New Large Helmet Logos

keithisgood

I've had others suggest the same thing. I agree they can be garish but I kept them in the spirit of the original tecmo feel. But if the consensus is that the sun spots can be done away with, I'm all for it.

It's so funny, because I'm totally with you on this logic. I have no strong feelings about the sun spots either way. I agree entirely with your sentiment from the above statement. But I'm totally open to removing them, ultimately. The sun spots have always kind of been that one thing to denote three dimensionality to me in the large helmets.

It's so funny, because I'm totally with you on this logic. I have no strong feelings about the sun spots either way. I agree entirely with your sentiment from the above statement. But I'm totally open to removing them, ultimately. The sun spots have always kind of been that one thing to denote three dimensionality to me in the large helmets.

I've had others suggest the same thing. I agree they can be garish but I kept them in the spirit of the original tecmo feel. But if the consensus is that the sun spots can be done away with, I'm all for it.

I believe that the only helmets that don't have sunspots (on the original 28-team) are the "white" helmets.

I think the single-stripe helmet template (the one with sunspots) should probably stay unchanged.

The helmets that can lose some of the extra highlights are the double-striped helmets which add sunspots with sprite tiles (Dallas, New Orleans, Green Bay). Also, the sunlight effect on STL's helmet is too much; the difference between $18 (the main horn) and $28 is off putting. Maybe make the main horn $28 and the sunspot part of the horn $38? This is what it looks like:

OLD                                                            NEW

XueKfGF.png     iPOPf2x.png

NE and DEN can be done; it would be a simple matter of changing which base helmet they use.

DET, SF and CAR all use the double-stripe helmet template (which doesn't include sunshine); putting sunshine on them would require the addition of sprite tiles. There's plenty of extra tiles in the second bank where CAR and the other expansion teams draw their tiles from. If we swapped DET into that bank as well, there would probably be enough leftover tiles to put sunshine on every helmet. It would be a bit of work but it certainly can be done.

I think it's worth the work; going through the original tecmo super bowl game, every helmet has sunshine except the white helmets. I'd like to keep that continuity with the original game.

Edited by keithisgood

Added some sunshine to NE, DEN, CAR and DET. Color palette limitations mean the only color available for shine on SF's helmet is white; contrasted on their dark gold helmet, I found the sunshine looked garish and took it out. I guess SF is just too cool for school that way.

Dolphins confirmed the new logo as offical, so I've updated the helmet to show. 

Version 1.0                                                   Version 2.0

LFwKdpc.png     OrydD22.png

The rumor is also that they're going to change the facemask to white (which would suggest a change of helmet color as well), so I've left some wiggle room in case this logo needs to be outlined in white. Updated the dropbox file at the top of the thread.

• 4 weeks later...