Difficulty

DeBerg

This game can be a major pain in the ass.

Look at the Lions for example.

I'm playing 3 year mode, and currently in 1992 season.

Lions, week 1 in Chicago. Barry Sanders fumbles twice. One huge fumble at 2 yardline. Bears get it back and drive all the way to score, 17-14 with 1:32 to go. Rodney Peete does just enough to get them in the field goal range, like 40 yardline with 4 seconds remaining. Hanson misses the kick.

17-14, loss

Lions at Redskins, week 3. This is even worse because Rypien got his skull cracked in week 1 against the Cowboys. So he's still out injured. perfect chance for the Lions to win a game here after a heart breaker in Chicago and an epic ass beating that the Vikings gave them.

The Lions defense was absolute shit in this game. They made back up QB Redskins (I think Cary Conklin) look far better than Rypien looks. Redskins got up 10-0 early on. Barry Sanders fumbled twice and they scored both times off that. I scored a TD, Peete to Moore. In this game I lose Brett Perriman and Willie Green. In the 4th quarter the Skins went up 23-10. Down by 13, Peete turns into Dan Marino and it's like a machine I went 6/6 for 80 yards on the next drive, getting the TD to Moore.  After a marvelous defensive stop, it is 2:23 left on the clock and I have the chance to go down the field and score a TD and win it. I got the ball at the 50 yardline after 2 Peete passes got a first down to Mike Farr. Hand off to Barry Sanders, he picks up 13 yards, and FUMBLE Redskins recover it and they return it all the way for the game winning touchdown. After all that great play in the 4th quarter with Peete, Barry Sanders fumbled the 3rd time in this game and sealed it for me.

Why does Barry Sanders fumble so much? He fumbled 3 times in that game, ultimately losing it for me. I have yet to play a game with the Lions where Barry Sanders does not fumble.

More difficulty came with the Packers. The 1992 Packers have NO defense whatsoever. No Reggie White, so that means no defense. They have a few good guys in the secondary and that's it. I had an incredible game where I was down 17-0 at half time against Tampa Bay. Second Half, Favre throws a bomb to Sharpe, goes 75 yards for a TD. 2nd drive, Favre to Sharpe again, 56 yards this time, 14-17. Then the running game started to pick up, and I did a play action pass to Beach, 21-17. i won the game 31-17, and it was hard to believe I was down so much early on.

Oh did I mention that the Bengals offense is down right terrible? You do have Boomer at QB and he's far worse than the QB he is for the Jets in TSB 1 for SNES. I played 3 games with the Bengals, and Boomer has went 1 TD and 5 INT so far, despite the 3-0 start. Their offense is mostly a joke but that defense I've managed to run 2 shut outs so far, and they have a great secondary.

This game is more fun for it's difficulty, really you can never be too sure when it comes to it. I had a game with the Rams against the Pats where I lost to New England at the last second with Tony Zendjas worthless ass missing an easy 33 yard FG that would have put me up 33-31.

• 4 months later...

That sounds like some bullshit. It's not competitive that's cheap. Three fumbles?!? I get pissed two. Sounds like the first 2 fumbles got you in a hole, and when you play your ass off to climb out of it and have a chance to win, they make Sanders fumble again.

What are Barry's attributes in TSB II?

• 2 weeks later...

That sounds like some bullshit. It's not competitive that's cheap. Three fumbles?!? I get pissed two. Sounds like the first 2 fumbles got you in a hole, and when you play your ass off to climb out of it and have a chance to win, they make Sanders fumble again.

What are Barry's attributes in TSB II?

I will have to go back and check. I finished this season however, Barry still rushed for 1,300 yards despite all the fumbles.

I went full 16-0 undefeated and won the Super Bowl with the Houston Oilers in this 1992 season of TSB II. Moon went 50 Touchdowns and 6 Interceptions. Beat Dallas in the Super Bowl in a nail biter, 23-18. The season was a breeze with Houston, Detroit was the only game that I came close to losing (38-35) 2 Moon picks sent them up 21-7 at the half and I had to play catch up before finally taking a lead in the 4th.

• 2 years later...
On 2/25/2013, 11:08:25, DeBerg said:

This game can be a major pain in the ass.

Why does Barry Sanders fumble so much? He fumbled 3 times in that game, ultimately losing it for me. I have yet to play a game with the Lions where Barry Sanders does not fumble.

Oh did I mention that the Bengals offense is down right terrible? You do have Boomer at QB and he's far worse than the QB he is for the Jets in TSB 1 for SNES.

- Isn't that why it has the fans it does? The difficulty.

- I'm guessing Barry has a decent BC attribute in TSB II. It's not like the real Barry had lots of fumbles. Are you getting out of bounds as much as you can? Even being near the sideline when being tackled can make a diff in not losing a fumble.

I've often wondered if there is more to generating fumbles than the ball carrier's BC. Does the tackler/ball carrier HP make a difference? This would explain why QBs seem more apt than normal to fumble on picked plays. Also why Barry might fumble more than other backs, if he has a decent BC but a low HP. 

- Do you mean he's on the Jets for TSB III? He was on the Bengals first, then the Jets. 

• 1 year later...
On 11/22/2015 at 1:07 PM, Green Majik said:

- Isn't that why it has the fans it does? The difficulty.

I would say the difficulty and improvements in game play. 

Yes, the difficulty makes it awesome. This is the only Tecmo game where the computer can really play super-juiced and kick the shit out of you. 

As for gameplay improvements; It's the only Tecmo game where you can actually catch tipped/batted passes....I originally wrote all these posts 3 years ago and now I've played this game so much more over the years, I've learned new things about how this works and wanted to come back and share these things with everyone. 

TSB 3 is championed for being able to return interceptions for TD's, and you can do that here too. 

• 7 months later...
  • 2 months later...
On 6/3/2018 at 8:55 AM, tecmoalpha said:

Yes sir the 94 cardinals can stomp the 94 SF team if the cpu is ready for u to lose in season play...fumbles,picks,

Injuries out of nowhere lol

Reminds me of how it can really be sometimes in an NFL game

Yes, that's one of the reasons I absolutely love TSB 2. 

The CPU tends to play you tougher as a season drags on if you are undefeated or just have a single loss. I think the CPU gets "juiced" if your team is undefeated. 

The one flaw though is the CPU calling 2 point conversions after almost every touchdown, even only being down 7-0 early in a game, however I've learned that the CPU tends to stop this late in a season. If I ever get into hacking and editing the game, this is the one thing I want to fix more than anything.