Let's play: Which Team Would You Pick?

vikingmoe02

GOLD!  Aint nobody beating the PNW for trash talk...... (half the tecmo battle, innit?)....... (other half being a chill 40 oz beer, in my hood at least).....

TBK, I'm going to represent the PNW hard style, coming in hot, and leaving 'em as cold as the cheese state tundra....... aint NOBODY ever played the manyo they'll play at madison, i promise you that...... so get up the hype jack, for I WILL REPRESENT!....... been sitting in the cave for awhile now, doin' WORK for this tourney: now i'm ready to bring fire to the tecmo gods themselves, yeah i fuckin' said it!...... some maverick shit going on over here!!! HELLFIRE!!!!!!! Woooooooo-owwwww!!! 

As for Kamp....... we've both seen that cold blooded tecmo killer in action before, wooooooo-boy!..... I don't like to think about it much actually, that last tourney there was NO stopping him........ I still shudder to recall that glassy look in his eyes whenever he decided it was time to turn away from his beer and BRING THE HUNA RAIN down upon whatever piss-poor pretender he happened to be playing with at the time (unless it was randy of course, then I loved it)......... so hide your children, hide your puppies, Madison!  cuz a HUNA STORM BOUT TO COME DOWN OFF THE HORIZON INTO YOUR TOWN!!! cue in....... bout 60 days.

PS..... TBK, I found this comment in another thread, I was wondering what your thoughts were..........

I've finally decided to reply to one of your posts. I've played both guys (Kamp many times..Manyo a couple). While both are great players, I'm having a hard time believing your statement. Come to Madison once. Just the people from WI can and will kick your ass all over the field, not to mention the elite guys from other states.

I really don't give a **** if you finally decided to reply to one of my post or not.  On-line play, (which I'm figuring how you played them) is a hell of a lot different than MAN to MAN, face to face.....I'v heard stories of people cheating on-line and a lot of other bull$#!t.  You can't get away with that when your opponent is right beside you.....That's why I never wanted to play in on-line Tecmobowl games ..........I'll bet there's a lot of on-line self proclaimed all stars and champions that will get SMASHED at a real Tourney, on a real console........And you can bet yo a$$ I'm gonna be at one of these Madison Tournaments in the next couple years, and when I do, you and yo Wisconsin rednecks might find out that your cheesy little state isn't the home of the best players in the world, or the birthplace of the "original" Tecmo Superbowl Tournament, cuzz out here, we've been doin' it big since the game came out in 91' with less players, but just as much talent.....and in this case, bigger isn't always better.....just more watered down.

.......And as far as getting my a$$ kicked all over the field in Madison, I got a feelin' the only people who are gonna stop or challenge me are the best your state got...and the rest will fall in line and get out smarted, out tapped, and str8 up out played, and that will be the end of that. 

This is why I am loving the shit out of Tecmo these days.

First off, I think TBK and Coco would actually hit it off in person, even though I've only met TBK in person. I have urged TBK to get in on the online action and I think it will happen eventually. I can only hope that TBK makes it to Madison, I think that would be EPYCK!

As for Manyo, the glassy eyed look had A LOT to do with the consumption that day. I was rolling a pint a game and in deep loving it. Not sure what my drinking game plan will be for #TecmoX.

As for the trash talking, PNW can bring it with the best. Unfortunately it's not my style. I bring a Miyagi Do Dojo kind of respect to every tourney (That one's for you Toolie, but it fits perfectly) Respect thy opponent and Thy Tecmo gods. Do your best and PLAY FULL TILT till the final whistle as you have no idea what the tecmo gods could have in store for you, whether you're up 17 in the 2nd half or down.

Finally, more to the topic.

PHI vs CHI - I think I love taking CHI here. The DL OL blowups can only help, and frankly I'm more used to playing vs QBEAGLES than with him. Trust in Tomczak and the willingness for your opponent to call run vs the 2 headed monster that is Neal and Johnny, or even put them out in routes if thats your thing. Overconfidence in QB Eagles passing ability vs a stout secondary like Chicago's will get those TOs we all covet so much.

