Let's play: Which Team Would You Pick?

vikingmoe02

What.......like every topic you've ever posted???  This arguement should fit you pertectly.

Really? C'mon man. I know I shouldn't even dignify this with a response but...I...just...can't...help....myself.

First of all, Gannon sucks with his noodle arm and overall crapiness. Wilson sucks too, but he's serviceable if you're careful with him. I have subbed Gannon in for Wilson before when conditions have justified it (Wilson in BAD and Gannon in GOOD or EXC). Beyond that, starting Gannon over Wilson is just ridiculous.

Secondly, get over Walker. What, because he's a RB he's the best player on the team? Perhaps your game is too one-dimeansional with running the ball that you don't even realize that there are other offensive weapons besides RBs.

Finally, if you're using MIN and not "turning on the AC", you're underutilizing the team big time. Don't forget about Steve Jordan either.

In the Mia-Min game I would stay away from Minnesota... Walker seems to fumble at all the wrong times with me, and Marino at QB would most likely kill the secondary.  I liked the Vikings as a team... but not on TSB.

I love MIA also. Just fits my style. MIN defense is awesome though, but the offense can be a liability. I've had some bad luck with Walker also, but the worst part is conditions. If he goes into bad, you're sunk. You can try Fenney, but that's not going to ever make your opponent call run against you. If you can't get Walker going, you're pretty much stuck with throwing the pill with Whiskey Wade. Praying for JJs to AC and friends, while hoping your D holds up against Marino.

Really? C'mon man. I know I shouldn't even dignify this with a response but...I...just...can't...help....myself.

First of all, Gannon sucks with his noodle arm and overall crapiness. Wilson sucks too, but he's serviceable if you're careful with him. I have subbed Gannon in for Wilson before when conditions have justified it (Wilson in BAD and Gannon in GOOD or EXC). Beyond that, starting Gannon over Wilson is just ridiculous.

Secondly, get over Walker. What, because he's a RB he's the best player on the team? Perhaps your game is too one-dimeansional with running the ball that you don't even realize that there are other offensive weapons besides RBs.

Finally, if you're using MIN and not "turning on the AC", you're underutilizing the team big time. Don't forget about Steve Jordan either.

Get over Walker???  I don't think so.  Another fact that I can't get over is the fact that I know I could beat you 10 outta 10 times with Walker, Johnson, or whoever the hell I decide to pick by the way you talk and the dumb questions you ask.....you sound and smell like a nu booty.  Walker sets up the pass to your hero Anthony Carter.....If Walker didn't exist, or wasn't on the Vikings, you could just pick pass plays the whole game, double cover the recievers and completely shut out the Vikings offense because all the QB's on the team are far from stellar.....but you can't do that because Walkers in the backfield, and is way to dangerous not to pay attention to him..... especially if your playin' against someone who knows how to use him WELL.

I've always thought that Rick Fenney played above his stats - or at least he was always in the right place at the right time - but that's another story.

But MIN should not move the ball very well against that MIA defense.  Browner is nice, but eventually Marino and the Bros are gonna cut through that MIN defense.

Get over Walker???  I don't think so.  Another fact that I can't get over is the fact that I know I could beat you 10 outta 10 times with Walker, Johnson, or whoever the hell I decide to pick by the way you talk and the dumb questions you ask.....you sound and smell like a nu booty.  Walker sets up the pass to your hero Anthony Carter.....If Walker didn't exist, or wasn't on the Vikings, you could just pick pass plays the whole game, double cover the recievers and completely shut out the Vikings offense because all the QB's on the team are far from stellar.....but you can't do that because Walkers in the backfield, and is way to dangerous not to pay attention to him..... especially if your playin' against someone who knows how to use him WELL.

First of all, I'm not even sure what a "nu booty" is exactly. You'll have to enlighten me.

Secondly, saying that "Walker is dangerous" is one of the most laughable statements I've heard (even from you). If you can't stop a 44ms RB without picking run every time, you have issues.

Finally, and most importantly, if you're soooo certain that you can beat me 10/10 times, maybe you should get your ass online (or to Madison even) and prove it. Put up or shutup. How'd you do in your last live tournament again? 2-2 right? What, did Johnny Johnson let you down? Big surprise.

Edited by vikingmoe02

Back on topic....

Who would you pick for:

WAS vs MIN

DEN vs SD

KC vs CIN

PIT vs JETS

PHX vs TB

Thanks for that.

WASH v MIN: I have a bad memory of this matchup. I called it and the guy picked controller. I went with MIN and everybody went into bad and I fumbled 3 times. Still, I like the matchup. WASH has better RB options, but less controllable defenders. Both teams have QB issues that can be exploited. So pretty even, but I still give the edge to MIN.

DEN v SD: I've offered this one before as well. Equal running teams without the ability to JJ (unless they use backups). Nice when you know you can out-tap and out-run your oppontent. I'd lean towards SD because of Byrd.

