New Mini Helmets Logos

KEITH, that last helmet you put up looks like it's a bit different "shape" than the rest.  is that a "world league" helmet?

post-5602-0-48435100-1363374181_thumb.jp

Edited by buck

Since we're in no real rush here, why don't we sit with these designs and vote tomorrow? Don't want anyone getting voters remorse.

Buck, that's probably the case; I was trying to remove the bumpers we'd added to the helmets and am doing a very shitty job of it.

Edited by keithisgood

KEITH, that last helmet you put up looks like it's a bit different "shape" than the rest.  is that a "world league" helmet?

attachicon.gifpukers.jpg

Bodom introduced the stretched helmet and the shapes got all squirly. Keith's helmet is correct.

ok.  well, we need to get a little layout picture like I made, but with "non-distorted" helmets.  then we can compare what looks the closest to the actual GB helmet.

Bodom introduced the stretched helmet and the shapes got all squirly. Keith's helmet is correct.

Edited by buck

UPDATED LIST

post-5602-0-21797500-1363396968_thumb.jp

I am not really down with the olde-english "G" that has the hanging "shelf" on the right side.

If I had to pick right now, I gotta go with "A", my close 2nd choice is "E"

Edited by buck

WOW!!!! No creative vision.

My helmet, opens up possibilities for others to look better with "three pixels" removed. PROPERLY CENTERED!!!!!!! MORE COLOR on the HELMET!!!! Clean and eye popping! It's about as good as it's gonna get.

Obviously, this isn't a community anymore! Only the input of 4 or 5 individuals, matters around here. I'll "CHALK" this one up now!

Peace out!! I'm done!  8-)

WOW!!!! No creative vision.

My helmet, opens up possibilities for others to look better with "three pixels" removed. PROPERLY CENTERED!!!!!!! MORE COLOR on the HELMET!!!! Clean and eye popping! It's about as good as it's gonna get.

Obviously, this isn't a community anymore! Only the input of 4 or 5 individuals, matters around here. I'll "CHALK" this one up now!

Peace out!! I'm done!  8-)

elway,

my contest is that the bottom-right of the "G" extends out beyond where it seems like it should be.  I honestly didn't really examine the rest of your helmet - I was mainly looking at the G Logo and how closely it resembles the actual Green Bay Packers G logo.

but now that you compel me to examine your helmet in its fullness, I will admit that it is a very nice looking and sophisticated helmet.  it seems balanced and completely believable, as a TSB NFL helmet.  have you tried to make the "G" without the protruding southeastern shelf?

Edited by buck

OkayOkayOkay,

Elway, my real take is that I don't like how the front green facemask bar has been altered. The helmet's open yellow palette now reminds me of Ryan Fitzpatrick's special ed.-sized helmet. If you alter one face mask, you have to alter them all, and I'm not down with that concept. I've stated as much already. I think your "G" doesn't bother me, in fact, I kind of like it, but not when it comes to changing the facemask.

...cant....stop...altering...packers...logos...

:razz:

Sh*t ...I never thought the Packers logo discussion would take off like this.  Like I said, it's one I've always thought needed an update, but could never figure out how to design it.  In looking at all the helmets side by side next to the actual helmet, maybe the original is the way to go.  :oops:  

Still waiting for a Packer fan to throw their 3 cents in. 

I vote A or B.

Edited by Bodom

• 4 months later...

After updating the large helmets, I've found some of the facemasks on the mini helmets are the wrong color. Any way this can be fixed? I'd do it myself but I never quite got the hang of the mini helmets. Here's a list of requested changes:

MIA should be White ($30)

CLE should be Grey ($10)

MIN should be black ($0F)

IND should be grey ($10)

SF should be grey ($10)

I believe that's it. Hopefully its not too much hassle.

After updating the large helmets, I've found some of the facemasks on the mini helmets are the wrong color. Any way this can be fixed? I'd do it myself but I never quite got the hang of the mini helmets. Here's a list of requested changes:

MIA should be White ($30)

CLE should be Grey ($10)

MIN should be black ($0F)

IND should be grey ($10)

SF should be grey ($10)

I believe that's it. Hopefully its not too much hassle.

I'll look into this saturday or sunday.  one thing about minis is that each team does Not have it's own unique palette to work with - they are shared.

where is the latest rom to work from?

• 1 month later...

Sorry to bump this thread without a new contribution, but I wanted to let you know that the helmets on the '14 rom look great, both large and small.  I'm glad you were able to use some of my work and I'm happy to have contributed, as small as the contribution may be.

Cheers.  I'm 1-0 with my Bills and E.J. Manuel.  :mrgreen:

Thanks for the bump, actually. In ironing the bugs from TSB14, we found some of the minis still needed tweaking. I've upated the x1 rom with the following:

SF and IND have grey facemasks

MIA has white facemask and new logo

MIN has black facemask

JAX has their crazy gradient on the mini

Dropbox link has been updated:

http://db.tt/DyKJNWIW

Thanks for the bump, actually. In ironing the bugs from TSB14, we found some of the minis still needed tweaking. I've upated the x1 rom with the following:

SF and IND have grey facemasks

MIA has white facemask and new logo

MIN has black facemask

JAX has their crazy gradient on the mini

Dropbox link has been updated:

http://db.tt/DyKJNWIW

cool.  is this the same one you just posted in the "new base rom" thread?

Edited by buck

cool.  is this the same one you just posted in the "new base rom" thread?

it is.  There are 3 extra tiles if you want to take a look at giving CLE a grey facemask. I couldn't figure out how to alter the special graphics drawing routine to allow it.

Edited by keithisgood