LT that kept it 14-13, then the next TD put him up two scores).  Had a very good game in the round of 32 vs. suicideking (WAS vs. MIN) that went to OT.  I got a drone pick from Bowles to get the ball back and scored a TD to survive that one.  He had converted a nice 4th and 9 at the end of the game to send it to OT. 

It was a very fun day and a very well-run tournament (as was the one I attended two years ago).  Meeting Fulcher was a treat; he was very friendly, was there for a long time, and took the time to talk with everyone who approached him .  He drew the match-ups for the BOTB thing, so I told him I liked him less for putting me against Chet.  He responded by saying I deserved it for wearing a Steelers jersey, or something like that.  The championship game lived up to the hype.  Just a very fun day all around.

Just another fun-filled day of Tecmo. Took a day to not do much of anything except sit on my ass and play with my daughter. I shunned her off the entire day yesterday. Pictures, videos and results will be posted on our website within the next few days. Thanks, all.

Congrats to BigMV, well played and well deserved!

Is that the official revelation of of Tecmo X Chet? I hope our game was inspiration for it!

Another live success.... you notice the only people who dog the events are the ones who don't show..... surprise

I have to get Ken Brunner, my best man and last place finisher at #MWTecmoVI, to change the mobile settings to the video so it can be viewed. But you can watch the video on a desktop. Fantastic work.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=uE9_GETTx40

Sweet video I'm glad to say I'm part of a very close knit community!!!!!! nothing better the guys from all over getting together for a Saturday reliving their youth through a sweet video game!!!!!! Thank you Chris!!!!!

Edited by EL TECMO