TSB ROMs | Recommended/Popular Downloads [Updated: 06.15.13]

GameplayLoop

[ Last Updated | 6.15.2013 ]

Greetings TSB Player,

This thread is dedicated to housing links of long-standing, annually-released Tecmo Super Bowl custom game files (ROMs) created by forum members for the latest NFL season. Additionally, this thread will also contain a link to the latest prior release of a popular TSB series, or a stand-alone legendary ROM file. Perform a Forum Search (be sure to specify which forum you're trying to search for information in) to find more custom games from these ROM authors or more! Feel free to add links or suggestions for consideration below.

Thank you,
TecmoBowl.org Staff

[ ROM Legend - Describes what has been included in the custom game ROMs. ]

TC = Total conversion hack
**GFX = Major graphics hacks included
**GP = Major gameplay hacks included
GFX = Minor graphics hacks included
GP = Minor gameplay hacks included

2012-13  ROMs                                                   

NFL TSB

NES | MAN, COA, COM
> TecmoBowl.org's Tecmo Super Bowl 2013 **GFX, GP
> Drummer's Tecmo Super Bowl 2K13 **GFX, **GP

> Buck's Street Tecmo 2013 TC

> Proads' TSB 2013 GFX, GP
> Odell's TSB 2K13 GFX

NES | COA, COM

> MGK's Tecmo Super Coach 2012-13 **GFX, **GP

> Elway's Tecmo COA '13 **GFX, **GP

COLLEGE TSB

NES | MAN, COA, COM

> Carther's Rose Bowl 2012-13 **GFX, GP

POPULAR  ROMs                                               

NFL TSB

NES | MAN, COA, COM

> CX_ROM's Original 32-Team Tecmo Super Bowl GFX, GP

> Jstout's 3/4 & 4/3 Defenses GP

> Bruddog's Tecmo Super Bowl 2012 GFX, **GP

> Buck's TSB Highspeed 2011 **GFX, **GP

> Buck's TSB Time Machine GFX, GP

> Xplozv's Just Bring It! 4 (Special Edition) GFX, **GP

> Xplozv's Just Bring It! Franchise QB Mode **GP

> Xplozv's Just Bring It! Franchise WR Mode **GP

> Xplozv's Just Bring It! Franchise RB Mode **GP

> QB Eagles Tecmo Super Bowl 2011-12 GFX, **GP

> PhilleyOPhish's Updated Original TSB 1991 GP ** ADDED 6/15/2013

NES | MAN

> Bruddog's MAN vs. MAN Custom Defenses **GP

SNES | MAN, COA, COM

> Xplozv's Just Bring It! Hardcore GFX, **GP

> Mr. NFL's Greatest Teams (TSB I) GFX, GP

Genesis | MAN, COA, COM

> Xplozv's Just Bring It! (2010) **GP

> TecmoSuperFan's All-Time Greatest GFX

NFL TB

NES | MAN, COA, COM

> Tecmo Bowl 2012 (32-Team Hack) **GFX, **GP

COLLEGE TSB

NES | MAN, COA, COM

> Xplozv's NCAA TSB (Demo) **GFX, **GP

SNES | MAN, COA, COM

> DH & Hurricane's NCAA 2012 (TSB3) TC

MISC TSB

NES | MAN, COA, COM

> Jstout's Continental Indoor Football League TC

> Arena Football League TC

> USFL/WLAF Tecmo Super Bowl TC

Cleary, this thread's creation has only just started. I'll be adding classic custom ROMs, as well as cleaning the Upload/Download forum tomorrow (today) during the Northeast "blizzard" that has already shut down Boston before it's even begun.

I'll be adding Buck's ROMs, Bruddog's ROMs, Jstout's ROMs et al. So, fear not. Outside of the long-standing contemporary ROM series', I'll only be putting the absolute most unique Tecmo Super Bowl / Tecmo Bowl ROMs in this temporary placeholder until the Download Section is completed. I will not be putting Tecmo Super Bowl roster edits dating back to 1776.

maynard, could you link my "playoff edition" street tecmo version???

http://tecmobowl.org/topic/52553-tsb-2013-street-tecmo-playoff-edition/

The one you've linked to is the pre season one - so get rid of it!

also, maybe a bit more info than GFX, GP, because it has a whole different "physics engine" than any other roms.

