New Large Helmet Logos

keithisgood

Just to be certain $31F90 is in the middle of a block of FFs. This is where I'm supposed to paste the hex?

yep.  that's the new condition code.  it is a new subroutine written by jstout. 

It's been said already a dozen times over, and several by myself, but your work is great, Keith. It's going to be such a welcome addition to this new base ROM we're rolling out. I'm probably going to open up a can of worms with this one, but have you given any thought to the small helmets?

New look for the Bucs, tried to match that bronze look they have.

OLD                                                             NEW

nGVfZRL.png     UoGKuwv.png

The flag logo is 10x what it was, but the helmet color is not so hot.

keep the grey?

I was using this as a template:                               Closer? Maybe I should just drop the bronze highlights

Tampa_Bay_Buccaneers_Helmet.jpg  XluuejX.png

Here's my go at the 49ers (I was half tempted to use their awful 1-day logo from '94):

OLD                                                             NEW

rx9r17c.png     hNi2hYJ.png

I'd tried to make the logo bigger by adding a tile from elswhere in the bank, but 1) I couldn't figure out how to add the data into the hex; and 2) a 3 tile by 4 tile logo looked gargantuan.  

Edited by keithisgood

This one took some work. Moved tiles in hex, changed pointers and extended the Titan's Logo Flame back to its original proportions. I also tweaked the red and blue to slightly darker shades.

OLD TITANS:                                                NEW TITANS:

2YRcWln.png     5ET7mwP.png

...And Oakland's new Helmet

OLD:                                                             NEW

8BX65A6.png     IhsbZYS.png

AND Kansas City (had to write new hex to draw this one correctly):

OLD                                                              NEW

uoQUl2z.png     UuQQYO0.png

Edited by keithisgood

This one took some work. Moved tiles in hex, changed pointers and extended the Titan's Logo Flame back to its original proportions. I also tweaked the red and blue to slightly darker shades.

OLD TITANS:                                                NEW TITANS:

2YRcWln.png     5ET7mwP.png

...And Oakland's new Helmet

OLD:                                                             NEW

8BX65A6.png     IhsbZYS.png

AND Kansas City (had to write new hex to draw this one correctly):

OLD                                                              NEW

uoQUl2z.png     UuQQYO0.png

Nice! New Raiders = DOPPEEEEEEE

The Buck Copy and Paste method is much more effective than Pull and Pray

um, I think you got that backwards.  I am known to practice pull n pray.  and wasn't there an old country song about unanswered prayers?

Edited by buck

All improvements so far. Ive noticed 2 problems with the updated rom on the first post though. The dolphins logo isnt aligned properly and I think the teams with black facemask should swap the 2 facemask colors. Put the grey color on the outside and the black color on the inside. As it is right now the facemask blends into the background by swapping the colors it shows up better.

Yes, I'd mentioned earlier in the thread, the "new" dolphins logo uses a different orientation from their old one. I'll have to go in and change the hex to re-draw the sprite; probably once I've finished the other logos. There's also the slight possibility that the dolphins will use an entirely different logo.

And for facemask colors, I'll play with the combos and see what looks good.

Okay, So I tried to fix Indy's tilted horseshoe. Only at standard orientation, it tends to look overly blocky. My solution was to fake a gradient with multiple shades of blue to give the appearance of curves. I think it came out pretty well.

OLD INDY                                                     NEW INDY

OTkovEG.png     soedeW8.png

Indy's sprite required new hex which I shuffled down to where the expansion team logos are drawn. I used the extra space to re-draw the Dolphins logo (god I hope Ross chooses this one, I rather not have to shuffle around more hex) to put the tail where it belongs.

OLD FINS (LOL):                                          NEW FINS

eMCd7BV.png     LFwKdpc.png

Still need to tweak the sun on that one.