Can't wait for #TecmoX

THE BEST COAST is COMING!

Last year at Waterloo, I played CHI vs PHI 2 times in group play and I won both with CHI.  (we kept rolling tier 2 in our group and the other guy always picked PHI first, so I took the Bears thinking they matched up the best)  Neal was hard to stop with the PHI D (CHI O-Line is legit) and QB Eagles threw some picks to that good CHI 2ndary.  For me, it's CHI every time in this one.  Most people over-rate their own ability with QB Eagles IMO, I know I did myself in the past.  Remember, your opponent will NEVER call run so his odds of calling your play are higher than usual.  I don't think it's a bad matchup though if you are great at defending the Bears running game.

I think CHI-PHI is all about who you play.  I played Jeff B (elite 8 Madison 8, 4th place Madison 9) in this in Madison 8, and he called this matchup.  I took CHI because I'd been a beast w/the run all day, and thought CHI secondary could give me enough support to contain QB Eagles.  I could not get any offense going with Bears passing game against an elite defender like Jeff, and eventually could not stop the 3rd and 5's w/QB Eagles.  Bottom line is you can't allow an elite player QB Eagles under any circumstances.  Knowing what I know now, I'd call PHI with this matchup every time in single elimination game, and in group play it would all depend on what I knew of the opponent, but probably still pick PHI.  In fact, I'd probably take my chances with PHI in single elimination against just about every team except SF and maybe NYG.

GOLD!  Aint nobody beating the PNW for trash talk...... (half the tecmo battle, innit?)....... (other half being a chill 40 oz beer, in my hood at least).....

TBK, I'm going to represent the PNW hard style, coming in hot, and leaving 'em as cold as the cheese state tundra....... aint NOBODY ever played the manyo they'll play at madison, i promise you that...... so get up the hype jack, for I WILL REPRESENT!....... been sitting in the cave for awhile now, doin' WORK for this tourney: now i'm ready to bring fire to the tecmo gods themselves, yeah i fuckin' said it!...... some maverick shit going on over here!!! HELLFIRE!!!!!!! Woooooooo-owwwww!!! 

As for Kamp....... we've both seen that cold blooded tecmo killer in action before, wooooooo-boy!..... I don't like to think about it much actually, that last tourney there was NO stopping him........ I still shudder to recall that glassy look in his eyes whenever he decided it was time to turn away from his beer and BRING THE HUNA RAIN down upon whatever piss-poor pretender he happened to be playing with at the time (unless it was randy of course, then I loved it)......... so hide your children, hide your puppies, Madison!  cuz a HUNA STORM BOUT TO COME DOWN OFF THE HORIZON INTO YOUR TOWN!!! cue in....... bout 60 days.

PS..... TBK, I found this comment in another thread, I was wondering what your thoughts were..........

I love the trash talk from all sides.  Bottom line there are probably 8-10 ELITE players out there live on console that I've seen.  Then there are legitimately 30-40 more that can all do damage given the right matchups or bounces of the ball--that includes beating elite players 15-20% of the time.  And now, there are another 50 or so that are capable of beating that 2nd group, and can even give an elite player a game or beat them 5% of the time.  Just making the bracket at Madison is a great feat.  Wait til you see the groups, there will be 4-5 players out of every 8 capable of advancing--no joke.  It gets harder every year.

I look forward to seeing if the PNW can bring the wood in Madison and join the elite ranks, or if they are just a level below.  Good luck.

It can still happen. Anyone can still plug in a turbo controller or whatever. I only disabled nestopias built in turbo. And I increased the difficulty of a play picking cheat very substantially but its still POSSIBLE.

He should. I know he's concerned about cheating, but that can't happen with Bruddog's anti-cheat nestopia.

It can still happen. Anyone can still plug in a turbo controller or whatever. I only disabled nestopias built in turbo. And I increased the difficulty of a play picking cheat very substantially but its still POSSIBLE.

