New Large Helmet Logos

keithisgood

Any suggestions on how (or even if) to handle that color gradient? Use the Bengals template and set one color to 28 and one to 18?

Is there a way to add another background for the helmets like the Rams and Bengals? I know there are 4 of them maybe add a 5th one and point it to use that? If not just leave it black.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I Just had a thought and wanted others' opinions. As-is, the jags' helmet won't have the gradient because of palette limitations. BUT--what if we scrapped the Rams helmet template and converted it to a gradient helmet template for use with the Jaguars? With three colors and some creative use of pixels it could work. There's tile space in bank 82 to draw the entire ram's horn and hex space (given I shuffle some of the other drawing routines and change the pointers) with the Expansion teams to draw the logo (I believe) to replace their helmet entirely. 

Is this something worth exploring further? The Jags may be the vanguard here, ushering in other gradient helmets the same way Denver led to other teams with funky helmet striping. 

Edited by keithisgood

I did a mock up of a gradient helmet for the jags. I did a tile count and I believe I have enough tiles to pull it off. I'd have to reshuffle some of the drawing hex to fit in an expanded Rams helmet elsewhere, but again I think [i think?] it can work. 

So... What do you think? The angle of the gradient is a bit off, but this is only a mock up.

8121_jacksonville_jaguars-helmet-2013.gi

post-8228-0-31010100-1373337562_thumb.pn

Edited by keithisgood

I did a mock up of a gradient helmet for the jags. I did a tile count and I believe I have enough tiles to pull it off. I'd have to reshuffle some of the drawing hex to fit in an expanded Rams helmet elsewhere, but again I think [i think?] it can work. 

So... What do you think? The angle of the gradient is a bit off, but this is only a mock up.

8121_jacksonville_jaguars-helmet-2013.gi

logo looks cool.  

the "gradient" doesn't seem to get "dark enough" towards the front of helmet.  and it looks like it should get darker sooner.

and I don't know about that gold line on the helmet's top/front border - maybe use the darker-gold?

look at flavor-flav junior, here:

post-5602-0-33865900-1373338299_thumb.jp

Edited by buck

That is amazing! I would suggest a little less gradient fade if possible. The helmet almost goes from flat black to gold with very little gradient right around the ear hole. The graphic sheets do not look like the helmets in real life. I cant believe you pulled this off!

OK, I take that back.  After importing your graphic of the REAL helmet into an editing program, I see that the gold gradient technically begins really far to the back of the helmet as you accurately depicted in #164 (about in line with the back of the Jaguar logo is where black starts creeping into the surrounding gold).  So, I think that not only does #164 look the best, but it does seem to be the most accurate too.  The black gradient ends quickly around the earhole and the color stays solid all the way to the front.

OK, I take that back. After importing your graphic of the REAL helmet into an editing program, I see that the gold gradient technically begins really far to the back of the helmet as you accurately depicted in #164 (about in line with the back of the Jaguar logo is where black starts creeping into the surrounding gold). So, I think that not only does #164 look the best, but it does seem to be the most accurate too. The black gradient ends quickly around the earhole and the color stays solid all the way to the front.

The graphic of the real helmet he posted is not correct. The helmets they wear dont have a smooth fade. It pretty much starts black in the front up until just around the ear hole then it goes to gold with very little gradient. I have the new helmet at home the most recent change he showed was really close. Maybe a few more black pixels towards the back before starting to change to gold and it will be perfect.