Edited by buck

Thanks for this, MGK!  You are doing a great job creating these organizational posts for all the great content here on tecmobowl.org!  Much appreciated; didn't even know about some of the ROMs listed here.

You bet, dude!

maynard, could you link my "playoff edition" street tecmo version??? also, maybe a bit more info than GFX, GP, because it has a whole different "physics engine" than any other roms.

You got it, dude. Also, regarding your suggestion on adding another category that references 'physics engine,' can we find a better way to describe it? I definitely understand what you're saying, but I'm wondering if we could find a better way to describe the difference between "gameplay" notations (which most people will very generally understand as in-game differences between the standard TSB experiences) and 'physics engine' changes. One way would just be to lump a game like Street Tecmo into a different category listing instead of these 'upgraded' standard TSB experiences. 

So, either a different way to classify a 'physics engine' change that new users would have a grasp on understanding out of the gate, or a new ROM category entirely for 'non-standard' TSB football experiences. I'm more apt to side with category difference, as total ROM hacks like the TSB Street experience are fewer and further between. What do you think?

You bet, dude!

You got it, dude. Also, regarding your suggestion on adding another category that references 'physics engine,' can we find a better way to describe it? I definitely understand what you're saying, but I'm wondering if we could find a better way to describe the difference between "gameplay" notations (which most people will very generally understand as in-game differences between the standard TSB experiences) and 'physics engine' changes. One way would just be to lump a game like Street Tecmo into a different category listing instead of these 'upgraded' standard TSB experiences. 

So, either a different way to classify a 'physics engine' change that new users would have a grasp on understanding out of the gate, or a new ROM category entirely for 'non-standard' TSB football experiences. I'm more apt to side with category difference, as total ROM hacks like the TSB Street experience are fewer and farther between. What do you think?

maybe "Modified Game Engine"?  I mean a shitload of "behind the scenes" stuff is changed, like most of the attribute tables are adjusted, sim tables adjusted, and other various "behavioral" changes, like some variations of stuff based on xplozv findings.

except for any "purist" type of roms, I have been adjusting things "behind the scenes" (to make stuff "feel" right, imo) since my first "highspeed".  as far as I know, nobody else has released any completed roms with these sorts of tweaks.....

ok, after all that chatter...how about "bucked up" label!   8-)

Edited by buck

[ Last Updated | 2.9.2013 ]

I just spent the better part of seven or eight hours divided in two days of this Northeast snow storm to totally prune the Upload/Download section of the forum. What started as 15-pages is now 10-pages. The only ROMs found in this forum should now be Tecmo Super Bowl / Tecmo Bowl-related. All other uploaded ROMs dealing with other games should be found in the 'Other Games' message board.

I've linked many ROMs above that I feel fit the agenda of what this thread is about--linking to valuable and unique properties by ROM authors. Not contained in this thread is every roster update that has ever been invented. There's no reason for this, as the Download Section will eventually contain all of those ROMs. This is a 'best-of-the-best' kind of thread.

I'm open to including any ROMs that people feel strongly about, and that I have left off the above list. Just present me with your thoughts! Also, be on the lookout shortly for a pinned thread requesting multiple-ROM authors to create a post that links to their combined work. I would, eventually, even like to pair down the above list.

carther has that bad-ass rose bowl rom, with the 2-tone grass field. not sure where the thread is

Semi-Pro Football 2011 
http://tecmobowl.org...by-buckrewhawl/
2011: probably the tightest TSB hack ever made. altered rating system "highspeed"leave your pride and political correctness at the door, please.

11-12 "Purist/Enhanced" 

http://tecmobowl.org...and-upgrade-v3/
2011-12 NFL: (2 versions) this is TSB completely set up the way the original 1991 game was - same rating distributions, same old plays, etc. but with 2011-12 rosters. (updated pro bowl rosters, too)

2010-11 HIGHSPEED 
http://tecmobowl.org...owl-update-205/
2010-2011 NFL: This is the first HIGHSPEED version from 2010-11 season - of significance is that this version still uses original PLAY PICKING for defense, but with initial HIGHSPEED engine and with some pretty sweet new plays and formations. tough COM.

Edited by buck

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 5 months later...