Wow. I guess I didn't know that.

I've only been on the online scene for about a year, but I haven't come across someone I suspected of cheating. I mean, what would be the point anyway?

Regulator88 rated the North West an 0.1 on a scale of 1 to 10.....on a Tourney weighted scale???  Who the **** is regulator88???  Our pool might not be as big as lets say Madison, but we have elite players.....off the top of my head:  ME, Kampuna, Sir Ted, Manyo, Gripsmoke, Chalky White, Goal-Line-Land-Mine, Money V, Randy (callmefairf), The Professor, Boogie with Stu, & many others.....and ALL of them could handle their $#!t in any Tecmobowl setting, believe that............I know I do my share of talkin' smack, but Regulators just a hater.  Like I said 1,000 times, playin' on-line with your pajamas on in the comfort of your own home is a hell of a lot eazyer than Playin in a Tourney where people are all around you, and there's PRESSURE............................................so **** regulator88.

Regulator88 rated the North West an 0.1 on a scale of 1 to 10.....on a Tourney weighted scale???  Who the **** is regulator88???  Our pool might not be as big as lets say Madison, but we have elite players.....off the top of my head:  ME, Kampuna, Sir Ted, Manyo, Gripsmoke, Chalky White, Goal-Line-Land-Mine, Money V, Randy (callmefairf), The Professor, Boogie with Stu, & many others.....and ALL of them could handle their $#!t in any Tecmobowl setting, believe that............I know I do my share of talkin' smack, but Regulators just a hater.  Like I said 1,000 times, playin' on-line with your pajamas on in the comfort of your own home is a hell of a lot eazyer than Playin in a Tourney where people are all around you, and there's PRESSURE............................................so **** regulator88.

ummm Regulator is a beast at NATIONAL live tourneys. I still love you though.

ummm Regulator is a beast at NATIONAL live tourneys. I still love you though.

Well he's never been to one of ours', so how can he be so quik to judge???  When I talk $#!t, it's because I feel it's justified...regulator did it just to do it.  He gave the PNW an 0.1 outta 10.....really???  I don't care how good he thinks he is...he's still a hater.  So yeah, It's still **** um'.

Outside of yourself and Kamphuna, I'd say that seems about right to me. Unless I'm missing somebody....

"Lets play: Which Team Would You Pick".............What kinda $#!t is that??!

You know Mo, sometimes I think you make these threads just so you can ripp-off stratagy & game from good players who actually know what the hell their talkin' about.....so you can go out and sound like you know what the hell your talkin' about when your hangin wit yo buddies, or attending these Tournaments..................If I'm wrong, or your so good, why you alwayz askin???  Don't you got any of your own game???  Please let me know!!!  Ha hA Ha!!!            

Sincerely,

Tailback King

It's called a 10 page thread, TailBack. It's a topic that a lot of people are interested in because we actually go to tournaments and play instead of just talking a big game all the time.

Granted, a good portion of this thread was high jacked by your Johnny Johnson pixelated man-love. However, the rest is just a fun discussion about team matchups. That's all.

You can trash talk about your perception of my "game" all you want, but until you grow some balls and get online and put action behind your words....you're lots of bark and no bite.

Edited by vikingmoe02

It's called a 10 page thread, TailBack. It's a topic that a lot of people are interested in because we actually go to tournaments and play instead of just talking a big game all the time.

Granted, a good portion of this thread was high jacked by your Johnny Johnson pixelated man-love. However, the rest is just a fun discussion about team matchups. That's all.

You can trash talk about your perception of my "game" all you want, but until you grow some balls and get online and put action behind your words....you're lots of bark and no bite.

I can't wait till the day we do face off Mo.....but you and a bunch of other chumps (Knobbe, Brudogg, Dave Murray exc....) I'm waitin' to check off my list may find out the hard way that I do back up my smack......It's just too bad it can't be at Madison X.

Back on topic yet again...