KC v CIN: I feel like KC is the stronger team here if you're comfortable using LBs. Fair matchup overall though.

PIT v JETS: I'd have to take PIT. Jets have more on O (most teams do compared to PIT), but the PIT D should be more than enough to hold up.

PHX v TB: I'd take TB and I don't think it's close. RBs are equal (don't tell TailbackKing), but Vinny is way better than Rosy. Haddix can cover the whole field himself against Rosy's noodle. Young is a great counter to Vinny as well, but his 31ms should help move the chains.

Back on topic....

Who would you pick for:

WAS vs MIN

DEN vs SD

KC vs CIN

PIT vs JETS

PHX vs TB

I'd take and have taken WAS here.  More confident scoring, and have CBs at top and bottom to stop offense.

I'd take SD, although this is close.  Probably my "go-to" matchup since I really like both teams.  Both have variety on D, but I feel SD's O is just a bit better

I'd take CIN.  CIN is an underrated team.  Strong on offense, and Fulcher combined with Francis I would feel good about stopping KC's run attack.

I'd take NYJ I think, although this is pretty even.  I just think you'd have to be really elite to get 17 on me w/PIT, and I can score 17 w/NYJ pretty comfortably

I'd take TB, but another I think is even. I like TB's offense better, and Rosenbach won't kill me on D.

Who would you pick for:

WAS vs MIN

DEN vs SD

KC vs CIN

PIT vs JETS

PHX vs TB

WAS MIN - Might depend on whether or not you're allowed to use WR2 as a RB. Ricky Sanders 56ms not too shabby. I agree also with liking the ability to have DBs on top and bottom. But, I still would probably pick Minny. Hershel can do damage and WAS just doesn't have much in the front 7 to use to stop the run, and Minny def  does.

DEN SD - SD They've got Oneal in a good spot, and Den has a weak secondary INT wise, not many chances to jump up and snag an errant BJT throw. Elways wheels are nice, and they have better options receiving, but it's still SD for me.

KC CIN - Cincy has the tools you need, but Okoye has a few Bengal targets for Reddenbaching and Cincys receiving options are not very speedy. I would probably go KC

PIT vs Jets This is a real tossup. I've learned to love Pitt a lot. That D does a great job rallying to the ball :-) If given the choice I'm not sure what I would do. Prob depend on what I know of my opponent. Good passer, I'm probably going Pitt. Better runner, I might go Jets. But I think more often than not I go Pitt.

PHX TB - This one is easy for me TB all  the way. Vinny to Carrier with Gary and Cobb is all you need. Haddix is a one man wrecking crew.

First of all, I'm not even sure what a "nu booty" is exactly. You'll have to enlighten me.

Secondly, saying that "Walker is dangerous" is one of the most laughable statements I've heard (even from you). If you can't stop a 44ms RB without picking run every time, you have issues.

Finally, and most importantly, if you're soooo certain that you can beat me 10/10 times, maybe you should get your ass online (or to Madison even) and prove it. Put up or shutup. How'd you do in your last live tournament again? 2-2 right? What, did Johnny Johnson let you down? Big surprise.

No Mo........Johnny Johnson DIDN'T let me down.  I'v only had ONE Tourney game in my life that Johnson hasn't cracked the 100 yrd barrier (vs Sir Ted & the Steelers)........All my record showed is the extraordinary amount of ELITE players up here in the NW.....People may find that out the hard way in MADISON courtasy of "Kamp Da Champ" (NW reigning Champion) and Manyo, who is as close to elite as you get.  

No Mo........Johnny Johnson DIDN'T let me down.  I'v only had ONE Tourney game in my life that Johnson hasn't cracked the 100 yrd barrier (vs Sir Ted & the Steelers)........All my record showed is the extraordinary amount of ELITE players up here in the NW.....People may find that out the hard way in MADISON courtasy of "Kamp Da Champ" (NW reigning Champion) and Manyo, who is as close to elite as you get.  

Dont forget Goal Line Land Mine and Chalky White!

I've finally decided to reply to one of your posts. I've played both guys (Kamp many times..Manyo a couple). While both are great players, I'm having a hard time believing your statement. Come to Madison once. Just the people from WI can and will kick your ass all over the field, not to mention the elite guys from other states.

Edited by coconuts0622

I've finally decided to reply to one of your posts. I've played both guys (Kamp many times..Manyo a couple). While both are great players, I'm having a hard time believing your statement. Come to Madison once. Just the people from WI can and will kick your ass all over the field, not to mention the elite guys from other states.