NO vs ATL

DAL vs TB

MIA vs RAI

BUF vs PHI

DEN vs JETS

ATL - Rison is the difference maker

TB - While Emmitt > G. Anderson, Haddix and Vinny are way better options than Hendrix and Aikman respectively.

RAI - I do love MIA, but the RAI are the better team all around

BUF - more balance on O, and Bruce will tear through that PHI OL all day

DEN - The D is fairly equal, but DEN has an elite RB and better WRs and the Elway scramble

These are all pretty easy choices IMO with perhaps the exception of BUF-PHI. The MIA-RAI matchup is intriguing though if you are exceptionally skilled at throwing the pill.

Edited by vikingmoe02

Back on topic yet again...

NO vs ATL

DAL vs TB

MIA vs RAI

BUF vs PHI

DEN vs JETS

These are some good ones.

ATL - I could go either way here, I'd take controller 1 probably.

TB - I hate Aikman.

MIA - Never seen this matchup called, but I might start since I love MIA and most guys overrate RAI.

BUF - I'll take my chances vs QB Eagles here.

DEN - BHump is key, plus Elway can scramble on pass plays.  Don't throw it unless u have too, McMillan/Clifton can destroy the pass game.

I've been giving the MIA-RAI matchup a bit more thought....

It's a sneaky little matchup for the following reasons:

1.  MIA's top notch OL should neutralize the RAI's dominant DL and make it mostly a non-factor.

2.  Marino plus the high REC of the Marks brothers and Jensen = lots of CCs and virtual INT immunity vs the Raiders' fast but poor INT secondary (38, 38, 50, 50).

3.  Miami's D has enough useable defenders (Safety twins and Offerdahl) to give you a chance to contain Bo.

4.  The Raiders' "Wild" Jay at QB is only one wild throw away from a game-changing INT against a solid MIA secondary.

The Raiders are still a scary team in the right hands, but it's a more even matchup than I originally thought. It's a nice "A" button vs "B" button team matchup.

I've been giving the MIA-RAI matchup a bit more thought....

It's a sneaky little matchup for the following reasons:

1.  MIA's top notch OL should neutralize the RAI's dominant DL and make it mostly a non-factor.

2.  Marino plus the high REC of the Marks brothers and Jensen = lots of CCs and virtual INT immunity vs the Raiders' fast but poor INT secondary (38, 38, 50, 50).

3.  Miami's D has enough useable defenders (Safety twins and Offerdahl) to give you a chance to contain Bo.

4.  The Raiders' "Wild" Jay at QB is only one wild throw away from a game-changing INT against a solid MIA secondary.

The Raiders are still a scary team in the right hands, but it's a more even matchup than I originally thought. It's a nice "A" button vs "B" button team matchup.

I'm all about making a team one-dimensional.  I feel MIA's secondary can completely shut down a terrible Schroeder.  Then its just containing Bo, which is for sure a feat, but can be done.  Plus unless Eddie Anderson gets in excellent MIA is going to shred LA's defense. 

And some more, why not... (not checking prior in the thread so these may be repeats)

WAS vs RAMS

CIN vs RAMS

KC vs RAMS

BUF vs NYG

NO vs SEA

RAMS - Rypien is a liability

CIN - better RB and Fulcher can negate the Rams WRs

KC - better overall team in all areas except WR (and Paige is still pretty good)

NYG - I would prefer not to play in this matchup though

NO - better D and running game, Krieg is good but the low ps makes him stoppable

Who would you pick if $$$ was on the line:

WAS vs MIN

DEN vs SD

KC vs CIN

PIT vs JETS

PHX vs TB

WAS vs MIN:  HERSCHEL, HERSCHEL, HERSCHEL!!!!!!!  I can hear um now chanting from the endzones!!!.......but as hard as it is for me to say, I'd have to go with WAS if money was on the line, because there offensive line gives Rypien 30 seconds of protection in the pocket!!!

DEN vs SD:  I think Marion Butts is the best fullback in the game...and would do more damage to Denvers' D than Elway would do to SanDiego's.....................damn...............gotta go!!!!!!!!