I really don't give a **** if you finally decided to reply to one of my post or not.  On-line play, (which I'm figuring how you played them) is a hell of a lot different than MAN to MAN, face to face.....I'v heard stories of people cheating on-line and a lot of other bull$#!t.  You can't get away with that when your opponent is right beside you.....That's why I never wanted to play in on-line Tecmobowl games ..........I'll bet there's a lot of on-line self proclaimed all stars and champions that will get SMASHED at a real Tourney, on a real console........And you can bet yo a$$ I'm gonna be at one of these Madison Tournaments in the next couple years, and when I do, you and yo Wisconsin rednecks might find out that your cheesy little state isn't the home of the best players in the world, or the birthplace of the "original" Tecmo Superbowl Tournament, cuzz out here, we've been doin' it big since the game came out in 91' with less players, but just as much talent.....and in this case, bigger isn't always better.....just more watered down.

.......And as far as getting my a$$ kicked all over the field in Madison, I got a feelin' the only people who are gonna stop or challenge me are the best your state got...and the rest will fall in line and get out smarted, out tapped, and str8 up out played, and that will be the end of that. 

Forget Wisconsin. Tailback would go 0 for the state of MN. We got bestinworld, sconnie ale, edisaurex, 8-bit, QB Browns, sega, adversity, myself, my brother, AND my sister. That's just off the top of my head!

Ok, my sister doesn't play, but I had to add that for dramatic effect.

GOLD!  Aint nobody beating the PNW for trash talk...... (half the tecmo battle, innit?)....... (other half being a chill 40 oz beer, in my hood at least).....

TBK, I'm going to represent the PNW hard style, coming in hot, and leaving 'em as cold as the cheese state tundra....... aint NOBODY ever played the manyo they'll play at madison, i promise you that...... so get up the hype jack, for I WILL REPRESENT!....... been sitting in the cave for awhile now, doin' WORK for this tourney: now i'm ready to bring fire to the tecmo gods themselves, yeah i fuckin' said it!...... some maverick shit going on over here!!! HELLFIRE!!!!!!! Woooooooo-owwwww!!! 

As for Kamp....... we've both seen that cold blooded tecmo killer in action before, wooooooo-boy!..... I don't like to think about it much actually, that last tourney there was NO stopping him........ I still shudder to recall that glassy look in his eyes whenever he decided it was time to turn away from his beer and BRING THE HUNA RAIN down upon whatever piss-poor pretender he happened to be playing with at the time (unless it was randy of course, then I loved it)......... so hide your children, hide your puppies, Madison!  cuz a HUNA STORM BOUT TO COME DOWN OFF THE HORIZON INTO YOUR TOWN!!! cue in....... bout 60 days.

PS..... TBK, I found this comment in another thread, I was wondering what your thoughts were..........

Tourney weighted system:

Madison : 10

Midwest: 8

PNW : 0.1

Back on topic again....

I have just one matchup to discuss, and it's PHI vs CHI.

This is a sneaky matchup I've seen at tournaments lately. The Bears D line just obliterates Philly's terrible OL. CHI can pick pass all day long, and it's always dangerous to throw into coverage on a picked play against the Bears. But if you have enough skills with QB Eagles, you should be able to get it done, right? What if they come after you with Singletary and can out-tap you?

I think it's an intriguing matchup, but I still feel like the Eagles are the way to go. If you throw in some shotgun plays to buy time, and you have top notch scrambling abilities, Philly should be able to take down the Bears. Provided you can stop Neal Anderson with the Philly D....

Edited by vikingmoe02

I would take CHI over PHI, personally.  

This is banking on the assumption that the opponent is overly confident of their control of QB Eagles.  Of course, QB Eagles in the right and perfect hands is almost unstoppable.  

I would not be too afraid of that PHI defense - just game/play-plan for Jerome Brown and would have to be careful with offense playcalling to keep PHI def honest.

Edited by buck

Back on topic again....

I have just one matchup to discuss, and it's PHI vs CHI.

This is a sneaky matchup I've seen at tournaments lately. The Bears D line just obliterates Philly's terrible OL. CHI can pick pass all day long, and it's always dangerous to throw into coverage on a picked play against the Bears. But if you have enough skills with QB Eagles, you should be able to get it done, right? What if they come after you with Singletary and can out-tap you?

I think it's an intriguing matchup, but I still feel like the Eagles are the way to go. If you throw in some shotgun plays to by time, and you have top notch scrambling abilities, Philly should be able to take down the Bears. Provided you can stop Neal Anderson with the Philly D....

Last year at Waterloo, I played CHI vs PHI 2 times in group play and I won both with CHI.  (we kept rolling tier 2 in our group and the other guy always picked PHI first, so I took the Bears thinking they matched up the best)  Neal was hard to stop with the PHI D (CHI O-Line is legit) and QB Eagles threw some picks to that good CHI 2ndary.  For me, it's CHI every time in this one.  Most people over-rate their own ability with QB Eagles IMO, I know I did myself in the past.  Remember, your opponent will NEVER call run so his odds of calling your play are higher than usual.  I don't think it's a bad matchup though if you are great at defending the Bears running game.